Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Black Caviar Looked Awful?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Balciano Balciano wrote:

From memory she backed up back from the 1400 metres of the Orr to the 1000 metre Lightning in the space of 7 days. If they were looking for easy wins or soft kills I can think of easier ways to go about it, particularly against a horse as great as Hay List.

How fast did they go in the first 800m of that 1400m? 51.75sec, last 600m 33.39 Let's be real-that was nothing more than a track gallop
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 5:20pm
Yawn.
There off! View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote There off! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:14am
Was Paz the bloke that kept laying BC every start?

Funny stuff.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:38am
I give up.  Haylist was a great galloper.  Black Caviar was great mare who through thick and think remained unbeaten.  Why do we have to say anything against her.  It's not belittling Haylist he has a great record but he couldn't beat her.  Not that he ever stopped trying his great heart out.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:55pm
Atreus has been beating the same drum for a long time and ignoring what is relatively common knowledge for almost as long. 

I'm dubious but this might help explain to novices and skeptics what Moody was up against throughout her career and why Black Caviar was carefully managed.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:17pm
See she has another filly.  By I Am Invincible.
animals before people.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:24pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:13pm
Its hard to believe she has been off the track that long !!!!
animals before people.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:00pm
This one seems to look like mum.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:16pm
The article with the picture said the same furious - the filly is big and strong and looks like mum.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:34pm
This good stuff belongs in her "proper" thread Dizzy.

With what we now know it's interesting reading some of the dismissive early comments in this thread about her lacklustre Adelaide and Ascot runs.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 1:18pm
Who was the second best Bel Esprit? Black Caviar is the Powerball Bel Esprit- incredible fluke. Division2 pays $95,000.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

TOLEDO View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOLEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 1:55pm
2nd best Bel Esprit might be Bel Sprinter?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by TOLEDO TOLEDO wrote:

2nd best Bel Esprit might be Bel Sprinter?

Correct. Moshe might've been with a longer career.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:19pm
Sorry Dizzy just looked at the photo.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 2:09pm
Clearly she was much worse than generally known, judging by John Sadlers' remarks Clap

"He also praised the Queenslander for what he achieved with the unbeaten champion mare Black Caviar when Moody was based at The Heath.

Despite the stories of chairs and fax machines being thrown around the trainers' tower, Sadler empathised with what Moody must have been going through when training the legendary sprinter.

"He was under immense pressure," Sadler said. "He's training a hundred horses and on top of that, he's got the best horse in the world and an unsound best horse in the world.

"Amazing training performance, Peter Moody with Black Caviar, absolutely amazing.

"In fact, it's the best training performance, I believe, getting what was a huge horse, she put those legs to the ground quicker than anything else can, but on top of it was this huge frame.

"It was always a big thing to be able to keep her sound.

"The Moody-Black Caviar performance, I think it's greater than any others that I know."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 2:29pm
Just proves how much of a champion she really was.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 11:25am
Has she just foaled a filly to Written Tycoon ??   Or have I got that wrong  ??
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Who was the second best Bel Esprit? Black Caviar is the Powerball Bel Esprit- incredible fluke. Division2 pays $95,000.

Crikey I come up with some good lines even if I do say so.Clap
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 3:19pm
You certainly do Tlazz. To be fair though - the competition in the Racing Section leaves a bit to be desired LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 3:50pm

Crikey I come up with some good lines even if I do say so.Clap

He has 25 other stakes winners including 2 group 1 winners. Bel Sprinter would be second best about 15 lengths behind. 

reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456