Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Topic ClosedWilliam Pike

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 1:39pm
My daughter shares a house with someone who works for what ever that department is called maccamax.  Going in to protect the children etc.  They do an enormous job with what they have.  I don't know about Qld.  And I don't need hysterical fear or panic to know  that people with bad health need more protection than they are getting at the moment.  In NSW this thing is everywhere.  I've only managed to visit one site in the last week without being pinged to say a covid case was there.

Daughter orders her food online for delivery as the friend is aware her job opens her up for infecting others if or when she catches it.  They went to the beach with the dogs last weekend and socially distanced ect.  Any moves we make - be it masks or sanitisers or social distancing isn't hysteria or anything like it.  It is helping keep us and others as safe as possible.  No symptoms doesn't mean you don't have it and we are all out and about again.  So that is the only way I can make sure I'm not spreading something if I am unlucky enough to get it.

That and searching for tests for home - which are a tad hard to find!  Mum comes home tomorrow and I hope to visit her as she has muddled her way to thinking we left her in rehab because she did the wrong thing (falling).  She's been a mess so the soon we can see her the best.  But lets face it times are dangerous for her health isn't good.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by lulu lulu wrote:

Well I was mainly talking of those tortured soles from eastern block countries. But I remember well my old mate Fotis who only recently passed, telling me how he was actually born in Egypt as his parents fled Greece in 1946 during what was a civil war costing over 150,000 lives. Bloodshed, murders, and total unrest as a panned communist insurgancy occurred. Churchill traded Stalin Romania for Greece at Yalta. Uncle Joe was never one for promises not that the old war monger Winston was either.
Not talking about the souvlaki shops in Richmond.

Yep, two things. 

Those tortured eastern block souls need to realise this aint the eastern block.

Fotis is one person, a Greek from Egypt. 
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

The Greeks and Cypriots were screwed and taken over by a military junta orchestrated by the USA in the 60's and 70's- the biggest foreign power that we should all be scared of but I think lulu and many others here wouldn't classify them as 'foreign' !

F Harry Stowe
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Some of us have friends you know PMD, the lucky ones.
Are they all fantasists like you?
Ah if only Rusty, I'll ask them when they get off the respirators and out of ICU......those that survive that is.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

About the last 3 or 4 pages here have nothing to do with William Pike. Going to be fun for the mods to move them all. Here some help for them:
- Move the last 3 or 4 pages to the Coronavirus thread
- Move Dr Bonjour QC’s posts to the Jokes thread 

Relevance to topic hasn't improved & there are many more applicable threads in which to discuss content of about the last 5 or 6 pages.
Thread now closed.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910