Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Gavin Lang very sick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gavin Lang very sick
    Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 11:42pm
Gavin Lang is in Ballarat hospital suffering from Pneumonia
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 12:10am
Didnt think it was pneumonia. I heard it was still a bit of a mystery illness.
I don't have one
emrodd View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 2:44am
It's Pneumonia plus the mystery
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 6:06am
REALLY!?! Thats bad news for Gavin.
Heres hoping he too gets better as I love backing his horses..........and I gotta say Ive never heard a bad word uttered about the bloke.Thumbs%20Up
I don't have one
emrodd View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 7:59am
He'll be out of the bike for a while....He ain't no saint neither
Ready to Run View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ready to Run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 9:42pm

I also wish Gavin a speedy and complete recovery.

Bagman, you obviously haven't taken a quaddie with Gavin driving a short priced favourite in one of the legs.
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 9:31pm
LOL  Nice one RTR.
Aww c'mon emrodd , the last bloke I heard about who never made a mistake was crucified by the Romans for his troubles.
I don't have one
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 12:08pm
how is he?
uncle remus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle remus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 8:15pm

Gavin Lang yesterday declared himself fit to drive last year's winner Robin Hood in Saturday night's Victoria Cup,

Lang, struck by a mystery illness that has restricted him to driving at one meeting in the past month, said he was regaining his strength and would be right to drive Robin Hood, who provided him with his first Victoria Cup win in 2007.

Lang was sidelined by illness when Robin Hood won the recent Group 1 Treuer Memorial for stand-in driver Josh Willick at Bankstown.

Robin Hood, who has amazingly drawn the tricky barrier six for the fourth consecutive time in the Victoria Cup, is a $12 shot with TAB Sportsbet.

Lang will also drive his brother Chris's talented young trotter Skyvalley in the Group 1 Bill Collins Mile.

"I'm getting a bit stronger each day," Lang said. "I've got to undergo a few more scans next week and hopefully after that I'll be able to know what the problem is."

Report  by Adrian Dunn - courtesy of The Herald Sun

Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 12:37pm
Just heard he’s fallen very ill again.

Fingers crossed for a recovery. Rarely have a bet at the trots but always feel confident when I see G.Lang in the sulky.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 12:39pm
Just heard he’s fallen very ill again.

Fingers crossed for a recovery. Rarely have a bet at the trots but always feel confident when I see G.Lang in the sulky.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:00pm
Radio 927 mentioned him earlier today and used the word was several times.I hope it was just a blunder
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:22pm
HRV Media Release

The Victorian harness racing industry’s thoughts are with Gavin Lang and his family after receiving confirmation the champion driver has taken ill.

Lang is not able to have visitors, but his family issued a statement to the industry via Harness Racing Victoria, which read:

“Gavin is currently being treated for a sudden illness, which will keep him away from the races for the immediate future.

“We are remaining positive and Gavin is in good spirits. However, it is extremely important that he has time to rest. We thank friends for their warm thoughts and respecting our need for privacy at this time.”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:34pm

Gavin is in good spirits. However, it is extremely important that he has oktime to rest.          That's a lot more positive              
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:49pm
Hope he gets well soon, fond memories of the Lang family from the old Showgrounds days , dad Graham was a pearler to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply