Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

G1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:09pm
In hindsight no leader with Samadoubt out there was a worry about a pacemaker the mare could race in a intractable fashion and resort back to her old habit , I have a feeling Addeybb deliberately missed the kick to cause confusion , once he seen the mare racing ungenerously ha gradually allowed the winner to ease to the front to suit himself , 2-05-+ for 2000 metres is not flash , the jock imo is not a mug so maybe they done their homework.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:10pm
 Yep.  He beat em fair and square,   Held off VE.  
Only international to win 3 G1s in Ozz. 
animals before people.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Good Old Ted Good Old Ted wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Waller can take the blame. The jockey probably should have let her go but was probably befuddled by Addeybb missing the start and taking his time to take a position.

Verry Elleegant can win an Arc but not with Waller in charge.

You have no clue . 

You're right, he doesn't know much but thats not new news....its been known for years. 
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:53am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Yep.  He beat em fair and square,   Held off VE.  
Only international to win 3 G1s in Ozz. 

On the top of my head - the second best internationally trained horse to win multiple Group 1s in Australia is Dunaden - 2011 G1 Melbourne Cup and 2012 G1 Caulfield Cup.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:01am
The one trick pony claiming someone else hasn't got a clue? Now I have seen it all, although I guess in the style of the classic school yard resort, it does "take one to know one".
Cheeky View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:09am
I reckon crap ride on VE! This was not a difficult race to ride in, good horse, small field, good barrier, jumped well and clear run. I think we can expect our best jockeys to manage a horse pulling.

Good Horse Good Jockey Good Bet Pittsburgh Phil
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 11:03am
I know none of us take any notice of ratings but I reckon when the bureau's have cruntched their numbers they will be telling the front two have not run   anywhere near their best.

Then again, maybe the other 5 have run new peaks.

Edited by djebel - 18 Apr 2021 at 11:04am
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:09pm

I know none of us take any notice of ratings but I reckon when the bureau's have cruntched their numbers they will be telling the front two have not run   anywhere near their best.

Then again, maybe the other 5 have run new peaks.

I agree with you on this one. Straight away after the race I said to my mate that I dont believe the race would rate very high. Adeyybb'a peak Timeform rating is 129 - not sure he got to that level yesterday. Verry Elleegant's peak Timeform rating is 123 - not sure she got to that level either but she did get to that level in the Ranvet Stakee (which she won).

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:12pm
I doubt that Adeyybb is top 5 in Europe at the moment but we shall see.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:14pm
Mishriff and Love are better, off the top of my head.
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

He is currently but there were better but they retired. Ghyiaath was better but he retired. 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:51pm

Currently not many better than him, even less at 10f
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:55pm
Last year's news. I mean now. This European season.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:57pm
Yes, this year there is currently even less better than him
Time is a flat circle
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:59pm
Tlaz,
I think in reality you are wrong, but the UK industry will spruik the latest 3yo's as something extraordinary as they do every year and he will be forgotten until he comes out and repeats what he did last year in the Champions Stakes!
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:07pm
On a similar surface to yesterday or on drier ground Lord North ( a gelding Angry ) would beat him 9 out of 10 times. 
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:11pm
Absolutley Djebel, Lord North is a better dry tracker horse then Adeyybb...heaps better.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:25pm

On a similar surface to yesterday or on drier ground Lord North ( a gelding Angry ) would beat him 9 out of 10 times. 

And on a wet track Addeybb beat him by 13 lengths. It doesn't take away he is currently one of the best horses in Europe.
Time is a flat circle
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:47pm
He is certainly one of the best horses in Europe, they just have more depth and far superior trainers.

Verry Elleegant and Sir Dragonet would be very competitive in Europe over 2000-2400.

Even Mo'unga who ran last would probably be competitive with the right campaign.

Nobody could be satisfied with yesterdays result from the point of view of the way Verry Elleegant went about her business.
reductio ad absurdum
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

He should have done this.  He should have done that.  He should have been able to get her to settle.  Grandstand pundits like you display bugger all appreciation or understanding and clearly shows.

Who is being irrational here? McDonald is a great jockey no doubt but he messed up big time. His primary focus should've been to relax that mare it was pretty much the only way she could get beat if she pulled. Not rocket science.

You're incapable of acknowledging a jockey rode a bad race according to you never has happened never will happen. And you want to questions others' credibility. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:53pm
Lord North a gelding.Angry His trainer is clearly an incompetent clown, eh djebel. Wink

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:58pm
McDonald should have had a plan B given the extremely obvious possibility of no pace and that plan B should have been lead at a pace where my horse isn't pulling. Ouch

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:14pm
Lack of pace has always been her nemesis from the day she landed in Oz , her thread is full of posts about her reaction when things are not going her way and her " light mouth " is now a fixture in her brain and not a callous , I can guarantee if the great George Moore was the pilot he would Not hesitate to let her stride as staying is her forte , if you want to see another " ordinary " ride , check G. Boss on Sir Dragonet , gave him no chance imo.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:27pm
Sorry Djebel and Jamal,
Lord North is not a better horse than Addeybb. He beat him once 2 months after Addeybb won last years QE at Randwick. Which means he had to quarantine, fly over to UK and was most likely underdone. It was a G1 but only worth 148,000. He then gave him 3 months off (that is right 1 run after his flight back probably to blow off the cobwebs) and got him ready for the major prize in England-the Champions Stakes worth 425,000 which he duly won on soft going leaving Lord North lamenting in last place. Prior to this Lord North had 3 starts on soft or heavy for 2 wins and a 2nd so he is no duffer on wet tracks.
DiEM25 for the world.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:32pm
And Djebel, 

Mishriff is not a better horse than Addeybb. Winning two races in Middle East does not make you better than Addeybb.

Mishriff would do well in Australia but again in the Champions Stakes he was comprehensively beaten by Addeybb (11.5 lengths). Again at 4 starts prior on wet going he had 2 easy wins, a third and a fourth. 

Love could possibly be better but let's wait and see her against 4yo company and colts and geldings before we jump to that conclusion. She is a champion 3yo filly of last year and that is all we can say as of now.
DiEM25 for the world.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:34pm

Lord North a gelding.Angry His trainer is clearly an incompetent clown, eh djebel. Wink

About 10 or 15 years ago he said England should foloow Australia's example and have more geldings.

He is leading the charge.

Tonight at Newbury there are 3 really good maidens. They have far more geldings in them than they would have in the past.

They will soon be a basket case importing their breeding stock from Japan. 

Edited by djebel - 18 Apr 2021 at 2:35pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:35pm
It wasn't a good ride by J Mac early, whether instructed or otherwise, he probably should've just let her roll a bit. The horse was pulling her head off and trying to push her way out when Addeybb was on her outside so he couldn't help but restrain her then, otherwise big trouble. Once Addeybb went past her though then he could've let her roll up the outside maybe.

This is all in hindsight etc etc
Time is a flat circle
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:39pm

Place

Horse

Jockey

Comment

1st

ADDEYBB

Tom Marquand

Last year was incredible but I couldn’t help but, a few months later, think what a shame it was for Addeybb to come down here and win a race of this magnitude with no crowd. I thought I was unlucky. Now I realise I am twice as lucky because I did it once, rode my first Group One winner down here without a crowd and now it’s like doing it all over again. The atmosphere here is just incredible. What a phenomenal effort from William Haggas to bring him back down here. I was completely unaware of which horses were where, all I could feel what that they were all pushing to the line, but if ever there is a horse to have at the 200m in a scrap it is him. It’s the closest I have been to tears in a very long time and I’m not that old. Genuinely this is what makes up for what we do. It’s been tough being away home for a few months but I’d do it ten times over for a moment like that.

2nd

VERRY ELLEEGANT

James McDonald

She went amazing. Was pulling a bit hard early, and was jostled a bit which got her upset.

3rd

DALASAN

Kerrin McEvoy

Great run. Wasn’t suited in front, he pricked his ears. Kicked really well once challenged.

4th

THINK IT OVER

Brenton Avdulla

He ran huge. Shows the Donny was the one that got away last week. He was held up for clear running at the top of the straight. Once they zapped his energy he just peaked.

5th

SIR DRAGONET

Glen Boss

Probably not my most intelligent ride I’ve ever ridden in a race. He was good. With the tempo in the race I probably should have made a mid-race move at the mile. But I thought I’d tag Verry Elleegant who was probably the horse to beat. He was left flat-footed when they sprinted. In all honesty I should have been on my bike much much earlier.

6th

MUGATOO

Hugh Bowman

Had a lovely run. Wasn’t quite up to them.

7th

MO'UNGA

Tommy Berry

He’s been beaten two lengths by Verry Elleegant. He’s only three with a few Grand Finals this prep. He’s done very well. Can’t wait for him to come back in the spring.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

Sorry Djebel 
Lord North is not a better horse than Addeybb. He beat him once 2 months after Addeybb won last years QE at Randwick. Which means he had to quarantine, fly over to UK and was most likely underdone. It was a G1 but only worth 148,000. He then gave him 3 months off (that is right 1 run after his flight back probably to blow off the cobwebs) and got him ready for the major prize in England-the Champions Stakes worth 425,000 which he duly won on soft going leaving Lord North lamenting in last place. Prior to this Lord North had 3 starts on soft or heavy for 2 wins and a 2nd so he is no duffer on wet tracks.

There was a lot of controversy with that surface that day. 

Clearly both Mishriff and Lord North ran well below form.

reductio ad absurdum
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 3:33pm
* waits for Second Chance to dismiss Boss' negative comments about his own ride and say he was a victim of circumstances. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>