Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

G1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 2:49pm
If VE is parked outside him most defeinitely. But I'm not sure he's going as well as last year.

@Jamal the only good thing about TIO winning is Boss choosing the wrong horse. LOL
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 2:53pm
I assume Bossy thinks Sir Dragonet is a better chance then Think It Over
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 3:28pm
I will eat my hat if Verry Ellegant doesn't win.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:55pm
Jeez J Mac wont want to see that again. LOL
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by deejays destiny deejays destiny wrote:

I will eat my hat if Verry Ellegant doesn't win.

Better start eating. Add some salt and pepper on it too. Enjoy.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:58pm
So it was his fault VE over-raced for 1000m?  Wacko
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:59pm
Verry Elleegant was brave. Tried her heart out. Addeybb was too good.

Addeybb vs Verry Elleegant:: the score is  3 - 1 in Addeybb' favour.
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:59pm
VE pulled her head off, ticket was in the bin after 200m
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

It's all too hard for you isn't?

He let her run out of the gate to take up a forward spot. Should've slowly worked his way forward allowed her to relax. Just gently slide across the main thing being to make sure she's settled. And after all that he was second last at the 600m. LOL 

As a professional jockey in a big race riding a mare that's known to overrace yes it's his job to make sure she settled. Not sure why that's so hard for you to understand?

Great jockey but botched this one a treat.
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:04pm
VE cost herself the race. She raced horribly with the head up for half the race. We thought she got over those antics with maturity but obviously not.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:08pm
This from Shawy elsewhere: wasted too much energy pulling herself into the ground for the first 800m.

Apparently he, me, D's D, RR and everyone else bar P_M_D have got it all wrong.  Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:09pm
You always call for backup when you're desperate. LOL
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I said to my buddies a while back I thought VE would win the first race and Addeybb the second. I will be sticking by that.

CoolLOL
Time is a flat circle
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:16pm
She seemed a bit fresh after 3 weeks break and McDonald didn’t make great decisions out of the gates. But the winner was too good.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

It's all too hard for you isn't?

He let her run out of the gate to take up a forward spot. Should've slowly worked his way forward allowed her to relax. Just gently slide across the main thing being to make sure she's settled. And after all that he was second last at the 600m. LOL 

As a professional jockey in a big race riding a mare that's known to overrace yes it's his job to make sure she settled. Not sure why that's so hard for you to understand?

Great jockey but botched this one a treat.

As a seasoned grandstand jockey it looked a spectacularly bad ride to me, for the reason you describe.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:34pm
Did people particularly notice how wide Verry Elleegant's mouth was when over-racing, which has a huge negative effect on effective breathing/air intake?

honi soit qui mal y pense
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:38pm
Waller can take the blame. The jockey probably should have let her go but was probably befuddled by Addeybb missing the start and taking his time to take a position.

Verry Elleegant can win an Arc but not with Waller in charge.
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Waller can take the blame. The jockey probably should have let her go but was probably befuddled by Addeybb missing the start and taking his time to take a position.

Always an excuse for the horses you back that don't win isnt there. Score line...let me remind you 3 - 1 in Adeyybb's favour. The real question you should be asking is why YOU didn't rate Adeyybb high enough. Once again you continue to underrate the quality of racing in Europe at 1600m+

How on earth can you blame the trainer? Pretty poor form from you and you should know better mate. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:49pm
What's Waller got to do with JMac having no initiative?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

[QUOTE=Second Chance]So it was his fault VE over-raced for 1000m?  Wacko

It's all too hard for you isn't?  He let her run out of the gate to take up a forward spot. Should've slowly worked his way forward allowed her to relax. Just gently slide across the main thing being to make sure she's settled. And after all that he was second last at the 600m. LOL 

As a professional jockey in a big race riding a mare that's known to overrace yes it's his job to make sure she settled. Not sure why that's so hard for you to understand?  Great jockey but botched this one a treat.

He should have done this.  He should have done that.  He should have been able to get her to settle.  Grandstand pundits like you display bugger all appreciation or understanding and clearly shows.

ps how about McEvoy's ride in the Oaks?  Not at all bad for a jock you reckon can't ride.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:51pm
Tlazolteotl - exactly. Absolutely spot on. Djebel blaming the trainer....seriously the mind boggles.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:54pm
ps how about McEvoy's ride in the Oaks?  Not at all bad for a jock you reckon can't ride.

Who says McEvoy can't ride? If he was riding VE it would have led and it wouldn't have been pulling.

Simon Cameron

Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:57pm
Addeybb was too good for her today, but she was in trouble racing ungenerously & getting shuffled back.

2000m is short of her ideal trip.  I’m with djebel, if she acclimatised ok, she’d acquit herself well in an Arc De Triomphe over her pet trip of 2400m
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:13pm
I noticed her pulling hard, pretty revved up really, in the pre race warmup but have no idea if this is normal for her. Can anyone confirm or otherwise?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:53pm
Didn't see the prelims Gay but the attitude you describe could clearly have been a significant factor in her attitude over the first 1000m.

Other than that all I know is that PMD maintains the jockey stuffed up big time whilst djebel claimed her loss was down to the trainer's incompetence.  Though anyone with more than half an appreciation....
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:01pm
From memory she has been a handful in the yard previously, hadn't been as much of an issue of late (until today)
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:07pm
Don't forget Jamal wetting his pants with excitement that she got beat, so that he can fart on about Antipodean horses lacking ability beyond a mile, for about the 5 millionth time.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:13pm
I love Saturdays LOL
Time is a flat circle
Good Old Ted View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Good Old Ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

You have no clue . 
Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:01pm
Congratulations to Addeybb, a wonderful 2000 metre horse deserving of champion status  Of the 4 fancied runners I thought he would be most disadvantaged by racing on a Good 4, I was wrong.

On the track itself, times throughout the day weren't particularly fast given the quality of horse on offer, horses could obviously still get their toe in so it seemed a fair surface for all. Maybe a 4 bordering on a 5? The race itself was interesting/perplexing to watch, didn't have a bet in the race but was hoping the Mare would win. To not break 2.05 for 2000 metres and have 2 and a half lengths covering the entire field suggests it was more tactical than a true test. Im not sure how thats Wallers fault.

Interestingly, Addeybb is likely the best performed 10 furlong horse in the world, yet has never run faster than 2:04.9 in winning. Just goes to show, times aren't everything.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>