Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Glen Boss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glen Boss
    Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 6:30pm
Jockey Glen Boss has walked out of Hong Kong racing for family reasons to return to ride in Sydney from  next week.Boss told the Hong Kong jockey club he wants a release from the lucrative riding contract.
paulandba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulandba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 8:29pm
It will be good to get him back...I like him, he's a good jockey.
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 9:02pm
I dont mind Bossy as a rider, but for some reason I just dont like him as a bloke... Im not sure why...
Daintree Duke Fan Club President!!! RIP!!!

Melbourne Autumn Tipping Champion 2009!
Melbourne Spring Tipping Champion 2009!
itsamugsgame View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamugsgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 9:18pm
met him?

terrific guy, just looks a bit cross as he rarely eats, you try it and see how happy and jolly you are.
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 9:24pm
Mugs, it nothing personal, I have never met the guy, and dont intend on saying bad things about him, he's probably a top bloke, but for some reason I dont think I would get a long with him...

A good friend of mine only has good things to say about him... but im still unsure, just my opinion...

Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 9:26pm
Seems like an ok dude on the Makybe Diva DVD. Tongue
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 9:28pm
Why wouldnt he, how much cash did he win riding her!!! I would be tooLOL

Let me clear it up, Im not saying Bossy isn't a great bloke, just that Im not a fan, thats all

recklessenemy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recklessenemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 10:34pm
Fantastic jockey and top bloke. Only Jockey together with Darren Beadman that knew how to ride Haradasun!
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 5:04am
"Jockey Glen Boss has walked out of Hong Kong racing for family reasons to return to ride in Sydney from  next week....."
....and in other news the share price for Glen Boss's business FIG JAM ltd, soared today.Wink
Personally I like the way the bloke celebrates after a big race win , but hate it when he does same when in the shadows of the winning post.
I think that would put me in the same ficticious circle as yourself Relampago, not sure if Id like him but ....gee I love his skill in the saddle.Shocked
I don't have one
benny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 5:32am
love the guy, he brings passion and a good bit of flair. i cant wait to see him back.
travo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 5:52am
needs some rhythm lessons when he's coming back on Group1 winner
It's only a rort if you're not in it.......
Nathan000 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 6:04am
Bossy is a top jockey, i rate him up there with Beadman. Hopefully he has a good Spring and picks up some nice rides.

early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 1:12am
I'll ask it again.Why do so many jockeys decide overnight that they will be on the next flight out of H.K.?
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 1:18am
i dont think they decide on the night. it is so hard to get into hong kong that they are not going to complain about the service until they are definately leaving. seems this was in the works since he came to sydney for the autumn carnival.

or maybe the cheque from the doncaster and slipper just cleared and he remmbered how much more fun it is here. remember boss loves the group 1s not the class 1s. in hong knog they expect you to put in for all especially track work.

anyway i love it. another jock i love putting my money on is in sydney.
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 8:53pm
Glen Boss will resume riding on saturday at Rosehill,Boss has been booked to ride Triple Honour in the Premiere StakesThumbs%20Up
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by early4lunch early4lunch wrote:

I'll ask it again.Why do so many jockeys decide overnight that they will be on the next flight out of H.K.?
Wink
Tell you why early !
It is a decision made after carefully weighing up the health and career benefits of leaving whilst ahead, or staying a bit longer to fill up the coffers even more. Some leave at the perfect time, and others wait a little too long. LOL 
Sudden decisions usually mean there is something on the horizon, that needs to be avoided.
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2008 at 7:23pm
Boss to ride Waterhouse trained Kremlin on saturday at Rosehill
alphadog View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphadog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 8:28am
HES A GUNThumbs%20Up
Coat Puller View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coat Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 3:11am
Well said Insider.  Agree. Thumbs%20Up
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by alphadog alphadog wrote:

HES A GUNThumbs%20Up
More like GUNNA LOL
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 9:59pm

Boss shocked by suspension

Glen Boss will appeal a careless riding suspension that could see him miss the ride on Kermadec in Saturday’s Group 1 George Main Stakes (1600m) at Randwick.

Boss was found guilty of careless riding in his winning ride aboard Kinglike for allowing the horse to shift-in at the 150m mark of the Danehill Stakes when not fully clear of Headwater, resulting in a chain reaction that saw Craig Williams have to check his mount Boston Light.

The suspension soured a big day for Boss, who completed a double aboard the Robert Smerdon-trained Iggimacool in the Spring Is The Season Handicap.

Boss didn’t hesitate so say he would appeal the decision describing it as “ridiculous” and saying he was “shocked”.

Boss said he couldn’t believe stewards found him solely responsible for the incident and thatDamien Oliver on Ready For Victory was at least equally to blame.

“I’m absolutely gobsmacked,” Boss said.

“There must be something dreadfully wrong in this room because for the life of me I can’t understand that we’re seeing the same thing.”

RV Chief Steward Terry Bailey said he was disappointed in comments made by Boss that Oliver was a “protected species” and added that stewards treated all riders equally.

In assessing the penalty stewards determined the incident to be in the mid-range for careless riding and took into account Boss’ good record.

The suspension begins at midnight and expires at midnight on September 22nd meaning Boss is free to ride at Racing.com Park Pakenham on September 23.

James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:02pm
Oliver v Boss, I love it.

It is like Sting v Seth Rollins

or

Undertaker v Lesnar...
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:03pm
Ready for Victory was cut off twice - Group 1 Glen Boss..
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:05pm
Oliver isn't a protected species? Shocked me?
2012 Carnival anyone??
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:28pm
I agree with Bossy & watched the replay countless times.  Harsh treatment.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

I agree with Bossy & watched the replay countless times.  Harsh treatment.

I agree. Went past Headwater like he was nailed to the track. Strange decision. The authorities in Vic are starting to reming me of the AFL. Obsessed with appearances.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:40pm
They are punishing Boss for his celebrations, I have no doubt. Just don't want to say it.
WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

They are punishing Boss for his celebrations, I have no doubt. Just don't want to say it.
I don't do the Twitter thing but has the hashtag #sitdownBossy taken off yet?  It should.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by WarriSymbol WarriSymbol wrote:

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

I don't do the Twitter thing but has the hashtag #sitdownBossy taken off yet?  It should.

I backed Kinglike. I was doing the same thing!!
doubledown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubledown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 11:02pm
As was I!

#bossyaeroplane
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>