Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL Season 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL Season 2022
    Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 7:33pm
Well we are 5 weeks off the week 1 matches taking place in this season and we are a few weeks away from the first of the exhibit games so we should get going with our predictions.

I am just about half way through my pre season analysis so I will post my preview next week.

I have devised a ratings system for myself and some of the ratings surprised me but I will add that list of  ratings to my posts.

I will also add a full preview of each division, team, and conference in a separate post.

Just for now my analysis says LA Chargers and Philadelphia will improve enough to be conference championship contenders. 

I can also see  teams like Miami, Cleveland, Denver and Las Vegas all improving their squads but they need things to fall their way to actually improve, such as Deshawn Watson being available for every match after his suspension and the former college duo of Carr and Adams finding their mojo for the Raiders. 

The teams I have sliding are Dallas, Green Bay, Kansas City, Arizona, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.

I can see good years coming for Detroit and Jacksonville, but they will still not win enough matches to make the post season.

All in all I can see a season as good as last season, which is saying something as last season was one of the best I have seen in 35 years of watching NFL football.

Can not wait for the season to begin!     
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 7:43pm
NFL have appealed Watson's suspension saying it is inadequate
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 7:48pm
Grossly inadequate one would have thought Horlicks.  Surely a matter of watch this space.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 7:51pm
Absolutely agree there. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 8:12pm
I was more impressed by Justin Herbert than any other QB I saw last season. Give me a great pocket passer over a great running QB any day. No Kyler Murrays for me. Not that I watch much NFL. So anyway I checked out what the vibe is for the Chargers this season. Very tough division.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:47pm
 Herbert and Murray are middling picks in salary cap fantasy.

No-one wants the MVP, so I get him cheap, every time. 

The Raiders are interesting. Adams, Weller and Renfrow are huge targets for Carr, and Jacobs is always consistent.  

some teams may not be as competitive as in former seasons. Seattle can't even decide on a QB. What a waste of Metcalfe and Lockett. Wouldn't mind either o them suiting up in green and yellow. 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 12:52pm
 I'm watching the Hall of Fame game between The Raiders and Jacksonville. 

and crying at how fit and happy Davante Adams looks...

Josh Jacobs could reap rewards off Davante's back...he's in all my fantasy teams.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 5:26pm
Okay lets see what I have before the season starts.

I will post each division and the teams. Then go through the conferences and post season and come up with the Conference championship quartet and the Superbowl teams.

So lets get down to it.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 5:49pm
AFC East.

Standings.

1. Buffalo = 14-3
2. Miami   = 10-7
3. New England = 7-10
4. New York Jets = 1-16

Team Summaries.

1. Buffalo - My Rating 60/60. All the pieces are in place for this team at least make the Superbowl. They have a top 6 rated offense and a top 5 defense. The addition of Von Miller gives them a strengthened defense and you would expect the natural improvement from Josh Allen to add to his ability to service his weapons. Deserving Superbowl favorites!
2. Miami - My Rating 39/60. Obviously the main new arrival is Tyreek Hill from Patrick Mahomes to Tua Tagavailoa. It is vital that combination has an impact from the start. Gaskin and Sony Michel are a good RB tandem and Miles Ingram is a nice pick up on the defensive side from the Chiefs. They will not beat the Bills for the division, so they will be in the group of teams scrambling for a wild card.
3. New England - My Rating 32/60. The defense which was the reason they had the record they did last season, but they have lost several pieces from that side of the ball. Their recruiting was virtually non-existent during the off season, so they are obviously looking in house for the replacements. Mac Jones should settle in further to the system, so he be a little better in getting the ball from the QB to the targets on the offense. I think this season will either be a good one or they will drop in wins and I have settled on the second option.
4. New York Jets - My Rating 20/60.On my ratings they are at No.32. I liked their draft selections, but this team has a terrible record for developing young talent. Zac Wilson does not have any high end targets but the receiving corp are solid players if they get the ball. Their defense has seen some solid arrivals but nothing in the superstar category. I can easily see this team going 0-17 but because we have had only two non winning seasons since 1966, I have to think they can snag a win somewhere, most likely at Metlife Stadium.

Division Summary: With the Superbowl favorites coming into the season the division title should be straight forward. Miami do have pieces in place to improve and they only just missed making the post season last season. I understand that Mac Jones is looking like he has regressed at training, but if he can improve the touchdown to interceptions ratio, the Patriots are again a wild card chance at best. I apologise to the Jets fans, for saying this but I really have struggled to see a match that they can win.      
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 6:25pm
AFC North.

1. Cincinnatti = 11 - 6
2. Baltimore  =   9 - 8
3. Pittsburgh =   6 - 11
4. Cleveland  =   4 - 13

1. Cincinnati - 45/60. The huge question about the Bengals is can they put two winning seasons back to back. I saw a new resilience in the Joe Burrow led side last season and I think this a new team with a new attitude. The sting of the Superbowl loss will drive them on and I think they will be as determined and dedicated if not more. Their obvious weakness last season was their lack of protection for the QB and they have strengthened the offensive line to supply Burrow with more time for his decision making and pass choices. Their defense got better as the season went on last season and still is the weakness for the team but they can do enough to give the offense their chance to win them the games. I am seeing them have room to improve their home record and if they can accomplish this they will be hard to beat for the division.
2. Baltimore - 36/60. To me they are still a one man team, and it all rests on Lamar Jackson's shoulders. Their defensive line is one of the worst at pass pressure on the opposing QB and they need to up that performance. Their secondary coverage needs to improve as well. The foundation of the Ravens post season runs have been their great record in their division and they need a similar record in this area. Cincinnati will be tough and the other two teams can go either way. If the starters stay healthy they can be in the wild card group.
3. Pittsburgh - 34/60. This teams performance this season comes down to the QB. With Big Ben retiring, they need his replacement to have an immediate impact. My understanding is that Mitch Trubisky will be given the first shot at the spot, but the draft select Kyle Pickett is showing good signs at training and in the preseason games. They have offensive weapons with Najee Harris showing last season he could be a 1000 yard base rusher, which lands him in the upper level RB class. If the rumours of Chase Claypool are correct he will be a huge loss. The Yellow and Black wall of defense has been long gone, and they need to improve this area to improve their performance. T.J.Watt is the leader of that d-line, but he needs help from others. I think this will be a hit and miss year for the Steelers and I am saying overall they will miss the post season, but show signs of improving moving forward.
4. Cleveland - 36/60. They have a good solid team in offense and defense, but the instability at the QB position will hinder their season. I think Jimmy Garropollo would be a good signing here, but that looks like it will not happen. If they go on a run they can be in a wild card position, but for that to happen they need to sweep Carolina, New York Jets, Atlanta and Houston. This will give them a good foundation and set them up for the back end of the season. 

Divsion Summary: If I am right and Joe Burrow is the leader I think he is then the Bengals should win this division. With a new looking offensive line, his performance should continue to improve and he did lead his team to the Superbowl last season. Baltimore is what you see what you get with Lamar the main cog in the wheel. Pittsburgh and Cleveland both have good weapons that can take advantage of opportunities but for both teams the QB position is unstable, however if they can stabilise that position those two teams could surprise and make the post season.           
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 6:38pm
 In all my fantasy teams, I did not buy one Jets player...

I think the Pats will still perform...Belichick always unearths some new talent.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 6:45pm
 I'm a Trubisky fan. I think he was very much maligned at the Bears. I would love him as a back-up for the A-rod, though Etling looked okay in the trial the other day and Aaron is mentoring him. Jordon Love is still looking like a deer in the headlights...

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 7:16pm
AFC South

1. Tennessee = 11 - 6
2. Indinnapolis = 8 - 9
3. Jacksonville = 3 - 14
4. Houston = 1 - 16

Team Summaries.

1. Tennessee - 40/60. Logical favorites for the division. Had a sensational home record last season only losing once. They need Henry to play all 11 matches he comes back for. The loss of Julio Jones while not crippling will lessen their depth in the receiving area and for me they need to sweep the Colts, and beat Washington and Giants while Henry is out to set up their season. 
2. Indiannapolis - 34/60. They really need Matt Ryan to reach his best again. Jonathon Taylor supplies a high end ground game, but they need Ryan to offer the opposition more than one options. The defense is good enough to help with the teams wins. If Ryan can add some other attacking options with his passing, they become a dangerous team.
3. Jacksonville - 27/60. They have not added any major recruits, but they have picked up some solid players. Christian Kirk was behind DHop at the Cardinals, but he can become a major target at the Jags. I can see Trevor Lawrence improving under a head coach who has a good record for developing young QB's. The team looks more solid on both sides of the ball but their defense is still a problem for me. I can see them improving, but not enough to grab more than 5 wins.
4. Houston - 21/60. Both sides of the ball were underwhelming and I have not seen them recruit to improve. This team for me is looking to stabilise before they can improve so again, I have given them a win due to only two teams going winless for a season.

Division Summary: Tennessee are the deserving favorites for the weakest division in this conference. Indiannapolis can challenge but they need the MVP Matt Ryan to show up and I am not sure that will materialize. Jacksonville can improve but not get near the post season this season and Houston need to improve dramatically just to win 3 games for the season.    
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 7:56pm
AFC West Welcome to the division of death, as all four of these teams could win most of the other divisions.

1. Kansas City = 11 - 6
2. Los Angeles Chargers = 10 - 7
3. Las Vegas Raiders = 10 - 7
4. Denver = 7 - 10

Team Summaries.

1. Kansas City - 42/60. Mahomes looks back to his best. They can cover the loss of Tyreek Hill. The addition of JuJu Schuster Smith adds another target for Mahomes to throw to. They have a good defense and no reason to see their effort drop.
2. Los Angeles Charger - 45/60. I am expecting this team to have a breakout season. Justin Herbert is looking strong. The weakness was the defence and they have acknowledged that by signing J.C.Jackson, Austin Johnson and Sebastian Joseph Day. The defence only has to improve 3 points a match and I can see that improvement. They only just missed out on the post season last season and they have made good progress in the off season. Not sure they can win the division but this division could have 3 teams in the playoffs.
3. Las Vegas - 41/60. Obviously the big improvement is the Adams/Carr reunion. Add Adams to the already productive offense and they are an automatic one more win team. Their defense was not up to play off standard but they have made changes which should add subtle differences which can add to the squads performance. This team if they strengthen their defense is capable of winning the division.
4. Denver - 37/60. The two additions for this team add significant upgrades. Russell Wilson is a high end QB but he is on the slide of his performance level and he has to stay healthy. On the defensive side they upgraded with the arrival of Randy Gregory from Dallas. I can see them improving but for me they need to sweep Seattle, Houston, Jets, Colts, Jaguars and Carolina.

Division Summary: This is a really difficult division. Kansas City are the champions and they deserve to be the division favorites, but the Chargers and Raiders if they become more consistent can challenge. Denver will improve but I can not see Wilson doing a Peyton Manning and leading them to a Superbowl.  
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 11:18pm
Kansas has a good defense?

No one wants them in fantasy, after last year.

Thumbs Down
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 11:21pm
 If anyone is playing fantasy, Mecole Hardman is a great late round pick up in standard leagues, and goes for about two bucks in salary cap.  
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 2:03am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Kansas has a good defense?

No one wants them in fantasy, after last year.

Thumbs Down

When Mahomes was down on form (down for him) and the offense was going through possession and conversion problems, the defense were the ones who kept them in matches. Not saying they are the best but when you have a huge offense that has high production, they are good enough to contribute to the teams  victories.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 2:48am
NFC East.

1. Philadelphia = 11 - 6
2. Dallas = 9 - 8
3. Washington = 6 - 11
4. New York Giants = 1 - 16

Team Summaries.

1. Philadelphia = 39/60. The addition of A.J.Brown adds to the offense. The draftees look to be able to have an impact this season and I am expecting Jalen Hurtz to improve under s restructured offense which is designed to take advantage of his targets.
2. Dallas = 36/60. This team. at least on paper, is not as good as last seasons. With the departure of Amari Cooper, La'el Collins and Randy Gregory, they will feel the drop in production. They need CD Lamb to step up as the main receiver, and they need Ezekiel Elliott to regain his best form. A lot of maybes here and I just can not see them winning 12 matches this season.
3. Washington = 31/60. They had a lot of injuries last season and it was on their defensive squad. If those players return and can regain their best they can improve but Carson Wentz needs to bring his 2016 season form and I am not sure he can do that, in fact on the preseason form I would be starting with Heineke.
4. New York Giants = 23/60. Not much positivity here. They were terrible last year and they are hoping for their draftees to improve that performance. Daniel Jones seems to have regressed but that is preseason form. I am really struggling to see where their wins come from.

Division Summary: On paper the Eagles have improved while the Cowboys have regressed so to me that means the Eagles win the division. Washington can improve but they will fall short of the posts season while the Giants only get a win by virtue of the they have to snag one win somewhere, theory.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 3:25am
NFC North

1. Green Bay = 10 - 7
2. Minnesota = 8 - 9
3. Detroit = 5 - 12
4. Chicago = 1 - 16

Team Summaries.

1. Green Bay - 40/60. Two things here. Obviously the loss of DeVante Adams is a huge drop in production and second the offensive weapons they have are aging. The defense and the special teams were achilles heels last season, and with expected the drop in offensive, they need to step up. Any team with The Bearded One, is a genuine threat in most matches so they will win enough to get to the post season but they need to step up their performances if they are to challenge for a conference week match.
2. Minnesota - 39/60. The big recruitment move for this team was in the Head Coach position. After 8 years, 2 NFC North titles and 3 post season visits the Vikings removed head coach Mike Zimmer and replaced him with L.A.Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell. They have brought some players who can add depth but basically they have the same line up from last season. They do need to improve their record on the road
3. Detroit - 31/60. They recruited no superstars but they are players who if they stay sound can add value to the teams potential. The two 1st round draft selections look like they can make an immediate impact and with a year under his belt in the Detroit system Goff can improve the offense. Really I can see this team sweeping Washington, Giants, Bears and Jaguars and that gets them the 4 wins, and then they can shock a higher rated team along the way. A 5 win season would be a huge improvement and it would be a good starting point for them to work their way into a strong position for the next few seasons, especially if Rodgers does retire at the end of this contract. Th team also seems to want to play for the head coach and that is vital for success in the NFL.
4. Chicago - 23/60. I am sorry for Bears fans but I am just not seeing where they get the wins. Obviously Detroit is always a good hope, especially at Soldier Field. Justin Fields looks to have regressed. Look we all know this teams ownership issues, and that seems to have filtered down to  the recruitment department. The fact they let Khalil Mack leave tells me they have already given up on this season so no Trubisky, no Mack and no recruits who seem to have added value to the teams performance. Again they get the one win due to the previous theory mentioned.

Division Summary: With Green Bay looking vulnerable this could be the division where we see a huge shock. I think Rodgers can get his offense going well enough to win 10+ matches but I wouldn't bet on it. Minnesota is balanced well enough to challenge for the division while Detroit is a huge improver for me. The team love their head coach and if you have a team that loves playing for the head coach they will at least try their hardest to play at their best. Chicago is in a serious rebuild and they have not recruited well enough to improve on their record last season.      
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 4:21am
NFC South

1. Tampa Bay = 11 - 6
2. New Orleans = 10 - 7
3. Carolina = 6 - 11
4. Atlanta = 2 - 15

Team Summaries.

1. Tampa Bay - 50/60. You see folks this is what happens when you are a magnet for other quality players. We see the retirement of Gronkowski and so the office says okay Tom here is a quality wide receiver in Julio Jones. His best might be behind him and he might be injury prone but he can still offer the Bucs good value. With Evans and Fournette also returning and Chris Godwin missing the beginning of the season, it seems they can reproduce their offensive effort. Of course it depends on how Tom Brady returns.
2. New Orleans - 42/60. They have added Jarvis Landry and Chris Herndon to the offense and this adds to an already potent offense. Of course they are missing Alvin Kamara for the start of the season but he will add to their scoring potential. They already had a good defense and they have a well balanced team. The head coach will need to be as good as Sean Payton was and that is a tall order.
3. Carolina - 27/60. Obviously it all comes down to McCAffery and Baker Mayfield. They have some new arrivals who can add some value to the teams efforts. I am worried about McCaffery's health, and I think Baker comes into a less talented group of targets so he does need to have improved his abilities. If McCaffery stays healthy and Baker fits into the offensive system then they can finish the season well but for me they are a not good enough to finish in front of Tampa Bay and New Orleans.  
4. Atlanta - 23/60. The loss of long time QB Matt Ryan is a drop. They had problems on both sides of the ball and I just can not see where they improve.

Division Summary:  Tampa Bay look just as potent as they have with Brady. Fournette, Evans, Jones and Godwin are a huge threat in offense and the defense is still good enough to play their part in the teams victory. New Orleans need Jameis Winston to develop. They have added good depth to the already solid offense and if Brady does not come back as good after his 'retirement', they can win the division. Carolina has some pieces but that defense is still a weakness. And Atlanta look like they are in a rebuild phase and will bring up the bottom of the division.  
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 4:49am
NFC West. This is just as tough as the AFC West division.

1. Los Angeles Rams = 11 - 6
2. San Francisco = 11 - 6
3. Arizona = 9 - 8
4. Seattle = 5 - 12

Team Summaries.

1. Los Angeles Rams - 50/60. Just as dangerous this season although the loss of Von Miller, and the season long loss of Odell Beckham JR will effect their production. They were a good team before those two joined and that should be the case once again. I think they will get to the playoffs but no certainty to win the division. 
2. San Francisco - 45/60. Huge wraps on Trey Lance and if he performs as many expect then they are genuine Superbowl contenders. Deebo Samuel is one of the most potent offensive weapons in the league and he is a danger at RB or wide receiver. Aiyuk, Turner and Johnson are all potential 1000 yard players. The defense is awesome with future Hall Of Famer Fred Warner at the helm and aided by Nick Bosa and others the team has a balanced, potent look to it on paper.
3. Arizona - 42/60. No DHop early in the season is not good as they were not quite as potent when he was missing last season. The team have looked Superbowl contenders over the first two months of the last two seasons but they have faded badly late and they can not do that this season. The loss of Chase Edwards and Christian Kirk hurt their offense. Kyler Murray has skills, but with thgeir schedule he will need a consistent season. Their 8-1 road record was just about perfect and can they do that again? J.J.Watt is the leader of the defensive squad and they need him to return to his 2020 form. If they get Deandre Hopkins playing every match when he returns they can win enough matches to get to the playoff but for me their team is not as well balanced as others, including two teams in their division.
4. Seattle - 36/60. They have some good weapons on the offense but the loss of Russel Wilson and Bobby Wagoner will hurt them. Tyler Locke and D.K.Metcalfe are high end targets but the QB situation is vital to ensure the weapons get the ball. 

Division Summary: For me this division comes down to 2 factors. 1 How much will Trey Lance improve the San Fran offense, He is under huge pressure because he is replacing a QB who is a NFC Conference Championship quality QB and so if Trey misses that match it will be considered a failure. And second point is can Arizona have as successful a season as last year, especially at the beginning of the season. The Rams have lost a few players and so their depth might be tested if they get some injuries. This will be a very captivating division to watch.   

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 11:20am
 I think you're too optimistic about New Orleans...though their defense is impressing in pre-season...

As for my boys...God is the creator of talent. Allen Lazard is a potential Jordy Nelson. He will score big this season. Randall Cobb needs to keep healthy, but is always reliable. Jones and Dillon will run rampage, no doubt. Also, Robert Tonyan is back and God loves 'Bobbie'...

The defense will be so much better, this year, I took them in a lot of my fantasy teams.

Special teams...? A wait and see.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 11:44am
I doubt that preseason form has any predictive value. In fact I doubt that preseason games are worth playing. Maybe only for fringe players.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 11:54am
 they were pretty intense this week. 

Next one, the big guns come out properly...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 11:56am
 a few talents emerged...

forget the guy's name who scored twice from the kick-off...but he was impressive...

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 9:50pm
And I saw the former olympic runner who is now playing for the Eagles. Scored a touchdown where he scorched the secondary of the Browns non starters. If Jalen Hurtz can get his paasing right and get the ball from himself to the targets, the Eagles have a very strong offense.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 10:01pm
Alright we have done the divisions so lets see where we see the playoffs teams stand.

AFC

Top Two

1. Buffalo = 14 - 3
2. Kansas City = 11 - 6

Division Winners

3. Cincinatti = 11 - 6
4. Tennessee = 11 - 6

Wild Cards

5. Los Angeles Chargers = 10 - 7
6. Las Vegas Raiders = 10 - 7
7. Miami Dolphins or Baltimore = 10 - 7

This means that in the wild card week we would see the following matches -

Kansas City hosting Miami/Baltimore
Cincinatti hosting Las Vegas
Tennessee hosting Los Angeles Chargers 

From that week the following matches would be played in the division week games -

Buffalo hosting Los Angeles
Kansas City Hosting Cincinatti

And the AFC Conference match will be 

Buffalo hosting Cincinatti

With Buffalo winning the conference and moving through to the Superbowl Thumbs Up

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 10:10pm
NFC

Top Two

1. Tampa Bay = 11 - 6
2. Philadelphia = 11 - 6

Division Winners

3. Los Angeles Rams = 11 - 6
4. Green Bay = 10 - 7

Wild Cards

5. San Francisco = 11 - 6
6. New Orleans = 10 - 7
7. Arizona or Dallas = 9 - 8

Wild Card Week Matches

Philadelphia host Arizona or Dallas
Los Angeles Rams host New Orleans
Green Bay face their nemesis San Francisco

Divisional Week Matches

Tampa Bay host San Francisco
Philadelphia host Los Angeles Rams

NFC Conference Match

Philadelphia host San Francisco

San Francisco and Trey Lance to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.  
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 10:13pm
Superbowl Showdown.

Buffalo with Josh Allen the 2022 MVP facing 

San Francisco and Kyle Shanahan looking for redemption.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 10:52pm
 I think you're over-estimating Philly...their only claim to fame is a weak division...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>