Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Indigenous Voice to Parliament

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 237>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 12:56pm
If prior to being put to the vote, Thorpe is shown an example of those who might make up the members of the Voice, you  can have 50/1 from me of the Yes vote getting up. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 1:02pm
Do you know how it is going to work Bob? I have no clue, but there will not be politicians on a board or council and there will be no third chamber of parliament from what I gather.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 1:40pm
Nothing but a grand idea atm.

Albo deliberately not being specific, in an attempt to beat the divide and conquer tactics that beat the Republic referendum years ago.

They still need to fill in a lot of blanks before they go to a referendum.

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 1:42pm
Never have I, but surely we must know in advance who will form the board or council, yet I doubt we will as they will be selected AFTER the vote of approval. Just imagine someone like Thorpe got on that board.
That is why I presume the NO vote will walk in. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 1:47pm
Yes Bobby, it was made clear on the weekend there will be a year or more of consultation, maybe a Republic type process to work out the details.

Whatever it is it has to be better than the way Indigenous issues have been dealt with in the past with billions of dollars thrown at them with no plan or corrupt dodgy ATSIC type boards that chewed up billions for no gain for Indigenous people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 8:46pm
Other than PT's fence sitting, it appears there is little support, even from lefties, for a YES vote for The Indigenous Voice in Parliament on TBV.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 10:20pm
Most people wait till an idea has been fleshed out, before they decide whether they will support it.

The raging racists have of course,already made their minds up, despite there being zero details atm.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 10:54pm
There’s only one detail that decided me Rusty . Where going to be asked to change the constitution to include Race and I’m going to vote No. End of story.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 11:55pm
You saying Jacinta Price is a racist?
That doesnt make sense rusty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 12:08am
Yeah, my bad.

Should have said all racists, and the brain dead self promoters…..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 12:45am
Whilst you are around rusty there will always be  great divide.
No chance for a yes vote with that attitude..
Self promoters, 
Jacinta Price has more common sense in her little finger than you show all over.
It will be a woman like her that the indigenous will listen to.

What has Linda Birney achieved?
Apart from getting into parliament?
Would she be on a level that willl resonate with indigenous?
I think not.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 12:49am
The indigenous have to work out who  they would want to represent them.
Someone living in Canberra is a long way from the "sticks"
With 11% representation in parliament out of a 3% representation in the population
there is ample "voice" without a referendum.
Or are they all duds?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 1:59am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:30am
Ahh
And of course only from that left whinger tome
CRIKEY.

Cant be original rusty?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:39am
I don't think I'm in the alt-right but I haven't heard anything from Price that is false. What has she got wrong? The criticisms of her I see from the usual suspects in the Aboriginal industry are usually if not always slurs without substance.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:44am
Do you approve of her making a mockery of the swearing in to the office she ran to win?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:49am
Specifics?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:53am
See above, the thing this discussion on her is about.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:55am
Apologies you are talking about Ms Price.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:57am
Do you mean the ridiculous posturing of Senator Lidia Thorpe?

“There is definitely a level of immaturity about that kind of behaviour. If you want to be a -protester, then this isn’t the place for it. Go ahead and join the resistance, but we are there to be legislators for the benefit of our nation.

“I think it is just disruptive behaviour.

“The majority of us in the Senate today … just saw it as contemptuous behaviour.”

Jacinta Price

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:10am
Ms Price all the way.
I can see the steam coming out of your ears pt.
You need the byron bay zen......Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:12am
Watch this pt.
May restore your zen...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:13am
Keep up please.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:17am
I dont do retrospective.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 7:17pm
I am glad Albo has rethought his position of sorting the details of how the voice will work after the referendum. That was a stupid idea and would have ensured failure.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 12:39am
In view of the death of Judith Durham I thought the words of The Seekers song "We Are Australian' are more appropriate in 2022 when they first recorded in 1987. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 11:37am
I know some on here will not want this "shared".......
but we are all equal, arnt we?
The silence from some invested parties is deafening....
And when did american politics become more important?

The full, explosive texts between Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price and columnist Peter FitzSimons have been revealed after the pair became engaged in a nasty feud following a recent phone interview.

Senator Price, who is an Indigenous woman, claimed she felt “bullied” by FitzSimons during the interview and alleged he accused her of “giving racists a voice”.

In a now-deleted post, the Country Liberal Party Senator took to Facebook on Sunday evening after interview on Thursday was published, claiming FitzSimons was “very bloody aggressive”.

FitzSimons, a Sydney Morning Herald columnist and husband to Lisa Wilkinson, denied her claims, which he described “complete and utter … nonsense”.

The full, explosive texts between Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price and columnist Peter FitzSimons have been revealed after the pair became engaged in a nasty feud following a recent phone interview.

Senator Price, who is an Indigenous woman, claimed she felt “bullied” by FitzSimons during the interview and alleged he accused her of “giving racists a voice”.

In a now-deleted post, the Country Liberal Party Senator took to Facebook on Sunday evening after interview on Thursday was published, claiming FitzSimons was “very bloody aggressive”.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/explosive-texts-emerge-amid-nasty-jacinta-price-peter-fitzsimons-feud/news-story/3dc634926176357d96ffce3a67f6d2e1

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 11:40am
What a bully is Fitzsimons .
the very image of an entitled white male.
And he supports the Voice?
In his image only.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 11:44am
Ms Price doesn't support it, she has said she will probably vote NO and she supports Pauline Hanson's views.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 11:48am
Senator Price, love your workThumbs Up, on what I've seen so far, but real interviews are not like Sky soft-soap love-ins, where they only invite you if they know you aren't going to say anything they disagree with.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 237>