Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Wokeness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wokeness
    Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 1:12pm
Services Australia, the federal agency responsible for forms, yes, unbelievably, there that is a government department for forms, requires new parents to update paperwork to include a new-born on their Medicare card. One of the questions asks the mother to sign off not as the mother, but as the 'birthing parent '. 
Attempting to do away with words such as, mother, him, her, she etc, by a very small fringe of people in society and replaced by ideological language as birthing mother is nothing more than a chapter out of The Handmaid's Tale , the novel by Margaret Attwood.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 1:21pm
Services Australia actually provides Centrlink, Medicare and Child Support services.  "Forms" represent a small part of its remit as a means for residents tp advise or request information to assist them.  

Don't believe too many people who use and benefit from the above services could give two hoots about supposed wokeness.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 1:37pm
Birthing parent as opposed to explaining possible circumstances of having an adoptive or foster parent on a form not able to accommodate that amount of information. Seems to be practical. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 1:38pm
I recently saw a meme which read: ""I'd rather be woke, woke-like, wokeable, woke-aware and all things wokeness, than a fascist..."

Must admit it gave me a laugh.

I don't know anyone in my friend circle who ever uses the word 'woke'.

It's an accusation from the extreme right, to make anyone left of centre seem like a dill...

Woke up to yourself, Bob...

Evil Smile

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 2:09pm
I dont get "woke" and I dont pay attention to those that claim to be woke. 
However, PC drives me nuts.
animals before people.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 2:11pm
Bob will be pleased to hear that Bill Shorten has instructed the department to have Mother reinstated
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 2:16pm
What term or terms do they have for the mother-f***ker?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 2:22pm
 sitting here...laughing...waiting to see if Horlicks removes SC's post....

Beer

I love ambiguity...

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 3:38pm
thanks for the afternoons entertainment. 
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Birthing parent as opposed to explaining possible circumstances of having an adoptive or foster parent on a form not able to accommodate that amount of information. Seems to be practical. 

Wha? But an adoptive/ foster parent isn't the birthing parent. You mean they want adopted kids to find out who birthed them? I'm confused.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:19pm
But what if I, as the father, want to be the birthing parent? Where do I put the mother then?
Time is a flat circle
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:24pm
There wouldn't be a mother, would there, TJ? There'd be the inseminating father and the birthing father. Right?

Unless one of them wanted to be called the mother? ....

WHAT THE F*CK HAS HAPPENED TO THE WORLD?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:32pm
Oh its all gone WOKE Stayer Big smile  Havnt you noticed ???Wink
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:33pm
I wish I could wake up and it's all just been a bad dream.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:33pm
How does Bob get onto the form if he's provided his semen for the purposes of artificial insemination?  Question

Does a surrogate mother get a guernsey in all of this?  Shocked

And if so how or where does the person who produced a fertilized egg get a look in?  Stern Smile

So many questions, so few answers.  Cry

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

There wouldn't be a mother, would there, TJ? There'd be the inseminating father and the birthing father. Right?

Unless one of them wanted to be called the mother? ....

WHAT THE F*CK HAS HAPPENED TO THE WORLD?

LOL
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:34pm
 I want to see that father birth a baby...

Can I be his publicity agent?

Hug

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:36pm
What about those crazy ladies who use a turkey baster and a male friends sperm to fertilise themselves.
Does the mothers name or the turkey basters brand go in that space ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:37pm
Seems this was part of a pilot program introduced by the previous LNP govt.

Bill Shorten has sorted it out and the form will be scrapped.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:37pm
Yes but.  If he is really a female but chooses to live as male he could birth a child .  Couldnt he/she Confused
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

How does Bob get onto the form if he's provided his semen for the purposes of artificial insemination?  Question

Does a surrogate mother get a guernsey in all of this?  Shocked

And if so how or where does the person who produced a fertilized egg get a look in?  Stern Smile

So many questions, so few answers.  Cry

No sh*t Sherlock! That's what it's a ridiculous term! Far out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:49pm
And given Stayer has just replied there's still so many questions but so few answers.  Big smile  Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:53pm
 this is wonderful entertainment on a rainy day...

Clap

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:54pm
I can think of an answer to one question...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 5:00pm
 Why did the chicken cross the road?

Wacko

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Do adoptive parents and foster parents give birth to their kids now? Do trannies?Shocked

What is this form called? What is its purpose? I assume that they have some medical need to know who the biological parent is, genetics and all that, but what need is that?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 5:10pm
It is gone already. Incoming Labor govt torpedoed it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 5:11pm
Well if one's after Centrelink, Medicare or Child Support services the questions do appear warranted.  

However it's a complicated world we live in, a reality Bob has probably "woke" up to now.  Tongue
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 5:14pm
God you guys are hopeless.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

What about those crazy ladies who use a turkey baster and a male friends sperm to fertilise themselves.
Does the mothers name or the turkey basters brand go in that space ??

the turkey baster brand is the child's middle name...such as...

Thomas Tovolo Johnson...

Nicholas Norpro Brown...

Michelle MiiKo Morrison...

Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>