Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Wokeness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 7:51pm
Turkeys eh?  But AA and JJ, please not let us get into turkey slap territory.  Shocked
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 8:24pm
Coalition wokeness gone mad but Bill Shorten has fixed it.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Turkeys eh?  But AA and JJ, please not let us get into turkey slap territory.  Shocked

Just remember...it was you who brought that up...

Embarrassed
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 8:28pm

Just regarding the story in the Daily Tele about a form that was part of a pilot program launched in 3 hospitals under the previous Coalition Government,” he tweeted on Thursday.

“When I was informed of this situation yesterday, I instructed the responsible officials they should cease using the previous government’s forms.

“They will be replaced with new forms that use the word mother, not birthing parent, which is consistent with other Medicare forms.”

Goodonya Bill.

Simon Cameron

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 8:47pm
Those goddamn woke Liberals LOL
Time is a flat circle
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 9:06pm
A huge BB mea culpa.  Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 9:07pm
Or maybe just an own goal.  Cry  Wink
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 10:17pm

SC, where in my initial post to start this thread did I mention any political  party influence ? I imagine there are enough activists in the commonwealth public service for that thought bubble to be put forward to test public reaction.
No mea culpa for me.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 10:50pm
I'd just like to know where you old timers learn to use terms like "thought bubble" and "mea culpa."
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 11:53pm
The very expressions that come to mind,when reading many of your posts.

More proof that irony is not deadLOL
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 12:24am
Good one, rusty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

SC, where in my initial post to start this thread did I mention any political  party influence ? I imagine there are enough activists in the commonwealth public service for that thought bubble to be put forward to test public reaction.
No mea culpa for me. 

But you should've mentioned the fact that it was your mob that sanctioned the "woke" stuff on the forms.   That's a mea culpa.  Tongue

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 12:10pm
SC, I doubt that thought bubble barely went beyond some middle ranking activist public servant who sanctioned the form. Very much doubt it ever saw the eyes at ministerial level.
As it has just come to public attention I think may not have being around for very long and could have been snuck on the form by a public service activist when the outgoing government was in caretaker mode.Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 6:04pm
Out in the general community activists and lobbyists are pushing this ideological language through bureaucrats in stealth to the  benefit of trans-identified males to dismantle the meaning of woman and womanhood and detach it from reality. Apparently Services Australia said the term 'birthing parent'  had received positive feedback. Where did they test it..in the City of Moreland ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 6:06pm
Ask Sally Capp BB, she probably has her finger on the pulse.  Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 6:17pm
SC, yes, it could have been in the City of Melbourne's Council chambers where they received that positive feedback.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 12:58pm
Here you go Bobby, one I believe you missed.

You're welcome.Thumbs Up

Greens leader Adam Bandt accused of hypocrisy for calling himself a 'dad of two' on social media while having a woke fit over the term 'birthing parent' being replaced on a form by 'mother'

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 1:07pm
That's actually quite funny. sperm producing unit

Adam Bandt is such a f*ckwit LOL
Time is a flat circle
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 1:17pm
He is a total A-grader. Can not argue there. But if anyone wants the truth there is a difference between a dad and a father. The latter is the “sperm producing unit” and doesn’t automatically make you the former. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 1:26pm
Honestly when I read 'dad of two' I thought it was gonna be him and 2 dogs LOL
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 1:30pm
Whose delicate feelings are we supposed to be protecting by not calling mothers, mothers?

When humans who are not females can give birth we will need birthing parent as a description - Not before. I can't wait for that day.Thumbs Up The realisation of radical feminist Shulamith Firestone's dream.

"She regarded pregnancy and childbirth as "barbaric" (a friend of hers compared labor to "gelatiting a pumpkin") and the nuclear family as a key source of women's oppression. Contraception, in vitro fertilization and other medical advances meant that sex would one day be separated from pregnancy and child-rearing, and women could be free. However, Firestone hoped to take reproduction one step further and completely separate it from the female body. She urged the emergence of a new type of artificial reproduction, referred to as the “bottled baby,” through which women could be freed of the hindrance of childbirth, just as men are.[16] Although in vitro is the closest option we have to such a phenomenon, we have not yet reached Firestone's end goal.[34]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shulamith_Firestone

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 1:45pm
I know right? If you give birth to a child you are literally it's mother LOL
Time is a flat circle
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 2:37pm
That Bandt dill is weird.  I cant believe people vote for him ? Or do they ?  Confused How does he gain so much prominence ?
Making stupid remarks I suppose. Wacko
animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 2:38pm
Even worse, he is allowed to breed Sick
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 2:47pm
Must be doing something right. Been elected 5 times to his seat that had been safe Labor, is leader of the party and now has 3 mates in the House with him. I reckon he is happy for right wingers to call him weird and write him off.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Must be doing something right. Been elected 5 times to his seat that had been safe Labor, is leader of the party and now has 3 mates in the House with him. I reckon he is happy for right wingers to call him weird and write him off.

Bandt's seat of Melbourne has a few local councils of which you maybe aware. Melbourne, Yarra and Moreland, all Greens dominated , noted more for their abandonment of Australia Day and other extreme leftist views. Within the electorate the greatest proportion of Melbourne's gay community reside together with the activist university set.  Bandt, does not have to anything right, the electorate would vote for Peter Dutton if he stood as a Greens candidate.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 3:29pm
They picked up their 3 new HOR seats in Qld, LNP heartland.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 3:31pm
I am the sensible centreTongue and I have to say, January 26 is a stupid day for Australia day, and moving it to another day is inevitable. 

What is the argument for Jan 26 anyway?Confused

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 3:34pm
I think we have too many public holidays. It can go if they like.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 3:36pm
Really it should be the 1st Jan but that day is taken LOL
Time is a flat circle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>