Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Oneone's Daily Ponder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 4:21pm
AA , from all accounts Shirley De Bassey is alive and living in Monaco , 84th birthday last year , ( I snuck the De in Smile ) cos I'm a fan , saw her at the Sydney stadium in 1960 ( her first visit ) and they gave 1200 free tickets , not anymore after that . Star
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

PS.  I was like you there for a minute, 1x1.  I thought she was dead as well.  But then the penny dropped I was mixing her up with the girl from Tiger Bay.  I think she has died ?

you have to be joking...Dame Shirley is not only alive, she's still kicking ass in the music world. 

Shirley Bassey wows at BAFTA 2022 with 'sensational' performance of 'Diamonds Are Forever' Dame Shirley Bassey kicked off the Baftas last night with a stunning performance of an iconic James Bond song—and let's just say, we're still reeling from the experience.
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:17pm
Hey one one - what grows up while growing down?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 3:21pm
When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily Oh joyfully, playfully watching me
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible Logical, oh responsible, practical
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world's asleep The questions run too deep For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned I know it sounds absurd Please tell me who I am

I said, watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical Liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable Respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable
Oh, take it take it yeah But at night, when all the world's asleep The questions run so deep For such a simple man
Won't you please tell me what we've learned I know it sounds absurd Please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, who I am 'Cause I was feeling so logical.

reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 3:29pm
Well that post certainly needs some pondering

Maybe along the lines of a good bloke just down on his luck

At least we will never be placed in the "cynical" basket Djebel. That's just one step higher than that awful place - the TBV "laundry" basket. 
Refer ALP Election Promises
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily Oh joyfully, playfully watching me
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible Logical, oh responsible, practical
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world's asleep The questions run too deep For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned I know it sounds absurd Please tell me who I am

I said, watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical Liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable Respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable
Oh, take it take it yeah But at night, when all the world's asleep The questions run so deep For such a simple man
Won't you please tell me what we've learned I know it sounds absurd Please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, who I am 'Cause I was feeling so logical.

Used to jam out to that one a lot LOL
Time is a flat circle
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 6:27pm
Can we get this thread changed to Oneone's Monthly Ponder?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:08pm
38 days since the last daily ponder.
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:12pm
 and we ponder what has happened to him...

a shark?

they nearly got the panthers last week...

Ermm
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:38pm
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:18pm
I miss 1x1.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12