Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Liberals/Nats in Opposition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberals/Nats in Opposition
    Posted: 21 May 2022 at 11:49pm
Who's their next leader? Surely Morrison steps down or is voted out by the party? Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 11:52pm
As I just posted in wun wuns election night comments thread, it'll likely be Dutton, unless Frydenberg picks himself up off the carpet and gives him a challenge for the position.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:12am
Might not be that many options left after ICAC locks them all up 
"Go Hard or Go Home”
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

As I just posted in wun wuns election night comments thread, it'll likely be Dutton, unless Frydenberg picks himself up off the carpet and gives him a challenge for the position.

Frydenberg is gone.

Postal votes won't get him up.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 2:31am
I’m thinking of throwing my hat in the ring
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:00am
 You're about their standard...

Thumbs Up

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:00am
if spud does indeed become their leader it will ensure they take no lesson from this rout and remain fossil fuel dinosaurs that will have less relevance as time goes on. If one single word changed this election it was "bulldoze." Building and inclusiveness just isn't their thing
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:40am
With the moderate side of the party gutted it does give Dutton a clear run from the far right as far as numbers go. The party, if it actually wants to reform itself and become a decent option it will pick someone from the center right at least as a seat warmer.

Their biggest problem though is the new balance between Libs and Nats(presumably still under Barnaby) with the far right now having a stronger say in coalition. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:12am
It's got to be Dutton.Thumbs Up

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:20am
I wonder if the Libs will take a look at the rules Morrison had put in place to stop his mate getting rid of him? It worked out horribly for them.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:30am
Dutton is odds on to be the next Liberal Leader, at least he will stand for something, who unlike Morrison, who stood for little and attempted to gain the middle ground, which is where the ALP stand. To ever regain the treasury benches the Liberals they will have to offer an alternative, not more of the same. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:36am
I hope more Tories think that way Bobby, it will keep you in opposition for a long time.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Dutton is odds on to be the next Liberal Leader, at least he will stand for something, who unlike Morrison, who stood for little and attempted to gain the middle ground, which is where the ALP stand. To ever regain the treasury benches the Liberals they will have to offer an alternative, not more of the same. 
It’s going to be so sweet when every time spud jumps up to make a motion, Tony Burke springs to his feet,amd moves that the member for Dickson not be heard.
Good old spuddy boy will pop a valve at the injustice of it allWink
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:40am
So yet a further lurch to the Far Right is Bob's answer to the Liberal's failed fortunes.  Dead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:49am
Where is BB going to have his next night of fine dining?

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Boy...that just summed up why I am ashamed to have once been associated with the Libs, though when I was a Lib, they had some middle ground. 

They should be just to the right of middle...not in the realm of fascism.

There is more to life than a bank-balance. And owning a portfolio of property.

Henry VIII died  centuries ago...

We should all be allowed mushrooms.

Dead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:00pm
Less Trump, more Menzies.Wink

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

So yet a further lurch to the Far Right is Bob's answer to the Liberal's failed fortunes.  Dead

Astounding, isn't it...

They don't understand the mood of the electorate, at all...

Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:03pm
All that happened last night was that the Libs lurched to the right and abandoned the center. A group of notionally Liberal women decided that they would have it thank you very much.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:07pm
Anyone would think based on that comment that the ALP did well. They lost more votes than the LNP I think. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:08pm
Yet Elbow is a hero LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:20pm
Labor/Greens coalition 45%
Tory Coalition 35%

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Anyone would think based on that comment that the ALP did well. They lost more votes than the LNP I think. 

their percentage was far better than the Libs.

You really don't have a clue as to what you are attempting to take the piss...

Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:30pm
We lose the great ones here too early. If he was American, John Howard would be be primed to be President or Speaker or leader of the senate or another 10- 15 years as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:32pm
 Note how oneone is targeting moi, this morning.

Too many women in vision, now...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:38pm
The immensely talented LOL Sophie Mirabella has been given a $387,960 per annum gig for life. I bet Grace would like one of those.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Tongue
Really.  Nationally   LNP = 36%    ;   ALP = 32%
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:45pm
 THEIR LOSS PERCENTAGE...

Geek

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

The immensely talented LOL Sophie Mirabella has been given a $387,960 per annum gig for life. I bet Grace would like one of those.
No doubt . Well on track I'd suggest. 

Elbow is loyal - if nothing else !
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:48pm

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Tongue
Really.  Nationally   LNP = 36%    ;   ALP = 32%

You're the one talking about LOST VOTES...

Not voting percentages...

Keep up.

Wacko 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>