Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Albanese Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 277>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 1:46pm
What date was put on increasing real wages, and when was the $165 cost of living subsidy promised for HS? 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

There already was a wage increase wasn't there?

yes. Both my daughter and son-in-law got their rise.

Sunny doesn't have a clue.

Cry
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine wrote:

This government knows they cant do wage increases but havnt got the guts to say so.
What BS artists.
watching 7.30 report dim Jim interview
full of cliches, no substance. 
And sarah Ferguson is a fail.
She is NOT Leigh Sales.

If Sarah Ferguson was Leigh Sales, she'd be...Sarah-Leigh Ferguson Sales...

anyone for cheesecake?

WinkConfused
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:34pm
Albanese will make mistakes along the way but you just know he will be doing it with good intentions.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:34pm
reductio ad absurdum
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 8:51pm
What is the voice? Who decides on what voice is heard? How do we know that this is what our indigenous people want? I mean it’s what the noisy activists want but there is no evidence at all that the majority of our indigenous want anything like this . Historically indigenous people don’t vote or participate in their own so called representative bodies . Albo from Marickville should admit he’s pandering to the noisy activists and virtue signalling white people at a time when there are many many more important things his government should be concentrating on. Every time I hear Albo squeaking away it makes me depressed that this is the best we’ve got ! Poor Oz.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 8:59pm
The best we've got?

Well he's already leap years ahead of three appalling Coalition Prime Ministers and their succcessive failed governments. Wacko
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 9:18pm
That’s hardly a ringing endorsement or a guarantee for success ! He is no Gough Whitlam or Bob Hawke or Paul Keating and that’s what the country needs. Albo with his squeaky voice and his “ woke” agenda is not . But look around the parliament and there’s not one spark of talent to be seen anywhere which is a crying shame!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:21am
No  he is not Scott Morrison either. He is Anthony Albanese, our Prime Minister despite all the death riding and negativity towards him.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:56am
LOL
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:57am
You are being precious pt.

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 11:11am
it's just astounding how Baguette can be silent and uncritical through the previous governments yet he gets upset over enshrining an indigenous voice. Blind eye to corruption and ineptitude yet gets upset over this. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 11:26am
Albo with his squeaky joins a long list of PMs with unimpressive voices.

McMahonLOL
Whitlam - pompous
Fraser - weird
Hawke - abrasive 
Keating - ok voice but repeating things 3 times for the benefit of morons irritated me.
Howard - bad
Rudd - voice ok but  verbose
Gillard - shocker
Abbott - weird
Turnbull - voice ok but too many you knows ahs you know
Morrison - shut up! Never stopped talking except when he was dodging accountability. 
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

it's just astounding how Baguette can be silent and uncritical through the previous governments yet he gets upset over enshrining an indigenous voice. Blind eye to corruption and ineptitude yet gets upset over this. 
I just want my Labor Party back! The party my parents and grandparents supported . The party that supports the blue collar workers of this country . That one doesn’t exist anymore. Anthony Albanese not being Scott Morrison is about the only good thing about him! He’s the Labor leader who lost Fowler. Whose party no longer represents federally either Fairfield or most of Penrith. How did that happen? The Voice to Parliament nonsense is just typical of the way things are done these days . It will have practical benefit to no one , will divide the country but hey a whole heap of city dwellers will feel good about themselves for a while. It’s nothing but virtue signalling at its worst.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 2:17pm
Old labor would have no hope of winning government. So much has changed in this country. More people have a share portfolio, tradies have started becoming millionaires. 
Labor's old support base has gone.
Anyway I think the last election was a wake up call to clean up the rorts and the environment. Don't take the electorate for granted. 

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

I just want my Labor Party back! The party my parents and grandparents supported . The party that supports the blue collar workers of this country . That one doesn’t exist anymore. Anthony Albanese not being Scott Morrison is about the only good thing about him! He’s the Labor leader who lost Fowler. Whose party no longer represents federally either Fairfield or most of Penrith. How did that happen? The Voice to Parliament nonsense is just typical of the way things are done these days . It will have practical benefit to no one , will divide the country but hey a whole heap of city dwellers will feel good about themselves for a while. It’s nothing but virtue signalling at its worst.

YOu do realise Bob and Paul would have eventually done this ?

A good Prime Minister can do more than one thing at a time.

A good Prime Minister has a even better public service behind him and a good team of ministers helping him along the way.

Has Mr Keating said anything about it ?

As long as it does not annoy China I am sure Mr Keating is fine with it.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 2:23pm
Libs found out in May what happens if you think old Liberal or old Labor can exist as they were. Labor promised to shift on climate, inclusivity and integrity but Libs refused. Next time the moderate movement will come for Labor. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Albo with his squeaky joins a long list of PMs with unimpressive voices.

McMahonLOL
Whitlam - pompous
Fraser - weird
Hawke - abrasive 
Keating - ok voice but repeating things 3 times for the benefit of morons irritated me.
Howard - bad
Rudd - voice ok but  verbose
Gillard - shocker
Abbott - weird
Turnbull - voice ok but too many you knows ahs you know
Morrison - shut up! Never stopped talking except when he was dodging accountability. 

that is a very good assessment of their voices. My mother refused to vote for Gillard , simply because she spoke like a bogan...

Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 4:05pm
Whitlam - pompous and hammy

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 4:08pm
 Hated him...

Thumbs Down
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 2:53pm
The Government’s Climate Change Bill - legislating a 43% emissions reduction target by 2030 - passes the House of Representatives 89 votes to 55.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:06pm
Will pass the Senate. I like how Albo lets Bandt save face and not embarrass himself. A true uniter.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:16pm

Julia Gillard committed a terrible wrong. It’s time for Albanese to right it

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/julia-gillard-committed-a-terrible-wrong-it-s-time-for-albanese-to-right-it-20220802-p5b6pj.html

As Julia Gillard delivered her misogyny speech on October 9, 2012, Edwards led a protest on the lawns of parliament against a Gillard government bill shifting 85,000 single parent families from the single parent benefit onto the inadequate unemployment benefit. This left them between $60 and $100 a week worse off.

Edwards cast around trying to find the Labor figure driving the decision. “Everyone ducked and blamed someone else,” she said, noting several key ministers had since disavowed the move, but not Gillard.

Gillard’s argument is that the best way out of poverty is to get a job.Clap Of course it is, but living below the poverty line can drive families so low it becomes beyond a struggle to re-enter the workforce.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:23pm
Yes that bill was a total shocker.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:29pm
Gillard is an odd fish. She would parrot the same lines as the Tories on welfare and introduce neoliberal  policies straight out of their playbook, she opposed marriage equality because marriage is between a man and a woman.Clap It was like the beliefs of her old father were controlling her.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:39pm
Yes she was a right faction, Rudd was unaligned. Right faction very similar to moderate Liberals.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:55pm
This courtesy of the Hun: nothing like unbiased comment in its Opinion pieces.  Clown  Ermm  Wacko

Opinion

Clear trap in Albanese’s Aboriginal parliament clause. Just says Parliament (of any color) can make laws regarding composition of the Voice.

Andrew Bolt

Labor gets soft treatment under justice system.  B*llsh*t writ large. How can any Party enjoy such under Australia's Legal system?

Morgan Begg

Business figure hunted for one bad joke (actually three clearly racist "jokes" and earlier form.)

Andrew Bolt

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 6:31pm
BREAKING: BILOELA FAMILY RECEIVE PERMANENT VISAS At 2.30pm today the Nadesalingam family, affectionately referred to as the ‘Biloela family’, were visited by the Department of Home Affairs team at their Biloela home and given the news that they have been granted permanent visas.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:01pm
Prior to the election Elbow kept repeating my power bill will drop by $245, I know he has only returned from overseas trips and up to the NT to promote The Indigenous Voice, however to me and millions of other Australians an immediate reduction in my power bill would come in handy. When can I expect to receive this reduction ? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:08pm
 Bob, did the Morrison govt conceal a rise in power prices so it wouldn't be revealed till after the election?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 277>