Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Albanese Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 283>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 11:46am
Haha. I do have a sister!. My Dads name is Rob Mitchell and he lives in Rob Mitchells electorate LOL. They were having a chat the other week when I was up there.
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:25pm
 Matt is a stalwart...should be given a bigger portfolio.  

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:11pm
As I previously posted , if the Liberal/ Nationals did not win the election , better the ALP govern in their own right than having to jump into bed in a coalition with those crazy Greens.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 11:01am
With Queen Elizabeth liable to drop off the perch at any moment, and her transitioning to Charles who supports us becoming a Republic it seems prudent to have it as a minor outer ministry. Held by a person sharing 3 such minor portfolios, Matt Thistlethwaite.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

That's my dad

LOLLOL

I believed you.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:39pm
Its started already.....Uluru Statement of the Heart, Climate Change , the Republic.............I'm sure all the battlers out in the "old" ALP heartland will be absolutely thrilled about all that. Who cares about feeding the kids LOL

Some things never change ! And Elbow still lapping up all the adulation.....even shedding a tear today.

We all know how this is going to end Cry 
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:34pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 11:56am
Good man Rob Mitchell, will make a very good speaker. Has been on the speaker's panel for about 8 years. Should get his chance now if Gilmour stays with Labor .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:31pm

Well Shayne Neumann has been given the flick by Elbow after serving as Parliamentary Secretary to the Attorney-General and Parliamentary Secretary for Health and Ageing and  has served as Shadow Minister for Indigenous Affairs and for Age,  Shadow Minister for Immigration and Border Protection and  Shadow Minister for Veterans' Affairs and Defence Personnel .

Kristy McBrain, hereto  the unknown  the member for Eden - Monaro, on the other hand, who never was not even in the opposition shadow cabinet, has been elevated into the Elbow's ministry at Neumann's expense.

Why did Neumann did do to incur Elbow's wrath ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:23pm
Exactly Bob. We don't want them blame sharing with anyone else when things go pear shaped 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 11:28am
Rob Mitchell would be favorite I would think
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 6:19pm
Makes way for TJ's dad to be Mr. Speaker.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Its started already.....Uluru Statement of the Heart, Climate Change , the Republic.............I'm sure all the battlers out in the "old" ALP heartland will be absolutely thrilled about all that.

Climate Change was an announced as an important part of the (then) Opposition's platform, Uluru has been on the simmer through three successive Coalition governments, and the Republic does not appear in the Labor Party's agenda for its current term in government.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 9:48am
The A Team.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 11:16am
Wilkie would be far better as speaker than any of the party hacks.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 6:18pm
While the AEC has it too close, Labor has claimed the seat of Gilmore giving Labor 77 seats.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Well Shayne Neumann has been given the flick by Elbow after serving as Parliamentary Secretary to the Attorney-General and Parliamentary Secretary for Health and Ageing and  has served as Shadow Minister for Indigenous Affairs and for Age,  Shadow Minister for Immigration and Border Protection and  Shadow Minister for Veterans' Affairs and Defence Personnel .

Kristy McBrain, hereto  the unknown  the member for Eden - Monaro, on the other hand, who never was not even in the opposition shadow cabinet, has been elevated into the Elbow's ministry at Neumann's expense.

Why did Neumann did do to incur Elbow's wrath ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 9:46am
Everything was AlboPM's fault from day 1 Gay. Just as everything in the last 9 years was Rudd's fault.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:57am
How good is Penny? Travels half the world in 5 days putting out Morrison fires all over the joint including the China/Pacific Islands security deal.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 1:44pm
Big smile
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:40pm
Wouldn't it be Matt Keogh that took Neumann's spot?
Time is a flat circle
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 10:59pm
The entire world is suffering the same fate & most a hell of a lot worse.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 11:37am
That's my dad
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 6:46pm
Clap
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:54pm
77 seat majority to Labor it looks like.
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 10:41am
I note they have culled the Cabinet Veteran Affairs Minister at a time that area is in a hell of a mess. Why ? And i realise it is only Outer Ministry - but why a Republic Minister ? Esp since Second Chance assures me the Republican issue is off the table for the next 3 years

Priorities !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 11:41am
You breaking some news here TJ. Rob has a daughter.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:05pm
I see Elbow has appointed Matt Thistlewaite as the Minister for the Republic, that will prove to be an interesting portfolio into the future.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:04pm
Excellent. That was the second best outcome.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 10:58am
Movement in and out of cabinet are usual. A lot of fluid dynamics to be balanced. 

The LNP didn't take the portfolio seriously using it as a Ministry to fulfil their Coalition quotas. Nats have been the last 3 Ministers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 283>