Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Albanese Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 277>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:14pm
Bob you've clearly and one presumes deliberately misrepresented Albanese.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has stood by a promise to cut the power bills of Australians through investment in renewable energy as soaring energy prices add cost-of-living pressure to household budgets.

It comes as an  put the gas industry on notice over rising energy prices and supply shortages, finding the outlook for the east coast gas market has "significantly worsened".

There's clearly a time lag between the initial investment in renewable energy sources and the ultimate downstream savings. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:17pm
The opposition have been asking that same question every day in question time.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:18pm
Back in March Dan Andrews announced that Victorian industry will get a major boost from affordable and reliable offshore wind energy after Premier Daniel Andrews outlined ambitious targets at that time. The Premier said the state will build 2GW of offshore wind by 2028, 4GW by 2035, and 9GW by 2040.

“Offshore wind means onshore jobs. Every job created in offshore wind creates another eight onshore jobs. It’s not just the construction phase of offshore wind farms – which is thousands of jobs on its own – but also the onshore manufacturing of blades, turbines and towers.

“Turbine manufacture is labour intensive, requiring 150 people to make the main components for a 100 MW wind farm. Large turbine manufacturers prefer to make components locally once a market reaches sufficient size. This announcement is an opportunity to establish a strong and competitive offshore wind component-manufacturing sector in Victoria – especially in industrial centres such as the Latrobe Valley and Geelong. Manufacturing will boost the economy in many other sectors.

“Offshore wind will also help revitalise Victoria’s manufacturing sector by providing the energy needed to turbocharge regional manufacturing, producing green steel and aluminium, hydrogen and ammonia, and batteries and critical minerals. Our research shows that Australia could generate $333 billion in green exports by 2050. 

Well today Chris Bowen, the Minister for Climate change and Energy, has taken up Dan's cudgel and has come lavishly promoting the concept. Where has Bowen been since March ?

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:21pm
Please don't obfuscate Bob.  You've clearly been caught out telling porkies regarding Albanese's statements on ultimately reducing power bills through investment on renewables.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:25pm
Not at all, "ultimately reducing power bills through investment on renewables " is a rather vague statement. When will that be November 2022, July 2023 , August 2024 , when ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 8:04pm
Didn't you read or understand the "time-lag" reality?

How can anyone let alone Albo nominate a specific date for delivery of price relief following (this Government's) increased investment in renewable technology?

Steve Waugh was just great off the back foot. But not so BB.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Not at all, "ultimately reducing power bills through investment on renewables " is a rather vague statement. When will that be November 2022, July 2023 , August 2024 , when ?

I've got a suggestion, Bob.

Turn off your internet. That will save some power. 

Also, move to a warmer state...then you won't have to put up with Dreadful Dan.,,and can save on heating.

I haven't noticed anything dramatic with my power bill.

Geek

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 9:08pm
JJ , if I move too far north, I will  need an air conditioner in summer to keep cool , although as you point out, I will not have to put up with Andrews.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:27pm
 I get by without an aircon...though oneone keeps trying to sell me one.

Ermm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:43pm
What is this anti protest Bill I am hearing about ?
reductio ad absurdum
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:12pm

New laws to crack down on protests at Victorian logging sites have been pushed through state parliament despite an 11th-hour push from unions.

The Sustainable Forests Timber Amendment (Timber Harvesting Safety Zones) Bill 2022 passed Victoria's upper house on Thursday evening, with the final vote count 30 to five after Labor and the coalition joined forces.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:14pm

Under the incoming law, the maximum jail sentence and fines for hindering, obstructing or interfering with timber harvesting operations would be upped to 12 months and more than $21,000.

Other existing rules will be strengthened inside timber harvesting safety zones, small and restricted areas where trees are logged.

The Victorian branches of the Maritime Union of Australia, the United Workers Union and Australian Services Union wrote to the state government on Tuesday in a late bid to withdraw the "undemocratic" bill.

"The bill wrongly locates workplace risk in the democratic right to protest," reads the letter to Premier Daniel Andrews, Agriculture Minister Gayle Tierney and Workplace Safety Minister Ingrid Stitt.

"Any stripping away of the right to protest eventually finds its way to further limiting workplace action. Already Australia has some of the most restrictive laws around industrial action in the world.

"In the context of a climate crisis, the right to protest must be advanced not diminished."

Mr Andrews was aware of the letter but insisted the new laws strike the "right balance" between the right to protest and worker safety.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:15pm
 nothing to do with Albo...though Sunny will find a way to link him to it....

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 9:29am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I get by without an aircon...though oneone keeps trying to sell me one.

Ermm

Could be mistaken but that is probably Whale's air conditioner. A long time running joke.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 10:24am
 Yes, but Whale's air-con is now rusted with age...from all that salt exposure...

Confused
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 4:04pm
Albo going on leave already? Only been in the job a minute.
Time is a flat circle
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Albo going on leave already? Only been in the job a minute.

Prime Minister Albanese isn't on leave.
He is frantically, privately, trying to create peace deals with China.
China is declaring war on the entire west within the next 40 days.

Prime Minister Albanese needs our well wishes and prayers.
He is desperately trying to stop China.
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 12:44pm
Will this be before, after or coordinated with Putin invading the fishing village?
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 1:25pm
Vlad just sacked 3 generals for below par performances in Ukraine. He might hold off invading the fishing village till he fixes up his staff issues .

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 1:50pm
Being sacked is better than getting killed. The attrition rate for generals and colonels in Ukraine is horrendous.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 2:14pm
Don't generals stay well behind the front line? Russians must do things different.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 2:18pm
 The Russian army is dysfunctional under the weight of it's corruption and moral is rock bottom. Officers have been pushed much more forward than usual to organise because of this. Consequently they are losing huge numbers. Estimated at the end of last month 14 Generals were killed or captured and around 250 senior officers of nearly 1000 officers killed altogether.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 2:26pm
*morale
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 2:37pm
morals probably rock bottom too PT LOL
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 2:45pm
They are no morals, that is for sure.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 6:14pm
I have the inside intel.

Albanese is frantically trying to prevent China from harming Taiwan.
He is working 24/7 on this.
He isn't on leave.

China is prepping for total invasion of Taiwan within the next 40 days, which of course will trigger World War 3.

Australia is key to stopping this.
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 6:29pm
Viktor Orban apparently unavailable.  Cry  So Elbow to the rescue.  Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

I have the inside intel.

He isn't on leave.

China is prepping for total invasion of Taiwan within the next 40 days, which of course will trigger World War 3.

Should I dump all my share portfolio and sell everything other asset and put into cash ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 6:54pm
Very droll Bob.  Thumbs Up  However given my wine preferences you'll almost certainly need to divest some assets if we go halves at our upcoming Spring luncheon.

ps which might need to be early September given yours truly might be pretty busy later on in the month celebrating and recovering from Collingwood finals victory celebrations.  Big smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

I have the inside intel.

He isn't on leave.

it's quite amazing how many 'knowledgeable' people you know.

Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 277>