Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Albanese Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 277>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 2:17pm
With Frydenberg locking in deficits for at least 15 years, no.

Maybe Chalmers should just declare we are back in the black baby next year, or do as Hockey did and declare surpluses in our first year and every year after. People wont have to worry about it then.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:08pm
I just realised Keneally lost her seat LOL
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Maybe Chalmers should just declare we are back in the black baby next year, or do as Hockey did and declare surpluses in our first year and every year after. People wont have to worry about it then.
Yeah but that was known when they made all their promises - so one can only assume that shouldn't  be a problem
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

I think it was a give-away that Penny and Albo both mentioned the Uluru thing right off the top last night. Could be the one thing they can realistically aim for now that the BS period is over.
Not even sure about that. Do we really think that is going to help rank & file indigenous folk ? What difference is it actually going to make ? 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Yeah but that was known when they made all their promises - so one can only assume that shouldn't  be a problem

Labor hasn't promised surpluses. In fact the LNP attacks the last 3 days were over Labor promising an additional $7.8bn above the LNP over next 4 years.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I voted for Clive LOL

You deserve to be unhappy.
Thanks Djebel

I'm hoping you at least get some decent bathroom facilities out of the result Thumbs Up 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:48pm

Labor hasn't promised surpluses. In fact the LNP attacks the last 3 days were over Labor promising an additional $7.8bn above the LNP over next 4 years.
They promised lower family taxation for working Australian families. And wage increases to at least match inflation. And cheaper power bills. And to fix the NBN. And to provide better Aged Care - patients & workers. And make housing more affordable. And provide 30,000 more social housing per year. And improve Job Security. And give more money to the ABC. Improve the NDIS, And more funding to Close the Gap, And Help Older Australians, And reduce emissions. And increase funding to TAFE, Universities & Public Schooling, And increase the pay of educators, And give additional support to Small Business, And improve our National Security, And cheaper childcare, And support the rebuilding of local manufacturing, And better support Regional Australia, And have about 50 enquiries, And relocate low lying areas of the country, And improve support to Veterans, And.................................

That shouldn't overly tax the economy too much LOL 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:53pm
Oh - & I forgot about the plan to fix the Covid problem
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:57pm
All costed.

But they wont be paying for things like $5.5bn for subs we wont get or $40bn accidentally given to mates for covid relief or half a billion to Barrier Reef rehabilitation companies who have never seen a barrier reef or half a billion to PO boxes on Kangaroo Island or accidently send money to Caymen Islands accounts of old Oxford mates...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:58pm
Love it LOL
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:59pm
Or $100M to Angus and his mates for non existent water rights etc etc
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:59pm
Granted - Keating's piggery had nothing on that summary.  
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:02pm
PT & Rusty - how about we commit to ticking items off that list as Elbow knocks them over.one by one Handshake
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:08pm
He wouldn't have to knock them off the list if our last Prime Minister had done his job oneone.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:14pm
Fair call Furious

Time to move on . He can chew the fat with Penny whilst holidaying in Japan

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:14pm

Granted - Keating's piggery had nothing on that summary.  
What about his antique clocks?
I’ll never understand how he didn’t lose a lot of skin over that…
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:17pm
Speaking of Penny - she seemed to have very red cheeks when she spoke last night. Almost glowing. Maybe already had a few celebratory reds 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:18pm
Hey oneone, I bet Narendra Modi is glad it is Albo and Penny coming this week and not that idiot that wants to tell him how to cook curry.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:21pm
Anyhow rest assured you will get an honest commentary from the like of Baghdad & myself on this thread. 

Cant ask for much more than that Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:24pm
Not my thread.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:39pm
Its a touch ironic that the ALP's Shadow Minister for the Environment didn't win her seat.  Hardly a massive endorsement for Elbows Environmental  blue print.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:43pm

I voted for Clive LOL

What possessed you to vote for him?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:44pm
Default option
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:44pm
Good point!

It’s a little like the “best managers of the economy”, losing their treasurer with a massive swingLOL
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:48pm
Oh well when its all said and done, Australia wanted change. Congrats to Albo. What a great country we live in...that a boy who lived with his mother in state housing and now fast forward to now and he is Prime Minister. Great story it is. Hopefully there can be positive change for Australia over the next 3 years. Well done Labor. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:48pm
Well yes - but not quite. She was one of only a few on that side to lose a seat. Josh was one of many.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:53pm
C'mon you lot - I think i deserve a bit of credit. I'm like one of those bar room brawlers with a few too many pints in me - taking on all-comers. Just a matter of time before someone blindsides me & knocks me arse over LOL

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:57pm
You seem to have too much time on your hands One one, hopefully that changes under the great leader. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 5:03pm

C'mon you lot - I think i deserve a bit of credit. I'm like one of those bar room brawlers with a few too many pints in me - taking on all-comers. Just a matter of time before someone blindsides me & knocks me arse over LOL

Got to say I agree!
Some of the points you raise, definitely indicate you’ve had a few too manyWink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

You seem to have too much time on your hands One one, hopefully that changes under the great leader. 
Well I am semi=retired. So if I haven't  know I never will !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 277>