Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL - 2nd-Tier !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 6:19pm
Is Phil Gould one of the worst people you could have at your club?
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 6:21pm
 Phil is a genius. If you don't believe me, just ask him.

Thumbs Up
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Is Phil Gould one of the worst people you could have at your club?

'Gus' Gould was one of the youngest RL captains, ever, with Penrith. Played with the Bulldogs and Newtown, before a lone season with Souths A brilliant footballer. A mastermind and a great play analyser. But he can get on the nerves, commentating.   

I'd have him over at Souths, happily. He barely stayed and played with the Rabbits before retiring. We couldn't be coached any worse than by the old guy. 

Clap
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 6:33pm
Have detested the bloke for over three decades, even given his knowledge of the game.  

An egoistic, self-interested, demeaning, disagreeable pissp0t. And they're his good points.  
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 6:35pm
 Must be why I don't mind him...bar the pisspOt part...

we have so much in common...

Big smileLOL
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 6:38pm
I might be a bit off here but

He was Coaching Director at the Roosters and they won 1(?) premiership I think.

Joined Penrith as GM in 2011(?).

Rooster won premierships in 2013, 2018, 2019

Left Penrith in 2019.

Penrith won Premiership in 2021. Best team in comp this year.

Joined Bulldogs in 2021. Worst team that year, worst team this year.

Maybe it is good to have him at your team cause once he leaves you win premierships LOL
Time is a flat circle
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 6:40pm
Coached Dogs and Penrith to Premierships, coached NSW to 6 SOO series wins.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:29pm
Trail of destruction. May have been ok early days - but that’s about it. Destroyed careers at the Panthers. Moylan incident was a shocker. Took the club years to get over it. Handling of Cleary first time round - then Griffin very poor. Never looked back since he got booted & stopped meddling
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:36pm
& now he is saying he wasn’t going to sack him. No - just pressure him to fall on his sword. I mean why would you be letting the media speculate about a planned meeting 1 day before you had it. Seriously !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 5:21pm
Souths struggling today. Wheels have obviously fallen off. Is Latrells brother playing ?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 5:35pm
 our wheels fell off at the start of the year and Brisbane retrieved them...

I hope they are enjoying the ride...

We are back to pushing the barrow...

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 2:31pm
Sorry PT - I think its time to introduce your mob to this thread
'
I will reverse the decision - if & when things improve Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 2:51pm
No Jared, Victor, Sam Verriles, Teddy, Toupou, or Lindsay Collins, Canberra should have belted them yesterday.  As it was had Sitili been able to fall over straight they might have won. 

Sportsbet hasn't moved them a cent.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 3:01pm
You'll have a ball in here with JJ for the rest of the season

Enjoy  Thumbs Up 

P.s - sad to see Latrell get struck down with the pestilence !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 3:05pm
What does it take to be consigned to this thread? Not being Penrith?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 3:07pm
Where and when did he catch it, and was he in the Blues camp on the weekend?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 3:22pm
 he certainly visited the Blues camp. 

I was considering heading down to Coogee oval to watch them train...now I'm giving it a miss. Bad enough being at Star with that boxing crowd.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:34pm
On Gould I would like to know why everyone thinks he is a genius?

He won 2 premierships with teams that Warren Ryan had brought together and Ron Willey had put together as well (he was the one who brought the Bulldogs players in like Peter Kelly, Paul Dunn and Chris Mortimer, and he blooded Fittler, Cartwright and Geyer among others.

He then went to the Roosters and di not get within cooee of a premiership as the coach, and then needed Graham Murray to bring Adrian Morley and Brett Mullins in from England when he came back to finish the team needed for the premiership win and the two losses

He was out of club land concentrating on the media, and then comes back to Penrith. He oversees a good recruitment drive again, with guys like Capewell, Koroisau and Kikau all coming to the foot of the mountains and the emergence of a highly talented group of youngsters who will be the main foundation for a successful club for at least the next five years. He then left due to lets say differing opinions with the coach.

He has a great record with NSW at rep level, but seriously I could have won with the teams he had, which included players like Daley, Stuart, Clyde, Lazarus, Harragon, Johns, Toovey, and many many others.

Clubs seem to build towards premierships with him involved, but they take the next step when he leaves. The Bulldogs have some good younger players coming through and so if he can recruit a core of older players which has already happened with players like Burton, Addo-Carr, Kikau and Mahoney, adding to Josh Jackson, Max King and add them to the youngsters he might be able to get the team moving up the ladder from next season. 

They really need a prop (I thought Luke Thompson was heading the right way late last season but he has gone backwards and the mail is he wants to head back home to England), they need a class fullback or centre  and they need a halfback who can steer the team around which will allow Burton to become a Daley, or Munster type, however there are not many of them type of halfbacks around as they were signed last season so guys like Reynolds, Hughes, Townsend and Fogarty who allow their five eights to run and be a instinctive players.        
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:25am
Think a few questions need to be asked of Roosters management. They were going better last year when they had 74 players injured. The idea was that this year they would have a quality roster with depth. Massive broom needed i think - so they can go off & buy another Premiership.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:28am
I thought last night was one of their best performances of the year.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:46am
How good will Joseph Suaalii be when he grows up?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:34pm
 I have a voodoo doll of Suaalii and am planning to stick pins in it before we play the poachers...

Evil Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:14am
Might need a 3rd Tier thread after last night oneone.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:49pm
it was a shocker. I was tempted to sswitch over to the Carlton/ Richmond AFL game. Now that iss saying something...

my 's' iss doubling uup, aas well, today. 

Censored

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:52pm
The Rabbits seem to lack ticker. Will struggle to make the 8
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:59pm
 we'll probably get there, because 'Trell is coming back...

...sometime this year...LOL

We all know he will make a difference...

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 11:37am
Think you were a touch unlucky PT - Eels decided to turn up. They are a mongrel of a team - & must be a gift from heaven for the Corporate Price Assessors. As a punter I stay right away from their games Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 11:45am
Their middle defense let them down last night. Eels always turn the back back inside through the middle. Chooks over reacted and left yawning gaps. 29-14 ineffective tackles was telling.

Losing lock Nat Butcher after 15 min was no help. Victor will be back soon, will plug a lot of holes. Jared might be gone.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 4:37pm
 making the comp look interesting...if you get rid of those pesky panthers...

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 2:50pm
Chubby back for Souths this week.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>