Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2022 Kentucky Derby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022 Kentucky Derby
    Posted: 04 May 2022 at 1:25pm
With Australia having 2 connections to the Derby this renewal, i will be ,making sure that i watch it, love all the crepe that goes with it, had a quick look through the field and the runners 10/1 and under, apart from the obvious form of them, i am going to have a little each way crown pride, (anamoes rellie) andc classic causeway trained by aussie bryan lynch. all the way from wagga, whats the bet some of the yanks will be wagger wagger lol     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4rUIrSJmfY

Edited by Take2 - 04 May 2022 at 1:36pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 3:33pm
Its an interesting day thats for sure.  The year we went there were 156 thousand people there and it poured rain. 
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 3:37pm

The Kentucky Derby Is Decadent and Depraved,’ by Hunter S. Thompson

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 3:40pm
But the juleps are good. LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 3:42pm
Huge Pontiac Ballbuster blowing through traffic on the expressway. The journalist is driving, ignoring his passenger who is now nearly naked after taking off most of his clothing, which he holds out the window, trying to wind-wash the Mace out of it. His eyes are bright red and his face and chest are soaked with the beer he’s been using to rinse the awful chemical off his flesh. The front of his woolen trousers is soaked with vomit; his body is racked with fits of coughing and wild choking sobs. The journalist rams the big car through traffic and into a spot in front of the terminal, then he reaches over to open the door on the passenger’s side and shoves the Englishman out, snarling: “Bug off, you worthless faggot! You twisted pigkisser! [Crazed laughter.] If I weren’t sick I’d kick your ass all the way to Bowling Green — you scumsucking foreign geek. Mace is too good for you …. We can do without your kind in Kentucky.”

Simon Cameron

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 5:22pm
Ermm
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 6:19pm
I think is an extract from the link a bit further up
Time is a flat circle
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 6:30pm
In 1970, Thompson wrote an article entitled "The Kentucky Derby Is Decadent and Depraved" for the short-lived new journalism magazine Scanlan's Monthly.  Thompson's article virtually ignored the race, focusing instead on the drunken revelry surrounding the annual event in his hometown.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 7:16pm
Take 2,

What is the relation of Crown Pride with Anamoe? I just can't see it.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 8:06pm
Embarrassed glad you spotted that Kav, i got ballsed up with island falcon, understandable considering the similarity with the names crown pride and island falcon (yeaaaaaaah right), at least it wasn't second chance who spotted it lol
i read something about crown pride,and damian lane provided the aussie connection there, ( i think that island falcon and crown pride raced at the same meet in dubai), and then the old brain fade i think, anyway i am sticking with crown pride (minus anamoe obviously lol) and lynch's horse, they dropped damian and christoph lemaire is riding it, julien leparoux is riding classic causeway they say in the blurb he (leparousx has had 187 starts this season for 187 wins? 
confused? yes i am lol

Julien Leparoux

Kentucky Derby horse: Classic Causeway

The scoop: Leparoux enters the Derby with 13 appearances including a seventh-place finish last year with Helium as well as finishing sixth in 2020 aboard Storm the Court. His best finish in the Derby was in 2017 when he came in fourth aboard Classic Empire. He also rode Master Fencer to a sixth-place finish in the 2019 Derby, as well. The Frenchman has made 187 starts in 2022 with 187 wins. 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/kentucky-derby/2022/05/03/meet-jockeys-2022-kentucky-derby-churchill-downs/6551686001/

Edited by Take2 - 04 May 2022 at 8:14pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 8:39pm
Thanks take2. 
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 1:50am
reductio ad absurdum
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 11:01am
unreal Djebel, i know a few breeders who try and avoid anything US bred because of the drug issues there

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 1:49pm
The Los Angeles Times previously had reported last October that Baffert had 75 horses die since 2000, either by racing, training, illness or in non-exercise accidents.

Thats an aweful lot of horses in less than 2 years .  How would we all be talking if Waller came up with numbers like that ???
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:36am

Edited by djebel - 06 May 2022 at 12:37am
reductio ad absurdum
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 2:38am
I am boxing Epicenter, Zandon, and Messier and a single to win playing Epicenter. Big smile  Track will be firm.  No rain today. Little chilly.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 11:12am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 11:32am

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 11:39am
Gee, Shammy was stiff but I love to see an outsider win, especially when they make the field at the last minute! What a ride too Thumbs Up Thanks PT Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 1:05pm
famous guy there bet the house on Epicenter to win and is claiming Rich Strike cheated and race was “rigged.” Says Mike Pence or SCOTUS can intervene and overturn result if they have “courage to be real Americans.”

Comment I saw on WaPo.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 1:29pm
What a ride and what a run.  Great back story too. Bought in a claimer for $30 thousand.  Jockey I bet none of us have ever heard of.
Heard them say they lost 23 horses and all their gear and trophies in a barn fire. Tragic.
Still cant get over the run and see him after ?  Spent most of the time on the way back trying to bite the lead pony.  Dunno why they didnt just let him go back on his own. He obviously wanted to celebrate in his own way.  LOL
I bet there was more than 156 thousand there  !!!  See that crowd !!!!LOLCry Imagine being in it.  Or getting away after .  No one can drive to the track.  Only the Govenor etc.  You have to park miles away and bus or walk in. 
What a great story .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 1:31pm
Now how did the horse cheat  ?  He came from virtually last, and they all had their chance.  Sour grapes.
animals before people.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 1:38pm
Go out of your way to watch the overhead. What a ride Clap
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 1:42pm
I just came back here to say the same thing, TJ.  Just watch the overhead vision .   OMG.  What a ride. What a run.Clap
Where was the cheating there ? Epicenter got run down fair and square.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 1:43pm
I think it was satire AA Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 3:45pm
Oh.  Embarrassed  Bit slow,  me LOL   Thanks for setting me straight .Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 3:48pm
A play on the 2020 election.
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 5:53pm
Close breeding in Rich Strike's pedigree.

3x2 cross of Smart Strike
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 7:47pm
Also three lines of Gold Digger (dam of Mr Prospector and Search for Gold)
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 7:53pm
Beat me to it Furious.  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>