Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2022 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 26>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 4:52pm
Horlicks I respectfully suggest this lengthy "Days of our Lives" irrelevance re Heche be moved to the Laundry Basket.  Though Heaven Help you delete the pointless exchange.  Shocked  Wink  

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:14pm
I would agree SC if it was possible to move posts there without the whole thread.

I would ask members generally to remember this is the thread to record deaths and while a comment of the person's life and even the reason for the death is fine I believe that if you want to carry on disagreeing with another member this is not the thread to do that.

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Understand she used to cut BB's hair in her famous Toorak hairdressing salon back in the day.  "Short back and sides, trim the nostril and eyebrow hair, square cut at the back, Brylcreem finish; shave the 5 o'clock shadow, Clubman aftershave."  That'll be $80 please Bob.

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Melbourne icon Lillian Frank dies, aged 92 

SC, nice try however Lillian did not have a unisex hairdressing salon, she was purely a ladies salon. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:18pm
Fair enough. So we start a new thread Horlicks ? 
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Understand she used to cut BB's hair in her famous Toorak hairdressing salon back in the day.  "Short back and sides, trim the nostril and eyebrow hair, square cut at the back, Brylcreem finish; shave the 5 o'clock shadow, Clubman aftershave."  That'll be $80 please Bob.

Melbourne icon Lillian Frank dies, aged 92 

SC, nice try however Lillian did not have a unisex hairdressing salon, she was purely a ladies salon. 
Good timing Bob LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

This article suggests the break-up wasn't without fault from either party. No mention of parental abuse. However JJ knows someone who knew her - no "ifs" or "buts" - definitely her parents fault.

so, you believe a trashy magazine, rather than the actual participants...

give it a break...

Censored
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 6:23pm
I would have no problem with that 1-1.
The reason I was not happy with the last one from you was simply there was already more than one thread where you could criticise the government and could have posted your thoughts there.

Edited by horlicks - 13 Aug 2022 at 6:24pm
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 11:23am
I just think anyone with personal problems can do as they please re drink and coke.  However, if you need to travel, call a taxi.  Dont get behind the wheel high and blotto and risk other people,s lives.
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 4:18pm
Prominent Australian/NZ actor Marshall Napier 70.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 6:22pm
Sad news, saw that he recently was diagnosed with brain cancer 
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 5:33pm

Sir David Smith, the man who gave the speech that dissolved the Whitlam government dies aged 89.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 6:54pm
I see Wolfgang Peterson has died at 91.

Director of movies like Air Force One, The Neverending Story, In The Line of Fire, Outbreak, The Perfect Storm.

Came to the attention of Hollywood with the well crafted German film Das Boot in 1981.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 7:26am
Margaret Urlich aged 57 after a 2 year fight with cancer.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 9:11am
 I told them to lock Farnsie up...

let's hope he doesn't join Judith Durham and ONJ, in here...

Unhappy 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 9:12am
Surgery expected to be successful.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 3:14pm
Tom Springfield, who wrote many of the Seekers hits including Georgy Girl. World of our Own, The Carnival is Over among others. passed away at the age of 82 on 27th July.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 3:39pm
Brother of Dusty Springfield I think?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 5:23pm
 'Silver Threads and Golden Needles' was one of the first hits he and his sister had, as The Springfields.

A good song. I still have the 45rpm. 

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 5:33pm
Certainly lived a lot longer than did Dusty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 12:53pm
Some surprises in this.

Still Alive and Kickin'

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 1:17pm
 I new Rita Moreno...of the 'come and look at my pants' saga on the King and I set, was still alive. She was at the Oscars this year.

And Dame Angela Lansbury has just been doing a new show.  

Mel Brooks and Dick van Dyke are having a contest to see who can outlive the other...

I have contact with Kelly Essoe, Vera Miles' daughter. She put up a photo of her son with Vera, a little while back. 

Tony Bennett and Steve Lawrence both have Alzheimer's...

I thought Kissinger had died??? wow. 99.

There are millions of us keeping watch on Marsha Hunt. She has surpassed Olivia de Havilland's 103. 

John Astin is possibly preserved. lol.

Glynis Johns is another watch for us Deborah Kerr lovers. Christopher Plummer once made the outrageous claim that Glynis and Deb had more lovers than all the other women in Hollywood. A total figment of his imagination. I know exactly how many lovers Deb had...and it wasn't more than ten. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 1:30pm
 I don't think Lois Smith will ever die...god, she's been around in every movie and tv show since she was a kid...

Marion Ross is younger than I thought. She was with Deb in The Proud and Profane, and packed death about having to drive the 'star' of the movie around in a jeep without crashing. A funny lady.

Ann Blythe is still supporting all her kids and can't afford to die. She has perfect teeth as she was married to a dentist. 

Barbara Rush is very frail. Her son by Jeffrey Hunter, puts up regular pictures and posts about the lovely Barbara, so we know she's only just holding on. 

See how much trivia my head is filled with. 

Embarrassed
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 1:45pm
 I might add that I am on some very strong painkillers, at present, and am pretty high from them...so do not be surprised what comes out of my braain...

Thumbs Up
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 9:09am
Doesn't sound to good for Lizzie, she might be making an appearance in here soon.

Charles makes ‘highly unusual’ daily visits to Queen as health fears grow

Concerns for the Queen’s health have continued to grow as reports show Prince Charles making “highly unusual” visits to Balmoral.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 9:52am

Australia's last mounted postie Bruce Dennis farewelled by historic town of Gundagai

A community in Southern NSW is mourning the loss of Bruce Dennis, who created history as Australia's last postman to deliver mail the old-fashioned way — on horseback.

Key points:

• Bruce Dennis delivered mail on horseback for 35 years
  • He even delivered the post during a flood in 1974
  • He refused to use a motorcycle to do his job

Mr Dennis started his mail delivery career in Gundagai in 1950 with his first horse Lolly and continued to do so until his retirement in 1985 with his final horse Frosty. 

He was considered to be the country's last mounted postie, with a plaque mounted in Gundagai's main street celebrating his name.  

"Bruce delivered the mail six days a week and travelled the 18 mile delivery route, come hail, rain or shine," it reads.

"Even when Gundagai was knee deep in flood in 1974, Bruce made sure that the residents got their deliveries."

Mr Dennis was 94 when he died earlier this month.

His funeral will be held in Gundagai today.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 12:00pm

Doesn't sound to good for Lizzie, she might be making an appearance in here soon.

Charles makes ‘highly unusual’ daily visits to Queen as health fears grow

Concerns for the Queen’s health have continued to grow as reports show Prince Charles making “highly unusual” visits to Balmoral.

they also released a statement that it is a mobility problem, not a dangerous health issue. 

She'll last out the year, I reckon.. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:01am
Mikhail Gorbachev aged 91.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 2:56pm
Legend Earnie Shavers, 78. One of the hardest punchers EVER.
Time is a flat circle
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 1:39pm
Terry McDermott from Bondi Resue. Cancer.
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 2:08pm
Broken Heart condolences to his wife and son. 

so many of the Bondi Rescue lifesavers are mates of my family.

I didn't know Terry, personally, but loved watching him on the show. 

'Whippet' and 'Bisho' I have known since they were grommets. Lovely blokes.

Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 26>