Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2022 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 26>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 4:08pm
Gary Waldhorn, of The Vicar of Dibley fame. Age 78. (David Horton)

Only information available is that he passed peacefully away.

The only two original stars of the series still alive are Dawn French and James Fleet.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 10:06am
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 10:16am
 I sing that song to my furry grandchild, Miss Tilly, a naughty torty, to annoy her. 

She especially hates the "oh oh oh oh" bit.

Cry
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 10:25am
That's so weird, was just talking about her, Phil Spector etc yesterday when Be My Baby came on the radio. Sad life story.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:43pm

Hana Horka, who was the vocalist for the band Asonance, died on Sunday at the age of 57, according to her son Jan Rek.

The anti-vax Czech folk singer died after she deliberately contracted Covid to obtain a health pass that would have allowed her to visit the sauna and theatre, her family said.

Proof of vaccination or a recent infection is required to access cultural and sports facilities as well as for travel, and for visiting bars and restaurants in the EU member state, which is facing a soaring Covid count.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:08pm
 that says it all...

why chance death by deliberately getting it...unvaxed...?

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 7:45am
Two actors on different ends of the spectrum died yesterday, Marvel actor Gaspard Ulliel died aged 37 in a skiing accident while triple Golden Globe nominated actress Yvette Mimieax who starred opposite Rod Taylor in the 60's movie the Time Machine died in her sleep aged 80.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Two actors on different ends of the spectrum died yesterday, Marvel actor Gaspard Ulliel died aged 37 in a skiing accident while triple Golden Globe nominated actress Yvette Mimieax who starred opposite Rod Taylor in the 60's movie the Time Machine died in her sleep aged 80.

Sparticus will be adding these two deaths to the list of those killed by the covid vaccine. CryCryLOLLOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:41am
 I remember Mimieux (correct spelling) from Death Takes a Holiday, with Monte Markham and Melvyn Douglas.  Death wasn't on holiday, obviously, for Yvette. 

She was once married to the wonderful director, Stanley Donen, who made some of my favourite movies. 

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:50am
Gaspard Ulliel - I immediately thought, tree. That's your standard skiing cause of death. But it turns out he wasn't wearing a helmet and collided with another skier at an intersection on the slopes.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:56am
Off piste....tree...boom. 

Michael Schumacher Sonny Bono...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:01am

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:04am
 Natasha Richardson, Liam Neeson's wife, also died after a skiing accident. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Off piste....tree...boom. 

Michael Schumacher Sonny Bono...

I have a very funny film of my brother skiing off-piste, seeing a tree looming, then sitting down on his skis so he didn't crash. He ended up cuddling the tree.

(I once carried a monstrous camera with me, while skiing, to take film of the family learning. When I wasn't filming, I tucked it in my ski-suit.)

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:11am
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:12am
Sit there & watch that for 10 minutes LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Hana Horka, who was the vocalist for the band Asonance, died on Sunday at the age of 57, according to her son Jan Rek.

The anti-vax Czech folk singer died after she deliberately contracted Covid to obtain a health pass that would have allowed her to visit the sauna and theatre, her family said.

Proof of vaccination or a recent infection is required to access cultural and sports facilities as well as for travel, and for visiting bars and restaurants in the EU member state, which is facing a soaring Covid count.

Trust the virus but not the vax ?

Idiot.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:23am
Would you rather be Gaspard Ulliel or Michael Schumacher?

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:39am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

that looks just like my brother on the beginners' slope. He kept falling over without even moving.

LOL
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Would you rather be Gaspard Ulliel or Michael Schumacher?

Schumacher. 

reductio ad absurdum
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:24am
 I believe Schumacher is still rated as 'critical', even after all these years.

Living in a vegetative state is not living...

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:39am
Oneone that isn't me.  I did ski abit in my teen years and wasn't too bad if a bit out of control most of the time.  But I could fall over at the drop of the hat off the slop.  One New Years Eve dance (Uncle had an old time dance band down the coast) I fell over three times.  Too much enthusiasm and little feet control.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:45am
And that is just down right sad to see something like what happened to Hana Horka.  

The disease can be way times worse than the vaccine.  So sad.  None of us know if we catch it we will be safe.  I'm certainly older than 57.  Most here are but I remember those parties in the USA among the young ones had deaths associated with them.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 11:36am
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Oneone that isn't me.  I did ski abit in my teen years and wasn't too bad if a bit out of control most of the time.  But I could fall over at the drop of the hat off the slop.  One New Years Eve dance (Uncle had an old time dance band down the coast) I fell over three times.  Too much enthusiasm and little feet control.

Even the best skiers fall over. I had paused in the middle of a run at Smiggs and was standing still on the slope, when I noticed my mother waving at me from our room in the hotel. I waved back, then promptly slipped over on my bum...I had stopped on a patch of ice but hadn't noticed. I was a top-grade skier.  Very humiliating.

Embarrassed

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 12:05pm
Well it's worst when your dancing a swing dance.  Very disruptive all around.  My main clame to fame as a skier was I could lay down on the ski's and get straight up.  I can hardly get up off the floor anymore so those good muscles have left the building.  As I said not a good skier but only one time skied off the slopes when I sprained my ankle landing badly over the moggles.  That was the last visit before I was married so that was the end of my skiing adventures.  Went a few times in my 50's but mostly I've lost my nerve.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 1:15pm
 I'd still be doing it if I didn't have two metal braces holding my back together...

and if I had two good knees...

Unhappy

Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:28pm
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:17pm

Bat Out Of Hell singer Meat Loaf dies aged 74

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:21pm
Meat Loaf was in ICU in Nashville after contracting Covid-19. Meat Loaf’s death was announced by his family.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:30pm
 no more AFL GF appearances...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 26>