Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Historical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

List of Sires with greater than 20 G1 winners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 8:05pm
For GB & IRE sires to get their foal numbers you need a full set of the Return Of Mares (and the Supplement) published annually by Weatherbys.  Then you have to get out all the annuals and add up the numbers yourself.  I have the 1972-2000 Return Of Mares, and 2017-2020.  
Even then, my guess is you have to go to the source (Weatherbys) for the real number.  
Although I gave in a previous post 1,769 horses for Sadler's Wells I think his number of foals was probably 3,000+.
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 8:14am
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 8:24am
Yes at the tail end of each years catalogue you get each countries foal crop.  Not necessarily live foals and some are estimated.

But it doesn't break it down into individual sires.

The tbheritage site is really handy if you run into a dead end researching a family.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 4:08pm
I don't know his full numbers but I have More than Ready with 2370 foals in my data.  Fastnet Rock I have with 1910 and both would have more.  The numbers for the shuttle stallions far outway the stallions restricted to one region.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12