Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2021/2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:43pm
Just before we get into the playoffs, as far as Flores is concerned the old adage if it ain't broke do not fix it, or if there is no one better on offer stick with what you have, seems to be appropriate.

Alright now onto an intriguing wild card week.

Cincinnati
Buffalo
Tampa Bay
San Francisco
Kansas City
L.A.Rams

Now for the bets

Cincinnati @ $1.38 to defeat Las Vegas
Buffalo @ $1.42 to defeat New England
Tampa Bay @ $1.91 giving Philadelphia 8.5 points start
San Francisco @ $2.33 to defeat Dallas
Kansas City @ $1.86 giving Pittsburgh 12.5 points start
L.A.Rams @ $1.85 giving Arizona 3 points start 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:29am
Las Vegas going down. So many silly penalties at vital times cruelling any chance they had.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:56am
Las Vegas could have tied the game had Carr thrown to an unmarked Jacobs on 2nd and goal.  He was only a metre from the line and a certain score. But Carr went for Jones who was marked. Bad read.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:03pm
Buffalo - New England,  boring.Sleepy

The Buffalo coach looks like an actor I've seen in lots of shows. Usually a nasty character. Can't think of any of those shows atm so can't find out who.Confused
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:10pm
Seems strange to me seeing NFL officials having debates on the field about decisions. Yesterday,  I think it was yesterday, I saw 6 of them having a confab that must have gone on for 3 minutes at least. Probably with assistance from NY.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:15pm
 no game yesterday...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:19pm
Might have been on a Kayo Mini edited replay of one of last weekends games.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 1:14pm
 Nice upset, today, with the 49ers beating Dallas. McCarthy demonstrating why GB got rid of him, making dumb late stage decisions.

Pittsburgh standing up to Kansas, too. But the Chiefs should eventually wear them down.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 1:21pm
Judged on today Dallas are a very stupid team, making life hard for  their QB. And SF aren't much smarter. GB will thrash them.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 12:42pm
 Beckham's toe was over the boundary line on that TD. Can't believe it wasn't challenged.

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 2:28pm
It was OK. The boundary is the green/white change. He was over the blue of the rams logo but still in bounds
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:08pm
 we will agree to disagree.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:12pm
 doesn't matter, anyway. Another one-sided match. 

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:17pm
Green is in-bounds, white is not.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:44pm
Well we had to wait all season but finally it has happened.

A week where we got all our bets up. 

Just for the record the all up was at $30.00.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:48pm
Star
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:34pm
Well I have just stopped laughing so now I can write what we learnt from the wild card weekend matches.

We found out how much the rest of the NFL actually hates the Cowboys. Steven A Smith from the ESPN show first Take, was playing some absolutely savage, but hilarious vision of some of the Cowboys fans in the stand as Prescott stuffed that final spike, or non spike. If you are a Cowboys fan it would irritate you but some hilarious stuff if you need a laugh.

Okay Big Jimmy might not be the best QB in the NFL, but he does his job and that defence can overcome any errors he commits. Deebo Samuel is in Superbowl winning form.

The Bills were sensational in showing up the rookie QB. Mac Jones will learn from that and be back but he can look back at his rookie season with pride.

Both Kansas City and Tampa Bay looked their usual post season self as they cruised past teams who basically fell into post season matches. 

And Joe Burrow led the Bengals to their first post season win since 1991. I am not sure what the highest cost home in Cincinnati is but if I am the Bengals owners I am giving Joe Burrow a ten year deal worth $300 million and I would even offer his family $100,000 for life to keep this guy in my franchise. 

Wild Card MVP: Josh Allen looked sensational, Aaron Donald was huge for the Rams defence in shutting down the Cardinals offense, but for me there is no way you can go past Deebo Samuel. The 49er offense was humming nicely in the first half but then Jimmy did his best to give Dallas every hope, so Deebo Samuel told everyone on offense to just sit back and watch this and his efforts did what was needed. He scored the touchdown after a interception, and he was able to keep the ball away from the Cowboys offense by converting several crucial downs, which was enough for his team to hold on.

Wild Card Best Team Effort: This is a tough one to decide. I was finding hard to separate the Bills and Rams. What is also making the decision difficult is that the two opponents have looked less and less post season teams as they got closer to the post season. However I am going to make the Rams the performance from the week. Matt Stafford actually looked good for the whole match and I am stating right now that the winner of their next match with Tampa Bay will for me be the favorite to win the NFC.    

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 9:06pm
Now onto the divisional week match ups and I think all 8 teams can win the superbowl, but all 8 also have flaws that can be exploited in a loss.

Cincinnati
San Francisco
Tampa Bay
Buffalo

Bets for the weekend

Cincinnati @ $2.51 to defeat Tennessee (Henry back is a plus, but how healthy and productive will he be, and Tennessee have not been outstanding since their bye week, and they are coming up against a team who is full of confidence and whose defence is improving all the time)
San Francisco @ $1.90 getting 5.5 points from Green Bay (this will be close and the Packers can win so taking the start here)
L.A.Rams @ $1.84 getting 3 points start from Tampa Bay
Buffalo @ $2.04 to defeat Kansas City

Tennessee is being ignored and I am not sure why, but I just think they will not be at their best off the week off. If they can win, they are genuine Superbowl hopes because they will get better as the post season goes on.

Green Bay are a deserving favorite, but again there effort off a week off in the season was a huge loss to New Orleans and their last three matches were not outstanding but they can turn it on when needed.

As stated in the previous post I think whoever wins the Tampa Bay L.A.Rams match is the favorite to win the NFC Championship match. This will be a very difficult match for God's Nephew. This is a good defence and if the Rams can have the majority of the possession they will win. 

Buffalo is on fire and Patrick Mahomes needs to find his passing form from the previous seasons to give his team a hope. The weapons are still there but if you are passing short or high or long or wide they can not use their skills. They are due for a previous style performance but on form the Bills for me are a good bet.

Good luck to all supporters who have a team in the matches (good luck jj with The Bearded One), I hope both the Bengals and 49ers can make the championship week matches.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 10:34pm
 I agree about the winner of the Rams/ Bucs match being favourite. Both impressive last week.

Green Bay will need to pull out all their tricks. A-Rod needs to stop dancing in the pocket and get the ball to Adams or Lazard, post haste. If he does...and the defence has one of their better games, they will win by about 16 points. But they are no certainties. There were a lot of lucky wins, this season.

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:31am
Bwahahahaha
Bengals intercept... & FG WINS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats for the bias NFL and refs who called that incomplete pass for the Titans a catch....
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:47pm
 What a disgraceful call. No way was that an incomplete pass. It was a fumble and GB should have had possession.

These rulings are becoming game changers.

Good on the boys for sacking Garoppolo straight after.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:58pm
 I had three goes at Garoppolo before I got a spell-check okay...

Embarrassed
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 2:52pm
We are getting down to the nitty gritty now jj.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 3:00pm
 they deserve to lose the game.

The special teams are disgraceful and the offense is average.

We don't seem to get it all together in finals...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 3:10pm
There's always next year JJ.  Big smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 3:10pm
 every advantage and they flumm it.

Should have been so far in front they couldn't be caught when the sleet came.

Totally disgusted.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

There's always next year JJ.  Big smile

they'll do the same. Win the division, then bugger up the end of season.

So predictable.

Just when the defense finally gets its act together, the special teams show their special talent to cruel the game.

It's been obvious all year where the problems were...

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 3:17pm
Another play-offs masterpiece from Rodgers, up against an offence that was -8 years for the match part way through the second quarter he somehow managed to sh!t the bed and not get the job done.  Indeed the 9ers special teams were responsible for as many points gained (counting the blocked chip shot field goal) as the Packers offence put up.

Going to be an interesting off season in Wisconsin I suspect.

Interesting that the biggest criticism of the move to a 7 team pay-off format was how much advantage it would give the #1 seeds, it may only be a small sample size but neither #1 seed has managed to even make it to the Conference Championship this season after a wild card team won the whole thing last season.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 3:27pm
 Put your money on Brady making another SB appearance. 

I am now barracking for Matt Stafford and the Rams. That should ensure TB wins tomorrow...

My record, this year is 0-3.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 3:32pm
2 games, 2 last second fg's for the win
Time is a flat circle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>