Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2021/2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL 2021/2022
    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 8:32am
Pre-Season games are a week away (hall of fame game) and 2 weeks away for everyone else, Week 1 of the regular season is 6 weeks away starting with the Cowboys @ Buccaneers.

This week is the first season of the new 17 game season which see's each team have an extra game against another side from the other conference.

JJ will be happy as Aaron Rodgers has decided he will front for the Packers after all, however it feels like a Lombardi or he's gone season at Lambeau for A-Rod.

The Buccaneers have most of the important pieces back this season and will have a division that on paper looks easier just for Drew Brees retiring but unlike last season they will have a target on their backs every week.

Most have Denver tipped as a QB short of a super bowl contender hence the links to Aaron Rodgers throughout the summer, instead they've got a QB competition between Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater, if they can find a way to play functional offense and solid defense they may be a solid team but with a tough division to get out of that may not even be enough.

Bill Belichick has a shiny new first round QB to play with for the first time ever in New England and although they say it'll be a genuine competition between him and Cam, it's unlikely the kid won't see the field at some stage throughout this season.

Deshaun Watson has a lot going on with the sexual misconduct charges and also reports suggesting the Texans are willing to trade him, given the expected price and the charges hanging over him it would be a risky move and perhaps an all in move for a side who feel he could push them over the edge into being contenders.

Plenty of other goings on as always, bring the season on!

Edited by Gay3 - 16 Jan 2022 at 2:15pm
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:25pm
"JJ will be happy as Aaron Rodgers has decided he will front for the Packers after all, however it feels like a Lombardi or he's gone season at Lambeau for A-Rod"

You have no idea how relieved I am. The thought of having him go to Denver was making me feel ill.

Now, Davante Adams is talking treason. If Aaron does eventually go, the DA might follow.

We have a very strong squad, again. I expect them to finish at the top of their division and come close to taking out the conference, again. The last two years have been very disappointing. They were good all year but fell when the crunch came.

Go Pack Go.

Heart 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:28pm
 I haven't done a fantasy team yet...might have to get moving on it, now being locked down for another month.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:30pm
How good is the Packers OL? If the OL is no good it isn't matter how good the QB is, e.g Super Bowl LV.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:33pm

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

How good is the Packers OL? If the OL is no good it isn't matter how good the QB is, e.g Super Bowl LV.

they've strengthened in a lot of area...

I was happy to see them resist chasing JJ Watt. 

The D-line is the key to whether we go further, this year. It has been our undoing in just about all matches we have lost. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 2:22pm
When I first started watching the NFL Dallas had an incredible OL and a fantastic RB and a superb WR. Happy days for the QB.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 2:44pm
 I just wish the Packers would stop letting top centres move on. Corey Linsley, with an 89.9 grade, just allowed to go off to the Chargers. The second top centre we have lost in the last few years.  

I was just reading Jaire Alexander's grading...91.1   Close to perfection. We'll probably lose him too, with the record GB has of letting handy defensive players go. Micah Hyde immediately comes to mind. One of the best safeties/ cornerbacks we have had...the Bills got good use of him.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Don't discount a good D either, a good D can help paper over the cracks of an average offense, eg Super Bowl 50.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 2:43pm
 Randall Cobb back at GB. Now that cheers my heart...Heart
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 2:45pm
https://youtu.be/acw-jY1tvUY

Aaron Rodgers Hailmary Touchdown Pass To Randall Cobb - NFL Playoffs NYGvsGB

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 6:43pm
If Green Bay can't squeeze another couple rings out of the last gasps of the Favre-Rodgers era then they deserve all the criticism that comes their way, perhaps even another couple wouldn't paper over the cracks, 3 decades of not just hall of fame talent but top 10 all time talent under centre for two rings, I mean this is one of the criticisms lobbed at Peyton Manning, that he only won two rings in 18 seasons, so what of two in 30?

JJ I reckon they've reneged to an extent on giving Rodgers weapons to play with hoping that his ability to run around and sandbox something out of nothing would paper over the cracks, the only first round picks they've used on Rodgers side of the ball since himself are Love and a couple O linemen.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 7:00pm
  their defence is problematic, playing zone rather than the man. When we got rid of Capers, we all thought things would change, yet the same plan seems to be implemented. 

And, as I said, GB allow a lot of defensive talent to drift away.

But for Rodgers, we wouldn't get near the playoff picture. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 1:34pm
 Aaron Rodgers has nothing to worry about. Jordon Love was very ordinary in the pre-season thrashing by Houston. 

Hope that was a secondary defence, too...

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 4:27am
Okay we seem to be right on the cusp of the NFL starting so lets see if we can make a complete mess of the predictions again, and put the curse on another team likew e did with the 49'ers last season (boy I hope they can stay injury free).

NFC

West: Seattle look strong enough to go in as favorites still, however their defensive issues late last season have to be a concern long term. They should win enough to once again hit the playoffs. The Rams were great in patches last season but they only just scrapped into the playoffs. They need to get away to a good start, which will allow them to have a little form slump in a section of the season which always seems to happen. I thought the 49ers went well last season considering the covid and injury issues. If they can stay injury free they can make this dvision a strong three way fight. Arizona are not hopeless but in this division they are up against making a playoffs run.

Season Tally: Seattle 11-6    San Francisco 11-6  La Rams 10-7 Arizona 6-11

South: A changing of the guard here. New orleans are going through a severe post Brees stage and their salary cap issues make it hard to gain a suitable play offs level replacement. Tampa Bay will sit atop the division and with his highness in charge they have to be a genuine threat at the superbowl once again. I can see New Orleans doing enough to go 9-7 due to their defense being okay, but I am worried where their points come from as that was a concern when Brees was at the helm. Carolina and Atlanta are making up the numbers, but Atlanta can score enough points to defeat other weak defenses so they can reach a 0.500 season.

Season tally: Tampa Bay 12-5   New Orleans 8-9   Atlanta 7-10  Carolina 4-13

East: I would love to tell all the fans of any of these four teams that this their superbowl season, but once again, judging by what I have seen in the exhibition matches it should be the same old same old. Somehow Dallas had a hope of making the playoffs in the last round last season, so I think they come in as favorite to take the top spot, but that defense is shocking. Washington's defense is one of the best in the NFL but their offense needs to step up a gear. The Giants have a good defense but that offense is one of the worst in the NFL. Philadelphia are making up the numbers.

Season Tally: Washington 9-8   Dallas 7-10  New York Giants  6-11 Philadelphia 2-15

North: With the Great leader agreeing to show up, Green Bay look to be the dominant team once more in this division, however I can see improvement in both Chicago and Minnesota. I think Chicago have the makings of a nice team in two or three season, but if their younger players can get that complacency out of their minds (they lost a couple of matches last year that they should have won if they were playing at their best), then they can reach the playoffs. Minnesota needed to strengthen their defense and I think they have done that and could be the difference between a losing season and being over the 0.500. I think Detroit improved thgeir offense last season, but their defense is still about two or three drafts from being play off strong, so while they can win a few matches this season, no playoffs.

Season Tally: Green Bay 13-4   Chicago 10-7   Minnesota 8-9   Detroit 6-11

To two teams:

1. Green Bay
2. Tampa Bay

Two divisional champs:

3. Seattle
4. Washington

Wild Cards

5. San Francisco
6. L.A.Rams

NFC Championship Match: Tampa Bay vs Seattle/San Francisco

AFC

South: Everything looks the same here. Tennessee and Indianapolis to have similar season to last season. Both Houston and Jacksonville's defenses were absolutely shocking last season and with a strong double in their own conference it makes it difficult to progress until they can improve that defense. 

Season Tally: Indianapolis 13-4   Tennessee 12-5  Houston 3-14  Jacksonville 2-15

East: Buffalo were sensational last season and it was just a lack of experience that cost them in the playoffs. They look right on track to set themselves up for a challenge to the dominator of the conference. Miami look to have the pieces in the right place to provide a strong challenge. It took them about five or six matches to hit their straps last season, but that will not happen this time around. If their core group of young players improve, I am tipping them along with San Francisco to be the big improvers. I can not believe that New England have ejected Cam Newton from their squad. I am not saying he was a superbowl quality quarterback but is his replacement any better. To me it seems Lord Palpatine himself is panicking. Do I have to talk about the other side in this division. The Jets to keep up their standard of play.

Season Tally: Buffalo 14-3  Miami 12-5  New England 7-10 New York Jets 1-16

North: Expecting this to be an eagerly contested division once again. The Pittsburgh side are always contenders. They are always good on both sides of the ball. I am expecting big things from Baker Mayfield and his squad in Cleveland. If they make the natural improvement they made last season, they will be certain playoff contenders, they just need to get that defense in order against the better teams. Cincinatti are not a terrible team, but they are in one of the toughest divisions, They won three matches outside their own division and I can see them improving that record, but the fact they only won one divisional match shows they are behind the other three teams. 

Season Tally: Pittsburgh 12-5 Cleveland 12-5 Baltimore 11-6 Cincinatti 6-11

West: I can see no reason why Kansas City will not continue their dominance here. Raiders fans must have just about considered giving up last season with at least three unlosable matches being lost, and that was the difference between being a play off contender and an also ran. I can see them improving, but for me they are still only a wild card hope. The LA Chargers are a team who  do not seem to travel well. Their non conference record was horrendous and if they can improve that and their defense they can improve. I have seen nothing in the Denver recruitment and their exhibition performances to say they will improve. 

Season Tally: Kansas City 15-2  Las Vegas  11-6  LA.Chargers 9-8  Denver 4-13

Top two teams:

1. Kansas City
2. Buffalo

Divisional Champions:

3. Indianapolis
4. Pittsburgh

Wild Cards

5. Cleveland
6. Miami

AFC Championship Match: Kansas City vs Cleveland/Buffalo

Superbowl: Tampa Bay vs Kansas City

I can see this being a huge season. Of the regular playoff teams I can only see New Orleans dropping away. It will be a good season for Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland and Indianapolis. If they can overcome the horrendous injury toll from last year I think the 49ers are capable of improving and I am not sure why, but if the group of players at Chicago improve as I think they will they can have a good season as well. 

There are some really tough divisions with three teams all strong contenders and as I said a team like Cincinnatti is not hopeless but they will find it tough stuck in the division they are in to improve. 

Looking forward to the season and wish all the teams well to get through another season which might be interrupted by covid.   

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 8:07am
Don't forget there is an extra wild card team in there now VOYAGER, which would give Chicago in the NFC and Tennessee in the AFC a spot each if your numbers ring true.  I'd have a go at this myself but I'd completely expose myself, not in a good way LOL

Actually let's all have a go, I'll do something tonight if I get time, maybe we could even do a tipping comp if enough people are keen?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:47am
This thread should be posted on the General forum, as I imagine it has as much interest to most Australians as to whether Copenhagen of Silkeborg might win the Danish Superliga.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:18pm
 rubbish, Bob. You'd be surprised how many NFL fans abound in Australia...

even possibly on here...

I'm cheesed off that they are showing the Browns/ Kansas game, on Monday, rather than Green Bay/ New Orleans.

last year, we had more Cleveland games shown on free-to-air than any other. Probably because one of 7mate's 'expert' commentators is a Browns' fan.

The fact they reduced coverage from three games to two, also pisses me off.    I would usually go to Star to watch ESPN's coverage, but that's off the cards, now.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:32pm
 "Cincinatti are not a terrible team"

yes they are...haven't been good since the Andy Dalton/ A J Green/ Giovanni Bernard/ Jeremy Hill era. 

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 3:51pm
Saints Packers is on ESPN
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 3:55pm
 I can't access ESPN anymore.

My fetch box went bung.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 3:59pm
Please explain Fetch? If all I want to do is watch NFL, what do I need and how much does it cost? 

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 4:04pm
 it's a part of Optus internet plans...or was. It continually played up at our home, and I had to buy expensive electrical connectors, which also went haywire. I gave up on it. They didn't offer to replace mine and I'm having to switch to NBN, soon.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

"Cincinatti are not a terrible team"

yes they are...haven't been good since the Andy Dalton/ A J Green/ Giovanni Bernard/ Jeremy Hill era. 

Yes they are a non starter for playoff discussion jj, but what I meant was that they are not as horrendous as the two New York teams, Detroit and Jacksonville.

If you are a mediocre team, but you are in a strong division, your seasons stats will look awful, but when you have a team who can win 3 matches outside their own division, but only win one divisional match up that tells me that the team is not as strong as the other three in their division, however they are not totally inept like the four teams I just mentioned.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Don't forget there is an extra wild card team in there now VOYAGER, which would give Chicago in the NFC and Tennessee in the AFC a spot each if your numbers ring true.  I'd have a go at this myself but I'd completely expose myself, not in a good way LOL

Actually let's all have a go, I'll do something tonight if I get time, maybe we could even do a tipping comp if enough people are keen?

I will do what I did last year Afros, but I could include my head to head tips if we have a comp.

I am also on the NFL Fantasy League this year and I would love to create a similar fantasy comp but we will do that next year after seeing how it works.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:37pm
I play fourteen fantasy games, six with the official site and eight with yahoo.

I never play standard...always salary cap draft, where you have $200 to spend and must buy wisely.

In one draft, only two of us fronted live, so we bought up all the big names at bargain prices. If I don't win that league, it will only be because of bad luck with injury.

I have Mahomes and Rodgers as QB's, McCaffery and Kamara for RB, Adams and Tyreek Hill as WR and Travis Kelce as TE. There should be enough points in that lot to win any comp, bar injury. 

Last year, I had McCaffery in all my teams and spent most of the year watching him sit in the IR area. So, you never know... 
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:40pm
Okay we have week 1 upon us and so here are our bets.

Tampa Bay @$1.86 giving Dallas a 7.5 start.
Pittsburgh  @$1.90 getting 6.5 start from Buffalo
Carolina to defeat New York Jets but no bet
Jacksonville @$1.86 giving Houston 2.5 points start
Tennessee @$1.94 giving Arizona 3 points start
Atlanta to defeat Philadelphia but no bet
LA Chargers @$1.96 giving Washington 1 point start
San Francisco @$1.90 giving Detroit 7.5 points start
Seattle @$1.90 giving Indianapolis 2.5 points start
Minnesota @$1.58 to defeat Cincinnatti
Miami @$2.30 to defeat New England
Kansas City to defeat Cleveland but no bet (this should be a good match)
Denver to defeat New York Giants but no bet
Green Bay Packers @$1.90 giving New Orleans 4 points start.
Chicago @$3.90 to defeat LA Rams
Baltimore @$1.96 giving Las Vegas 4.5 points start

Multi

Tampa Bay    @$1.86
Tennessee     @$1.94
L.A Chargers  @$1.96
Miami            @$2.30
Green Bay      @$1.90

Multi Price =   $30.90 

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:45pm
Week 1 Tipping Comp 

Tampa bay
Pittsburgh
Carolina
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Atlanta
LA Chargers
San Francisco
Seattle
Minnesota
Miami
Kansas City
Denver
Green Bay
Chicago
Baltimore

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:15pm
I'll be keeping a close eye on Jameis Winston this year. Been given a new life & i think he will take advantage. Also hope Marriota gets another crack at some point at LV - don't rate Carr that highly & think he can do well if given the chance.
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:19pm
I would dearly love the for & against to come into play with the NFL. Winning by 1 point means the same as winning by 30. So many games get slowed down - as early as the third quarter to protect a lead. Boring as usually. Even better to give bonus points for winning margins. Wont happen i know Ouch
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>