Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Liz Cambage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:54pm
 did you see this one...?

At 7-foot-4-inches tall, Zhang Ziyu is undoubtedly one for the future.

The 14-year-old has sent the internet into a frenzy after footage emerged online of her absolutely tearing oppositions to shreds on the basketball court over in China.

A bunch of WNBA teams will have surely seen the viral clip by now, which shows Ziyu dominating at the both ends of the court.

She ended up guiding her team to the China National Championship, where she put up an impressive 42 points, 25 rebounds and six blocks.

Not bad, not bad at all

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:55pm
Probably the result a failed Chinese bio-weapon. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:56pm
WTF is that?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

& the other bird is wearing high heels LOL

yeah...and she's supposedly 5ft 10. (Iggy Azalea)

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:01pm

Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:01pm
Liz is 6' 7''
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:03pm
I cant understand how that young girl scores so many points Confused . Maybe she is a fast runner LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:03pm
And Iggy is a good Mullumbimby girl made good.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Liz is 6' 7''

before the extra spring in the shoes...and she is pictured with 5ft 10in Iggy Azalea, in heels. 

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:05pm

I cant understand how that young girl scores so many points Confused . Maybe she is a fast runner LOL
She should be told by the coach to sit down next to the other kids LOL
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:08pm

This is how I won a Wallan u12's Basketball championship. We had 1 dude who was just bigger and stronger than anyone else in the league LOL
Time is a flat circle
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 4:21pm
How much glump has Liz pumped into those lips Cry
animals before people.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:58pm
Those in the media saying we have lost our gold medal chance our showing they are olympics once every four yearers.

The US Womens Basketball team are one of the safest bets for the whole two weeks.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:11pm
Meanwhile the Opals have beaten the US overnight. I know it is only an exhibition and a warm up for Tokyo but still an excellent performance
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 4:20pm
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 4:46pm
I have no idea whether or not she has a mental illness but if she does I would certainly wish he the best in getting all the help she needs. However what I have seen (which is all I can judge on) I would say she seems to be an attention seeker. Her Instagram page would appear to back that up. 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 4:49pm
I think the same, E&E.   She wants to be the centre of attention and when she isnt she spits the dummy.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 6:31pm

from that article...

Earlier this week, Aussie basketball great Andrew Bogut took to Twitter to suggest he is seemingly not convinced Cambage withdrew from the Olympics due to mental health concerns.

On Friday evening, former SEM Phoenix assistant coach Ian Stacker tweeted: “Mental health is a significant issue for our community. Every time a sports star or celebrity uses ‘mental health’ as an excuse for deplorable behaviour totally frustrates those dealing with real issues.”

Amen to that...

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:01pm
Can't comment on Cambage's alleged behavior because I simply don't know.  She may have personal issues, may be a pain in the butt, or both. 

What I do know is that:

Bogut was a brilliant basketballer as is Cambage.
Bogut's family hails from the predominantly white supremacist neo fascist nation of Croatia.  And his public comments on certain issues suggest he's following in the family's ethnic tradition.
Cambage has a history of on-line comment on perceived racial and gender discrimination in sport.
Cambage was born of a Nigerian father and an Australian mother who raised her daughter alone, and suffered racial taunts throughout her childhood years.
Bogut has a history of attacking Cambage, in the first instance criticizing her for attending a Black Lives Matter demonstration and later for her expression of personal views on a number of issues. 

I'm not endorsing anything Cambage has said or done.  Just suggesting Bogut's continual and recent comments should be given no less or no more credence that Cambage's.  

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:25pm
Yes - Mick Moylan had mental issues that saw him sit out the Finals series a few years back for Penrith. Ben Barber had similar a few times as well. So did Greg Inglis i think. Been many , many more across all sports. Now Liz has got it.  Good luck to her - she is going to need it - cant see her team mates who she has let down welcoming her back anytime soon. I mean she would want to be really, really crook to not play in the Olympics vs partying in Vegas. Time will tell
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Can't comment on Cambage's alleged behavior because I simply don't know.  She may have personal issues, may be a pain in the butt, or both. 

What I do know is that:

Bogut was a brilliant basketballer as is Cambage.
Bogut's family hails from the predominantly white supremacist neo fascist nation of Croatia.  And his public comments on certain issues suggest he's following in the family's ethnic tradition.
Cambage has a history of on-line comment on perceived racial and gender discrimination in sport.
Cambage was born of a Nigerian father and an Australian mother who raised her daughter alone, and suffered racial taunts throughout her childhood years.
Bogut has a history of attacking Cambage, in the first instance criticizing her for attending a Black Lives Matter demonstration and later for her expression of personal views on a number of issues. 

I'm not endorsing anything Cambage has said or done.  Just suggesting Bogut's continual and recent comments should be given no less or no more credence that Cambage's.  

Bogut didn't have trouble getting on with his team mates. Fairly telling that hers wanted her booted apparently.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:45pm
The last bit might be right or wrong.  But at this point it's simply innuendo.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

This is how I won a Wallan u12's Basketball championship. We had 1 dude who was just bigger and stronger than anyone else in the league LOL
TJ - i was worried for a minute. I thought you were going to say they put you up against a girls team !
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:53pm
 SC wrote .."Cambage was born of a Nigerian father and an Australian mother who raised her daughter alone, and suffered racial taunts throughout her childhood years"
If her father was Nigerian, it is of particular interest in a recent trial game against Nigeria Cambage was reported to have got into  with heated arguments with her Nigerian opponents,. Some suggested it might have been racial, which in itself is very interesting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:54pm
Who was the offender Bob?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:57pm
PT, no idea, other than it was with her Nigerian opponents.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Who was the offender Bob?

Dan Andrews LOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:58pm
No surprise there.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:00pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:01pm
No it was not one person, it was some Nigerian team MEMBERS,  that cuts Dan out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>