Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Liz Cambage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liz Cambage
    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:10pm
Sounds to me like someone preparing the groundwork to try to justify some very brattish behaviour ;

Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:12pm
Good on her.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm

So your happy that she goes around belting players off-court & continually telling everyone how tough life is for herself ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:17pm
No I am happy that she recognises she has mental health issues and is withdrawing to deal with them.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:23pm
She's got the Murdoch reptiles in a lather.Big smile

There goes our chance of gold.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:24pm
When you get off-side with your own team mates / management i think i know where the problem lies. Blaming having to live in a bubble with "no fans, no friends" as a reason to act as a brat is a bit precious. I would have thought some of your team mates would be "friends". Obviously not.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

No I am happy that she recognises she has mental health issues and is withdrawing to deal with them.
Would you recommend Tomic, Kyrios et al did same PT ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:25pm
Oh, well - I never watch the Olympics basketball anyway.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:30pm
Maybe she has got a screw loose - not sure. Just a darn shame for the rest of the team to lose their biggest weapon. Suggest it will result in more "mental anguish" for her as she will never be able to get team mate support again. I mean we are talking the Olympics here - not easily forgiven
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

She is black
She is a woman 
She has deserted us.

Not much to garner anything positive from Sky
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:39pm
Oh I forgot immigrant.

Difficult one though a black Pom.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:50pm
Based on that summary PT you may wish to join Liz when she finally "reaches out" for that help. Which i suggest will be never. 
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

When you get off-side with your own team mates / management i think i know where the problem lies. Blaming having to live in a bubble with "no fans, no friends" as a reason to act as a brat is a bit precious. I would have thought some of your team mates would be "friends". Obviously not.
I’ve got no idea of what went down this week.
But she has a long history of being difficult to deal with.
I hope she gets plenty of help, people are much less accommodating once you cease being the star.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:57pm

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

She is black
She is a woman 
She has deserted us.

Not much to garner anything positive from Sky

At least she's straight. The only one in the Opals. No I'm just stirring. Tongue

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:01pm

Based on that summary PT you may wish to join Liz when she finally "reaches out" for that help. Which i suggest will be never. 

I have no problem with any of those things, including gay, if she is. I am surprised this isn't in the easily triggered Politically Correct mob thread where outrage  thrives.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:02pm
That's very true Rusty. She sat out the whole last season in the US on a Covid medical exemption. And more recently been threatening to pull the pin on the Olympics - as this article shows ;

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:03pm
Is it any wonder she is offside with her team mates !
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:06pm
 she certainly seems to be controversial.

Whether the mental issues excuse is just an excuse and not real, only those closest to her, know.

A lot of competitive sporting people have mental issues...it seems to come with the territory...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:07pm
 Gay would probably say: "Suck it up, Princess..."

Evil Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:08pm

I have no problem with any of those things, including gay, if she is. I am surprised this isn't in the easily triggered Politically Correct mob thread where outrage  thrives.
That's ordinary PT. Many on here have taken aim at white , Australian male sporting brats. Stop making it something it isn't 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:15pm
The previous Liz Cambage thread was, It is just a matter of time with this one.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:24pm
You mean like the Kyrios / Tomic / Huegill / Madga Szubanski / Michael Slater / Margaret Court threads PT. Not many of those are Black women - however they still copped attention. Ever thought that it is just because she is precious that she cops criticism
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:27pm
That is what I mean. I dont think it was an individual thread rather a collective outrage thread.

From memory our mutual good friend Whale was active in it, have some passing connection to the young lady.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:41pm
Ah the memories. Sadly missed - always (well almost) good for a laugh Thumbs Up
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:45pm
Who's Liz Cabbage? Does she play golf?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:49pm
Lets put it this way Stayer - if you met her face to face you wouldn't forget her LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:49pm
 basketball..

our BIG weapon...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:49pm
Face to navel.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:51pm

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:52pm
& the other bird is wearing high heels LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>