Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Living with an ADHD person, in covid times.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:23pm
Lovely pic.
I would love to go back to working with horses,,,,,,but old age calls a halt.  
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Every Picture tells a story .     The daughter giving Mum's nose a Rub .   

That's Lovelly JJ ... She doesn't look to be hyped up in that Photo.

see, you can be nice...Beer

She's not always hypo...if you get her interested in something, like her art-work, she will concentrate for hours...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Lovely pic.
I would love to go back to working with horses,,,,,,but old age calls a halt.  

same here. It was a huge chunk of my life, but now it's time to do milder things...

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:52pm
She's a good judge of character though macca.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 7:13am

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Every Picture tells a story .     The daughter giving Mum's nose a Rub .   

That's Lovelly JJ ... She doesn't look to be hyped up in that Photo.

see, you can be nice...Beer

She's not always hypo...if you get her interested in something, like her art-work, she will concentrate for hours...

I was being nice ?    Confusing You for that beautiful horse .

Apologise to it for me ..

you wouldn't be the first person who's called me a nag...

and I can take a joke if it isn't nasty...Thumbs Up
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 8:46am
Who's going to look after her - after you're long gone?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 9:34am
She'll look after herself Brudder_A.  I have a daughter who has been diagnosed ADHD but a different type to Jujuno's daughter.  Mine can't retain instructions and struggles to read.  Her mind just can't follow the words properly.  But she is above average for working things out visually.  She's the go to if I can't work something out.  9 times out of 10 she'll work it out before the rest of us.  

They just have to work differently to others but they can be very intelligent indeed and can look after themselves.  They are just very hard to live with.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Brudder_A Brudder_A wrote:

Who's going to look after her - after you're long gone?

furious is right. She is able to look after herself in most things, just not legal affairs or filling in forms.

her sister would need to help in that regard. 

She's taken care of herself and the house when I've been in hospital...

Hug
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 2:03pm
 I might add that I live next door to a schizophrenic man who, when off his meds, thinks it's amusing to bang on the wall of our building with a hammer...sometimes at 4am.

it's possible he could be a relative of a certain person on here...

Censored
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 3:12pm
It isn't easy Lyme ..    I do feel for such hazards in life . It must be hard for your daughter living with someone with ADHD .    But you seem to be able to control yourself most times .
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 3:14pm
Sounds like someone's had a bit of happy hour at the home. Chasing jj around the site. Nice one.
Time is a flat circle
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Sounds like someone's had a bit of happy hour at the home. Chasing jj around the site. Nice one.

Your not up with most post MJ ...   Lyme has been mentioning me all day ...as usual so she has to wear some comment on her multitude of ills ..   You do know a tick bit her some years ago .    We couldn't save it , it died in serious pain , But Lyme is still suffering , we do the best to cheer her up .   Borrelia burgdorferi
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 3:51pm
 can we keep the sniping to the 'snipe' thread, please.

Mrs Lyme's rules...in a non ADHD moment...

(just for the uneducated...ADHD is mostly inherited from the male side of the genetic trail)

I have IQ, not ADHD...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 12:48pm
 Would everyone hurry up and get vaccinated, so Gladys can open up this freaking state.

If I don't get away from my insane neighbour, for a week or so, murder could be on the cards.

The last two nights, he's been on a roll, muttering very loudly about all manner of things, including talking to himself as if he's talking to me. 

He's not game to actually talk to me. If I call him out, he hides behind his door.

My mother thought that moving into an expensive complex would get her away from any nutty neighbours...but then found her new wheelchair-bound cheerful young next-door flat owner was a drug-rapist.

You never know who you'll get. They're everywhere....

There are some on here I wouldn't want to live next to.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 1:18pm
Community title living is NOT ON jj.    Gangs of maximum 7 form and run the schemes as if their on a power trip . Have no idea of the Act and by laws .   Do it all on the run .

You could move ... I have a granny Flat you can use until Stayer gets Parole .
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 1:34pm
 I'm not moving to Anna P territory, Macca. I contemplated it, once, about ten years ago. I searched from Robina to Noosa, but decided against it. The decision came down to two things.

1. My children would be far away from the rest of our family, and their beloved grandmother.

2. They would be living among Queenslanders, and could get all manner of horrible ideas from doing so...including barracking for the Maroons. 

I couldn't do that to two innocent children. Better the nutty neighbour than a Queenslander, next door. 

Ouch

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 3:55pm
I suspect my knee replacement surgery is being moved up, going by all the calls from the hospital the last few days. I'm lined up for a zoom anaesthetist appointment, tomorrow. I've been on the list since March. 

Today, I had a call from a nurse who was testing my physical and cognitive function. Apart from checking how restricted my mobility was...could I walk around the block or run for a bus (if I could I wouldn't be needing a new knee)...I had to count backwards from 20 to 1, was asked what year it was, what hospital was doing the op, and who the Prime Minister is. Usual stuff. She got a laugh when I replied Scomoron, telling me she had far worse responses. 

But my favourite question was when she asked if I was sexually active. I couldn't resist it...I said: "Are you offering?" We both had a giggle, then I answered: "Well, I would be if I had the opportunity." 

I'm still not sure why that question was necessary, in regards to a knee replacement.

I'll have to check my Karma Sutra guide book, to see which positions are not possible with a bung knee. 

Ermm   
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 9:13am
Hi JJ... Hope it all goes well . the Hospital Systems are so poorly run these days , it's another "disease" we have to survive.

I meant to ask ,   =   Was Your daughter another victim of the Ritalin poisoning ...    Always puzzled me why anyone would give a CNS stimulant to any Hyped person.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:58am
 you obviously don't understand how Ritalin works. (surprise surprise)

In a hyperactive person, it calms them and centres their thinking.

In a non-hyper person it stimulates and turns that person's metabolism onto a higher rate. A lot of people inclined to be overweight, also use Ritalin as an appetite suppressor.

I still have a box if you'd like to give it a go. Evil Smile (somewhat out of date, but still possibly works)

It has been used for decades, with very effective results, and few side effects...in correctly diagnosed hyperactive children. 

You don't know much, old man.

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:15pm
Rather oddly, Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is used on animals, in particular dogs. Similar to Ivermectin but let’s not go there
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:32pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Rather oddly, Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is used on animals, in particular dogs. Similar to Ivermectin but let’s not go there

In dogs, methylphenidate can be used to treat narcolepsy, cataplexy and some types of hyperactivity, but it is not as safe in dogs as it is in humans and most veterinarians prefer to use drugs with fewer side-effects.

I stressed that little part which says it is safe in humans. Used correctly, it is. 

One thing they don't tell you:: the common cold can negate the effects of Ritalin.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 4:20pm
We used it to brighten up greyhounds back in the 1960's .

The Meth Amphetamines and Ritalin are controlled Sch2 drugs and the last thing a spoilt kid needs to be addicted to .

I've seen plenty of them on it and yet t see a success story .

From what you have said it didn't help your daughter either.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 5:08pm
 excuse me....again you show your ignorance.

My older daughter flourished, using Ritalin. It got her through school, right up to year twelve. 

very much a success story.  It's the non-Ritalin taker who caused the problems. 

Your memory is failing. Have a sleep.

As for: "the last thing a spoilt kid needs to be addicted to"  Angry

seriously, old man, you are a fake and a joke. You have absolutely no concept of what constitutes ADHD, and the distinction from a spoilt child.

I suspect you are just gelati-stirring, as usual, but statements like that are hurtful to parents who have to deal with these conditions.  Thankfully, no-one listens to your mis-informed irrelevant nonsense.

Exclamation 
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 5:42pm
I listen macca despite her little warn8ng sign that she wants to cancel you with rather than facts 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 1:42am
 ADHD is a life-long condition. It is managed, not cured. Again, you show your lack of comprehension of the subject.

The daughter who was on Ritalin, from age 3 to 18, has not used the drug since leaving school. So, she occasionally paces and gets very restless. She also has trouble winding down to sleep. ADHD people are hot-wired. 

BUT...she has more brains and intelligence than ten Maccas. She can answer nearly anything you ask her, with great accuracy and detail, which always astounds me. Close to genius. 

Having ADHD does not mean she is stupid. 

You know nothing, old man. Restrict your comments to a subject you might actually know something about. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:53am
I've just copied a lot of this thread onto word, to potentially use in a book I may write, called 'The Ignorance of ADHD'. 

Macca's disgraceful comments are typical of the book title. 

Furious and Petite Rhapsody's contributions are invaluable. If I do publish the book, I shall make sure they are rewarded. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:58am
"as I get older, I have no room for stupidity, ignorance, liars, manipulators and people who insult my intelligence..." 

me either...

Geek
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 12:08pm
So it is sort of your fault JJ ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 12:12pm
 I started this thread to hopefully have a sane, responsible discussion about a very difficult condition that parents have to deal with.

I thank Furious and Petite Rhapsody for their contribution (though, in Macca's eyes we are all incompetent parents). Time to get away to get on with writing that book. 

Edited by Mayor - 20 Nov 2021 at 9:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>