Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Incentivise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

I've watched the 16 length defeat at Toowoomba and agree with Djebel.

According to racing QLD website he wore blinkers at his 1st 3 starts which were all defeats but has not worn them since.

He was actually badly held up/hampered in the straight at his debut over 1350. Doubt he would have won but probably placed. It is obvious though that he raced ungenerously with blinkers and is a different horse without them.
I suggest kavg that you forget the Qld website and look at All his races, he has never worn blinkers apart from the race at the " funny farm " Toowoomba , start from his run at Ipswich , you can't miss him he wears the white bridle .
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 7:52pm
You are correct Carioca! 
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 8:23pm
I often find that very large beaten margins need to be looked at and evaluated.
Many many instances where they don’t paint a true picture 

The Toowoomba run was a classic example 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 8:24pm
Cool kavg , didn't want to seem " knowallish " . Smile
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:25pm
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 10:45am
Hasn't been able to leave QLD so Steve will commence training him next week.
Will join Moody as soon as they are able to get him to Victoria.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:12pm
Moody very happy with him, Bossy keen for the Cups rides.

crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 3:00pm
Will gallop between R1 & 2 on the Synthetic at Pakenham today
This space has been intentionally left blank
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 9:44pm
I hope they handle the jockey situation correct here.

We saw on Saturday that a ride unfamiliar with the horse when James Innes Jr replaced Boss, then Avdulla on Think It Over.

I saw the former trainer say he would be glad if his regular Queensland rider rode the horse if Boss can not ride in Victoria due to covid. 

This is a very critical decision in the horses prep.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 5:39pm
Boss has been kicked out of NT and sent back to NSW
Will not be riding in Melbourne this spring

C Williams primed to take the ride on Incentivise

Champion hoop Glen Boss is set to return to New South Wales after announcing he would not be riding in Victoria this spring.

The Group 1-winning jockey had started quarantining in the Northern Territory ahead of a move to Victoria which would have seen him take the sit on Cups contender Incentivise and Cox Plate hopeful Alligator Blood.

Those rides are now back up for grabs, with the sit on Incentivise particularly sort after. The former Queensland galloper is $7 Caulfield Cup favourite and $13 Melbourne Cup favourite.

Boss announced that he would be returning to New South Wales in a statement on Thursday afternoon.

"The changing landscape of the world we live in at present sees my quarantine period in the Northern Territory cut short and I will be returning to Sydney with immediate effect," Boss said.

"I have the utmost respect for our state and territory governments that manage the risks associated with border travel and the health and welfare of the communities that reside within those is paramount.

"I am extremely grateful to the connections of Incentivise who have afforded me the flexibility to make every possible endeavor to relocate to Melbourne this Spring.

"I am eagerly looking forward to my return to Sydney where I am focused and determined for success ahead of what promises to be a wonderful Spring Carnival."

Edited by Gay3 - 26 Aug 2021 at 5:47pm
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 5:47pm
Kicked out? What is the story there? The way he said it sounded like he had chosen to go back to NSW. Which never really made much sense since it would mean he had wasted everyone’s time. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 5:50pm
Racenet: Boss has been at the Howard Springs facility however it is understood Northern Territory officials had a change of heart after initially accepting him into the centre.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 5:52pm
TBH I don’t blame them. What was his application based on? Permanently moving to Victoria right? Which of course was a load of gelati since he would no doubt have moved back as soon as the carnival was over. 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 6:33pm
He was in Howard Springs with his wife. Said they were moving to Melbourne because their kids live in Melbourne still. Initial application for an exemption of moving from NSW to Vic was rejected.
Approved to go to NT on Monday, arrived Tuesday but given current situation worsening in Sydney the NT government have cancelled all applications and sent those from NSW back.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 2:21pm
Brett Prebble confirmed as ride for entire spring preparation. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 2:21pm

Melbourne Cup-winning jockey Brett Prebble will take the reins on boom stayer Incentivise after champion hoop Glen Boss was ruled out due to complications with getting into Victoria.

Managing owner Steve Tregea confirmed the move, saying Prebble will ride his former horse in the Group 1 Makybe Diva Stakes in two weeks time as he builds towards a Caulfield and Melbourne Cup campaign.

Tregea revealed Jamie Kah’s name was raised in discussions but was quickly ruled out after a Covid-19 breach on Wednesday night saw her suspended.

“That’s it, I left it up to (trainer) Peter (Moody) and then we talked about it yesterday and settled on Brett,” Tregea said.

“We thought he’d be the man, we talked about Jamie Kah as well but obviously with what’s happened she can’t.

“We were never going to have any trouble finding anyone, it is a matter of finding someone everyone wanted.

“I imagine he (Prebble) will want to stay on him going forward if he comes out and runs well.”

Incentivise is rated favourite for both the Melbourne Cup ($11) and Caulfield Cup ($7) with TAB and is nominated to trial against Group 1 winners Explosive Jack and Sir Dragonet over 1190m at Cranbourne on Monday morning.

Prebble’s booking comes as he continues his resurgence in the jockeys’ ranks after finding his best form since returning to Australia from Hong Kong in late 2018.

He recently put his sensational form down to new Sydney-based manager Liam Prior who also manages Boss, Nash Rawiller and Michael Walker.

“He’s not only good with my work, but he keeps me in a good headspace which is important. He understands,” Prebble said.

Prebble won the Melbourne Cup in 2012 aboard the Lloyd Williams-owned Green Moon in a hit-and-run mission from Hong Kong, however he has never won a Caulfield Cup.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 2:22pm
Snap!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 12:14am
Could not have made a better decision myself ClapThumbs UpBeer
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 5:06pm
reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

They're not running time at E Farm anymore, he broke 2-30 but to be a cups horse he has to go 2-27 at least, has he got another 18 lengths up his sleeve? That's the question.

That was going to be my question today. I've never seen the horse race. I did not look at Brisbane form at all this year. All I can see is the incredible winning margins in the form guide I'm looking at now. Do his times in any of these races look anywhere near as astonishing as the margins?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 6:54pm
Convinced now?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 6:56pm
Still trying to run on his QLD leg, look at the way got around the corner. 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 6:57pm
Looked vulnerable at the 150m, then showed plenty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 6:59pm
When he works it all out, he will be bombproof
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:02pm
Incentivise - i wonder if his rating will go up now due to that G1 Makybe Diva Stakes win which could mean more weight for the Cups 
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:03pm
waiting for Jamal to whinge about Aussie racing being dead....
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:03pm
Looked gone, Tofane eyeballed him and he said nope and kicked hard. Super win.
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:13pm
Thought it was at least 200m too short.  But no he just likes to win.  Hope Moody knows the treat he gets to make him keep it up.  Certainly his Grandsire Snitzel had a wonderful day on the track.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:19pm
Moody and Steve chat regularly so no doubt he’s getting the best of attention 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Incentivise - i wonder if his rating will go up now due to that G1 Makybe Diva Stakes win which could mean more weight for the Cups 

Well of course his rating will go up Jamal, probably by about 8 kgs.  And that'll presumably influence the weight he's given in the Cups.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>