Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Incentivise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 1:19pm
SC, and this is the last I'll say on the matter, Incentivise went to go around her she pulled off the fence and Prebble eased taking a sit. It's clear as day there on the replay. I have no doubt whatsoever that had Persan taken a sit on the back of Incentivise he would've finished the race off better. Not knocking the horse at all, just saying as an owner I'd be questioning her tactics. Now maybe Meech didn't realise there'd be room for Incentivise on her back and by coming off the fence she would've forced him to go around and give her cover anyway. It's quite possible that was her thinking. Judging by the horse having a good blow after the race a sit would've been a much better option.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

It's would have been hard to take a sit behind Incentivise given he was always behind Persan.  If Meech eases, Prebble eases too.  That's not rocket science either.

Here's what Ciaron had to say:

Hi Allan and Cheryl,

It was an incredibly emotional weekend for the stable, with the passing of 2020 Cox Plate winner Sir Dragonet on Saturday morning casting a long shadow over Saturday's racing.

Group 1 Caulfield Cup, 2400m

PERSAN (3rd)

An excellent performance from PERSAN who seems to always save his best for these big races. He stuck to his task to stay on a hot speed and showed everyone what a brave horse he is in these big G1 races.  Linda mentioned he was having a good blow after the line so his fitness will just improve from this run and that will put him in a great place condition-wise heading into the Melbourne Cup.

Did not deserve to be gelded.

reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 7:20am
Sportsbet already paying out on the certain Melbourne Cup win.Clap
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 5:25pm
Bloody hell this horses thread was shuffled all the way back to page 3 - WTF ?

Anyway, not good news. Injury concerns. Hopefully he is fine for the Autumn. 

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 5:43pm
Thanks djebel Thumbs Up

Incentivise injured in Melbourne Cup

Beaten Melbourne Cup favourite Incentivise emerged from Tuesday's race with an injury to his near foreleg.

Racing Victoria stewards announced om Tuesday night that the Peter Moody stable reported it had discovered Incentivise has a small amount of swelling to his near foreleg upon cooling down.

The Caulfield Cup winner has been examined by the stable vet and his condition will be assessed over the next few days.

Incentivise started the $2.90 favourite before finishing second by four lengths to champion mare Verry Elleegant in Tuesday's race.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 5:56pm
A small amount of swelling thankfully doesn’t sound too serious.

Maybe a few return bouts with VE in the Rawson Stakes, Tancred &/or QE Stks in the autumn.

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 6:36pm
Hopefully he comes back a refreshed horse and not completely cooked. He has had a big campaign and a successful one at that and it took a very good horse in Verry Elleegsnt to beat him.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 6:42pm
For me , that's not a good read and I do hope I'm wrong for a number of reasons , he went far beyond his calling today ( according to his breeding page ) and was very gallant in defeat with the impost he had and was left a sitting duck , the next 48 hours will be crucial to what the " filling " and why it has arisen , he's gamer than Ned Kelly but the jock IMO is a little " trigger happy " for my liking , racing needs champs like he , spell well fella for you done your country proud. StarStarStar
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 10:46am

Connections of Melbourne Cup runner-up Incentivise are sweating on the results of a second set of scans after he pulled up lame following his gallant run for second as favourite in Tuesday’s race.

Managing owner Steve Tregea confirmed his home-bred superstar had suffered the injury in his fetlock area and displayed lameness shortly after the gruelling 3200m trip.

“He has inflammation in the near-side fetlock,” Tregea said.

“They scanned it and didn’t see a lot but there was inflammation and fluid there and he was lame so we will see what the second scan shows.

“It is not a CT scan, just a normal scan they use on pregnant mares to see under the skin. It is in the fetlock so they don’t really know what it is, they have iced it and wrapped it up but he was lame on it shortly after the race.

“When you are racing horses, these things are always on the cards. It is disappointing but you just have to cop these things.”

Incentivise was set for an extended spell as it was after a busy winter and spring but his Melbourne Cup setback now has his racing future unclear while they wait for veterinary analysis.

Incentivise has never shown signs of soreness like this after a race and it is the first time he has pulled up lame in his short but incredible career.

“He ducked out on the corner so I would say something has gone wrong there,” Tregea said.

“(Trainer) Peter (Moody) said he wasn’t lame immediately but soon after he was favouring that leg and had inflammation around it.”

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 2:01pm
Just hope its not serious and a rest will fix him.  If as speculated he did it on the turn, he fought on very bravely.
animals before people.
WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

For me , that's not a good read and I do hope I'm wrong for a number of reasons , he went far beyond his calling today ( according to his breeding page ) and was very gallant in defeat with the impost he had and was left a sitting duck , the next 48 hours will be crucial to what the " filling " and why it has arisen , he's gamer than Ned Kelly but the jock IMO is a little " trigger happy " for my liking , racing needs champs like he , spell well fella for you done your country proud. StarStarStar
As he doesn't have a sharp turn of foot, that is the way to ride him. Surge early and hold them off. It has worked and would still work against most horses in the world.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 2:51pm
Amazing that he held off the second and third horses after doing all that work and then injuring himself around the home turn.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by WarriSymbol WarriSymbol wrote:

As he doesn't have a sharp turn of foot, that is the way to ride him. Surge early and hold them off. It has worked and would still work against most horses in the world.
Warrisymbol you have been watching a different horse to me , that's all I can say .Wink

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 3:23pm
The mile race at Flemington he ran the last 600 under 34 sec. and being attacked from all sides against WFA company , the way they ride him you'll never see a " Bernborough finish " , that's for the backmarkers , when he cut loose in the CC win he left em for dead , he had a special kind of sprint mate , at 2 mile with his weight and in front at the 1\2 mile he was gassed at the furlong , a sitting duck for a champion mare to pluck ! LOL and she did , imo we may not see this horse for 12 months ..... maybe never unless xrays say otherwise. cheers.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm
Carioca I was really confident about Verry Elleegant on Tuesday and less confident about this boy because it felt like the Cup was an after thought . He’d come from nowhere and his preparation was like “ well try him in this and see what happens” instead of a planned prep leading up to peaking on Tuesday. He actually went better than I thought he would and it’s a shame if it’s stuffed him.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 5:07pm
I believe it may have been an after thought too Baguette , there's no doubt being swept up in the win of the Caulfield Cup and the big one just around the corner the " let's have a throw at the stumps " IF the run hasn't hurt him came into play , I keep saying it but really he was crucified by carpenter but that's my honest opinion , compressed weights now have turned handicapping on its head in a way , if I wasn't so mesmerised by the two youngsters in the Cox Plate I may have spotted VE a lot sooner , her best work was late and it proved to be true , Incentivise was beaten by a champion , by no means disgraced , cheers Baguette. 
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 5:14pm
'he was crucified by carpenter but that's my honest opinion'

I think connections absolutely effed it up if they wanted to win the Melb Cup.

He could have been pitched into that race much lighter if they chose a different path.  They got the wins along the way but left it dry for the big one
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 5:20pm
Who foregoes $3m to hopefully win $4.4m?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 5:23pm
We all recognise how well hindsight works but when it's all boiled down, we're talking about a horse in its' 1st serious race preparation - he had one start in the initial prep.
No matter how 'big & strong' they appear to be, it's asking a hellova a lot to expect 12 high class efforts in one campaign (March - Nov.) which I'm sure his close connections are now aware of.
If he never races again it'll still have been worthwhile to have won what he did, similar to a Golden Slipper winner, you can sacrifice longevity for initial huge prizemoney & much more in the case of a GS victor.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 5:26pm
Point taken Sir Gov Wink there was a 1700 metre race the same day as the mile WFA , they run in that and win ...no penalty , granted , media were spruiking a rule change about penalty for the mile but that rule was changed again to make it a penalty race ( Ma. Diva) , so they left themselves open , hypothetical , if he won the Caulfield Cup in a more devastating fashion what penalty would he have got for the MC ? 3-5KG...4KG..or 4-5 KG , like Even Stevens ? 

Edited by Gay3 - 03 Nov 2021 at 5:50pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 5:31pm
Moody repeatedly stated to all who'd listen that the CC was his grand final & target race, not forgetting he also said the CC run was the 1st he'd 'felt' & why he'd definitely not be backing up in the Cox Plate.
The signs were there & needed heeding but.....................we're all human & they are but horses.
By contrast, VE has now had 9 runs this year & only 5 this prep. (ref. to above post)

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 5:36pm
Read your post Gay3 , I should have headed my post to Sir Gov to whom I was addressing . 
Easily fixed & the few typos at the same time Wink

Edited by Gay3 - 03 Nov 2021 at 5:51pm
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 5:49pm
Had he not won the Makybe Diva Stakes at G1 WFA level then his I itial Cups weight isn't 55.5kg. 
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 6:36pm
Might be a sesamoid? What a shame, I read one of the tipsters reviewing the race commented he thought the horse was a year off being able to handle such a taxing race. He may have been spot on Confused
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 6:59pm
I had been dreading this outcome , sesamoid or suspensory , hope it's only talk Sister Dot .Cry
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 7:04pm

Read your post Gay3 , I should have headed my post to Sir Gov to whom I was addressing . 
Easily fixed & the few typos at the same time Wink
Thanks mate , I need glasses LOL with some fountain of youth juice . Smile
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 6:08am
Could it be Incentivise is suffering similar injuries to what Black Caviar was prior to her Royal assault ?
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 9:21am
Black Caviar may have been muscular , Incentivise's problem is in an area of much more concern imo.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:27pm
Just watched a very heart warming scenario of Incentivise having a swim at Moody's setup on twitter , the runs pulled it out of him but to see no leg bandages on was a good sign the filling may have subsided and " jarring up " could be the culprit , somebody with far greater tech. nous maybe able to bring it up on Moody's twitter page .
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 2:00pm
Just been announced on Racing.com that he has come through the race okay, no soundness issues. Off to the paddock a sound, happy, healthy horse.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 21>