Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

IS ANYONE COLD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IS ANYONE COLD?
    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:14pm
 It was only 10.3 degrees in Sydney, today, after an overnight temp of 7.  

We have three heaters going in our two bedroom flat, and I'm still freezing. I only get out of bed to get cups of tea or soup and go to the bathroom. We ordered in pizza for lunch, because it's too cold on the kitchen floor to stand there and cook. 

I am contemplating going to a hotel, to access some warmth.

Can someone speed up global warming...

Unhappy 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:15pm
I grew up in Ballarat, that's a heatwave. Wink

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:16pm
 haha.

I used to love the cold, when I was a ski-fiend...

now I want to move to the Bahamas...

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

It was only 10.3 degrees in Sydney, today, after an overnight temp of 7.  

We have three heaters going in our two bedroom flat, and I'm still freezing. I only get out of bed to get cups of tea or soup and go to the bathroom. We ordered in pizza for lunch, because it's too cold on the kitchen floor to stand there and cook. 

I am contemplating going to a hotel, to access some warmth.

Can someone speed up global warming...

Unhappy 
The global warming comment is spot on JJ. I have stated similar on numerous occasions in the Global Warming thread. Always gets a reaction from the usual suspects.....the alarmists LOL 
Refer ALP Election Promises
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:38pm
Ha ha,  Its been sleating here this arvo and I can see its snowing on The Tops and we are getting the wind off it now. 
One of our trusty members is weekending in a camper van in the Valley, near the wineries.  They will need plenty of bottles of port to keep them from freezing LOLThumbs Up
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:38pm
Well you'll get another rise out of me 11.  If only to suggest yet again that some apparently don't know the difference between climate and weather.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:39pm
Was as cold as a witch’s tit here this morning. 6 I think. But it’s brisbane so probably not much to complain about in the scheme of things. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:40pm
 it exists...but you have to understand that global warming also causes extremes of weather in the polar opposite...Thumbs Up

Sydney's coldest June day in 122 years...and I'm over it.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:41pm
Its 8.9c at present and going down to below 5 tonight.  I bet Slowdown is doing a shiver in his neck of the woods.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Ha ha,  Its been sleating here this arvo and I can see its snowing on The Tops and we are getting the wind off it now. 
One of our trusty members is weekending in a camper van in the Valley, near the wineries.  They will need plenty of bottles of port to keep them from freezing LOLThumbs Up

my younger daughter rang me up a week ago, to ask if I'd mind her cats while she and her friends went camping this weekend. 

My answer to that request is unprintable...Censored  She is now grateful I declined.

Have you ever noticed that school camping trips to the Blue Mountains are often held at this time of year. Then someone goes missing/ has a fall and has to be rescued. 

How do people's brains work?

Ouch

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:06pm
 wow...they were just reporting on the extent of the snowfalls in the Blue Mountains, and they showed the main street of Leura...and guess what?

the lolly shop on the corner is still there. 
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Its 8.9c at present and going down to below 5 tonight.  I bet Slowdown is doing a shiver in his neck of the woods.
LOL, worked last night in Launceston in til 1 am. we have been getting the wild weather here too. i can tell you the wind chill factor made it awful. we  had to put 6 loops in at an intersection. I was glad when the final one was finished. drove home arriving around 1.45 am to find a huge white gum across the road around 500m from home. got out and walked and rang the council who cleaned it up. then had to go and get the vehicle and trailer with thousands of bucks of gear on the back . i think tonight will be better plus I have my wife  back beside me tonight to keep me warm. Smile
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:25pm
Great to see your wife is back home Slowdown.

And nothing like a bit of shared body heat at night when it's bloody near freezing with gale force winds straight off the Antarctic.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:26pm
Ive got puppy classes tonight and I don't want to go out.  But last class warmed me up and exhausted me so maybe a good thing.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

I grew up in Ballarat, that's a heatwave. Wink

Agreed Shawy LOL  as posted earlier our feels like was 2.2 but at long last, it's warmed a tad to 3.3C
LOL
I notice the worldwide media & BOM releases are mentioning 'climate change' more regularly than 'global warming', I wonder why Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:32pm
 At least I'm not in Melbourne, with all that storm damage and electricity outings...

the poor buggers must be freezing, unless they have polluting wood fires.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

[QUOTE=Shawy38] I notice the worldwide media & BOM releases are mentioning 'climate change' more regularly than 'global warming', I wonder why Confused  

Are they?  If so, this is maybe why:

Although some people tend to use these terms interchangeably, global warming is just one aspect of climate change. “Global warming” refers to the rise in global temperatures due mainly to the increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. “Climate change” refers to the increasing changes in the measures of climate over a long period of time – including precipitation, temperature, and wind patterns.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Was as cold as a witch’s tit here this morning. 6 I think. But it’s brisbane so probably not much to complain about in the scheme of things. 

I have twice nearly emigrated to your neck of the woods. First time was scuttled after nine holes of golf at Victoria Park golf course, in Summer. I sweated off five kilos of fluid and gave up on the back nine, fearing I'd die. Back then, I played golf twice a week, so it was an issue in my decision not to go. 

A local told me it only took him seventeen years to adapt to the humidity. Ouch

The second thought of emigrating was a year ago....but the prospect of seeing Anna P's face on tv, all the time, was too distressing.  "It's great to be a Queenslander..." makes me want to put a fist through the screen...

after last night, I'm prepared to re-embrace my love of my home state...despite the cold...

Heart

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:52pm
It is a bit chilly, especially if you're in the wind, but if I could have another 3 months of today at the expense of summer I would. I love cold sunny days. Not so keen on cold cloudy days but they are still better than stinking hot humid days.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 8:54pm
Now its flogging down rain thats almost but not quite hail.

You will be right tonight then Slowdown for some body heatThumbs Up and a warm body to stick your cold feet on Big smile

animals before people.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 8:58pm
Sounds like a much better night for you slowdown.Thumbs Up

And as I can't get outside  and the fire has been going all day, not  cold here...Big smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:02pm
 we have plotted our meals for the next few (freezing) days...

cream of vegetable soup, tonight...

cream of mushroom soup, tomorrow night...

cream of tomato soup on Saturday night... all home-made and all served with crusty hot herb bread.

We used all the meat in the Stroganoff we had, last night, and it's too cold to go shopping for more...but we have plenty of vegetables and cream...

Ermm 
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:14pm
Our power was off overnight & it was a tad chilly. Earliest night I've had in a long while with nothing to do. Even the mobile networks are down so there was no internet whatsoever. The Ausnet advice was telling us it would be out till Sunday arvo, we were mighty relieved when it all sprang back to life this arvo.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:18pm
 this is where torches and books come back into popularity...Wink

we have battery-powered lamps and torches in every room, just in case of a blackout...

we've had plenty...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:20pm
Ha Ha, I have a good supply of candles set into saucers with matches on the side, just in case. 
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:23am
 However cold it was, yesterday, this morning beats it, hands down. 

With every heating device we possess, going, it's like a tomb in my home.

I can remember a few col winters when I was growing up, where you had to sleep with your head under the blanket, for warmth, but this one is bone-biting...

or maybe I'm getting old...

Thumbs Down
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:01am
We were a bit warmer this morning. Yesterday at 7AM it was 4C. Today it was a balmy 6C.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:36pm
I do not know why all of you are complaining about the cold weather, it is winter. If you live in the tropics 4 degrees in winter is freezing but 32 degrees in summer is fine, however if you live in Tasmania 4 degrees is par for the course in winter, but 32 degrees in summer would be a heatwave. 
I assume most live by choice in their present location, not much is achieved by complaining ,relocate if you are not happy, unless you are in the slammer, then might have a reason for complaint.Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:26pm
 Sydney people, living where I do, are not really prepared for this level of cold. The last few winters have been mild and I barely had the heater on.  

I'll take 32 degrees, any day.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 8:41pm
 I gave up the fight. I'm in a hotel for at least a week...possibly two. It's lovely and warm. I have a spa bath and I can get a hot breakfast, without having to freeze in my kitchen.

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply