Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why Can’t My Granddaughter Wear a Dress to School?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Why Can’t My Granddaughter Wear a Dress to School?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:48am
Pants were only invented for horse riding in Ancient Greece but were dropped pretty quickly. They were resurrected in China in the 10th century and in Britain for women in the 19th century, again for horse riding.

As we dont do much horse riding any more in general, it is probably time to get everyone back into skirts are they were historically meant to be.

Has anyone called the education department to see whether this is a rogue principal or is it to be department policy? I would suggest the former. I have seen some principals under stress do some strange things.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Yes AA , they are there to educate and mentor the child , not confuse their mind with this utter rubbish that has crept into the basics of learning of the last twenty years , their are certain people who push push and push this crap towards our young that has f...k all to do with education .!! Ouch

Girls don't come out of the womb wanting to wear dresses - they've been pushed.Wink
Some women are too posh to push Confused so what's your point .Smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:46pm
Why Can’t My Granddaughter Wear a Dress to School?

BECAUSE SHE'S A BOY =    Hahahahaha
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:09pm

Any chance this letter in today's press  explains the reason, if NSW like Victoria .....

"Having spent more than three decades in Victorian primary classroom teaching from the 1970s to 2003, the transformation of both the content of the curriculum and the teaching styles advocated in 2021 are mind-boggling. Dominated by an entrenched Marxist-designed platform, Victorian public primary education is focused more on left wing indoctrination, non competitive physical activity, social inclusiveness and personal development. Academic achievement is almost a distraction. Within senior classrooms you will not find weekly spelling tests, no dictation or comprehension exercises, no rote learning of multiplication tables, little formal handwriting practice and negligible discussion of current affairs."

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:27pm
Total bullshyte from a troglodyte.  And how would he know, being out of teaching for 18 years?  The type of nonsense you'd expect from the late (of this site) and totally unlamented Stayer.

Spoken as I do as one with a double digit number of current and retired teachers as friends or acquaintances, including three principals, who for the main part have totally different perspectives.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:52pm
 certain teachers pushed left wing propaganda at my daughter's school. She came home and informed me that the students were told not to repeat what was being discussed, to their parents. My daughter was brought up in a family which keeps an open mind on politics, so she didn't follow that instruction and 'blabbed'. When I queried what was happening, at the principal's office, she disclaimed all knowledge. But another teacher, who used to be a psychologist...and was a good friend of mine...revealed that there was definitely a left-wing element in the staff who were attempting to brainwash the kids. 

I have two schoolteachers in my close family. They report that this goes on all the time. 

About time they got back to teaching what they should and leave kids to make up their own minds. 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:02pm
 I can't even begin to tell how many times I've had to correct misconceptions my children have come home with, from school...even to one teacher telling my eldest that the Beatles were ' total rubbish'. Cry

it's taken ten years of endlessly playing my albums, to convince her they aren't. Evil Smile

They have too much power over our children. 

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:06pm
All part of the 'great reset' Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Total bullshyte from a troglodyte.  And how would he know, being out of teaching for 18 years?  The type of nonsense you'd expect from the late (of this site) and totally unlamented Stayer.

Spoken as I do as one with a double digit number of current and retired teachers as friends or acquaintances, including three principals, who for the main part have totally different perspectives.
From you post I would assume all your teaching acquittances are in the private sector and not in public schools. If that is the case, your are most likely correct.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:10pm
Better hope no one 'grammar Nazis' that post Bob. LOL
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

From you post I would assume all your teaching acquittances are in the private sector and not in public schools. If that is the case, your are most likely correct.

tell me you didn't attend the same school as Eddie McGuire...

Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:44pm
Eddie McGuire attended a Catholic school I am a not a Catholic , that may answer your question.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Going by the following article in this morning's press it looks like I have gone off a bit too early assuming private schools are immune from left wing indoctrination and social inclusiveness .

"Students at Ivanhoe Grammar are wearing rainbow-themed clothes on Monday instead of school uniform in order to protest against homophobia, interphobia and biphobia.

The elite private school ( a second tier private school, rather than elite  )  is among hundreds of Victorian schools, colleges, councils and organisations marking IDAHOBIT Day.

The International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia aims to raise awareness of the issues faced by LGBTIQ+ people in the community. What will they come up with next ? Your guess is as good as mine as  long as it has  some obscure cause to suit an agenda.

Ivanhoe Grammar students were asked to come to school dressed in pride colours and make a gold-coin donation. Students of the co-ed school were asked to dress appropriately and ensure they did not show bare midriffs or piercings.

The move reflects schools across the state demonstrating support for gender diverse students.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:57pm
I've got Phobophobia.Sick
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:06am
Political correctness gone mad in NSW, stopping Sikh boys carrying knives to school.Angry I say boys without knowing anything about Sikhs - just a wild and crazy guess that this essential religious right never extended to girls.

Simon Cameron

Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:05pm
The Sikh question will cause the politically corrects of the world great distress Taz. In fact I predict their heads will probably explode. Always a possibility when the simple minded are confronted with a problem and they don’t know which side to be on! Sikh boys ( and it is only boys) carrying knives is both sexist ( bad) and a symbol of their religion ( very bad ). But Sikhs are definitely a minority( good) and tend to have dark skin ( very good) . The poor PC brigade won’t know who to be offended at!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:52pm
I know Sikhs are into bananas in a big way - good.

Simon Cameron

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 5:46pm
They always step up  to help during times of disasters too.  Like last years bushfires and this years floods.  But if boys can carry kives, why cant girls ??? Confused
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:40pm
 Sikhs go on the Amazing Race, too. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 7:17pm
I grew up with Sikhs my best friends at school, 6 of them all cousins, all with the name Singh. They all had arranged marriages so followed their faith and customs which included the so called 5 Ks. 

All wore a metal bangle, some had the wooden comb, none wore the tradition linen underwear, none had uncut hair and and while all owned one,  none brought a dagger to school.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12