Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

US Politics / Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US Politics / Issues
    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:28pm
With over TBV 10,000 pages on US issues ( Trump, Biden &  George Floyd ) it makes me wonder why they have such an interest to Australians, I cannot recall that much interest in the UK, China.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:39pm
Another thread should help Tongue
Time is a flat circle
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:05pm
10,000?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:23pm
It is a fair point. A few on here are a "bit" biased towards sticking it up the yanks. And yet they are the first one we would turn to for help if we encountered Yellow Peril. Why is that ? 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:36pm
So why should that stop the poster putting in an unbiased mention if something not quite right in his opinion 1-1 . Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:12am
What you mean like the 20 plus anti US threads that have pervaded this place over the past few years Carioca ? Obsessive to say the least i would have thought. And its still going on Confused
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:15am

I mean i could never be accused of labouring a point LOL
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:21am
Arrr,  they just cant cope with the Yanks being over paid , over sexed, and over here.  LOL
animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:26am
But yes.    Some here just dont like the yanks.
I say,,,thank god for the yanks when the Japs were heading our way.

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:06am
So let me get this right, the people accused of being anti America under the former corrupt administration who support Biden still hate America because Biden doesn't represent America?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:13am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

What you mean like the 20 plus anti US threads that have pervaded this place over the past few years Carioca ? Obsessive to say the least i would have thought. And its still going on Confused

The latest is this Matt Gaetz fella..lLOL who gives a flying F about him. Those who are obsessive and demented seem to think it’s important reporting it to us here.
Miramar or India  anyone.?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:41am
Goes both ways really though Shrunk. If PT didn't make these threads you'd have nothing to talk sh1t about LOL.

"Who gives a flying F about him" - you've brought him up twice now in threads that aren't about him so either you do OR you just trying to get a rise out of PT.
Time is a flat circle
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:25pm

I didn't start em 1-1 LOL just a small contribution LOL coulda said something about folau , nah not worth it . LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:22pm
There is only one reason there are thousands of pages on it.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:32pm
 I'm interested in America because all of my books are set there. I spent a goodly amount of time in the country, researching locations, background etc. 

I also have friends in NY, San Diego, Long Beach, Holiday Island Arkansas, Florida, North Carolina and a recently passed away dear friend, who lived in Ashland, Oregon. 

So, their welfare and their political persuasion interests me. The North Carolina lady is a firm Republican and Trump admirer, so I'm not discriminatory...

Hug

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:42pm
It’s quite simple, the USA is still the leader of the free world. Their culture drives the worlds culture. Everything about them influences the rest of the world. Their economy, military, sports, culture, music. Everything. So it’s quite normal for people around the word to take a keep interest in what is happening there politically. Only the ostriches of the world would not be able to see this. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 3:06pm
I have only happy memories of America in bygone days , music , actors and sublime entertainers , sport and everything in between , but that bloody horse named Nonconformist keeps coming to mind of late , I hope Joe can calm the waters.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 3:24pm
Nonconformist, to what?
Your way of thinking?
How are you going to account for the "rampaging' women?
Hornets nest.
Not that i am saying stuff needs to happen but everyone wants a platform and unfortunately its not quietly.
Reminds me of Meg and Harry going very public on their very private issues.
All very confusing.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 3:54pm
Go and play on the road , may I suggest parramatta ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

It’s quite simple, the USA is still the leader of the free world. Their culture drives the worlds culture. Everything about them influences the rest of the world. Their economy, military, sports, culture, music. Everything. So it’s quite normal for people around the word to take a keep interest in what is happening there politically. Only the ostriches of the world would not be able to see this. 
To be fair though - bit of a difference between "take an interest" & 20 plus threads all making the same convoluted point that everything is America fault.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:35pm
C'mon lads and lassies...

There are a couple of us on TBV who live over there. Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:35pm
I don’t think anyone has posted anything of the sort OneOne. In any event though, who are we to judge what forum topics people are interested in? It’s no different to Jamal posting a dozen different threads about WA horse. Whatever tickles your fancy!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:36pm

Exactly - in Vegas no less. I love that place Brudder. Cheers Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 5:01pm
Yes and Passing Through tickles his incessantly....
I would guess far more than Jamal.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 5:16pm
And what do you delude yourself that you are?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 5:50pm
Not a political tragic.
 Staying sane.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 5:59pm
If you were any better you wouldn't be down here throwing insults at lefties.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:17pm

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

To be fair though - bit of a difference between "take an interest" & 20 plus threads all making the same convoluted point that everything is America fault.

we don't think EVERYTHING is America's fault, though certainly Hollywood has a lot to answer for...influencing society in a detrimental way...

We do feel sorry that there are so many misinformed voters who don't understand that putting a cheezil into office has now lowered the world's once high opinion of both them and their country...

there's a lot of repair work needed...

Ouch
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:23pm
Everywhere I've been in the US was fantastic. Everywhere but Hollywood LOL
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:25pm
Agree TJM. Isnt Hollywood Blvd a dump! Actually most of LA fits that description. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>