Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

ALDERFLUG (Ger.)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALDERFLUG (Ger.)
    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:20pm
Starting a new thread as I'm sure Ticino will have plenty to add. What a loss to the industry Cry

Sad to hear of the death of Adlerflug. A proper stallion from the incredible family of Anatevka, which includes Allegretta, Urban Sea, Galileo et al. Champion sire in Germany in 2020, he had been set to cover his biggest book of mares this year. A real blow to German breeding

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:42am
Hello,
as the old proverb said "Bad News Travel fast".

I was pretty shocked, when I read at your countries official website "Deutscher Galopp", Adlerflug died aged 17 years (NH). According their report, he was found dead in his box (late afternoon, 5. April 21), after he had started to show great restlessness a hour before. An official reason for his dead wasn't published yet. 

Last season he the Sire of the German Derby winner "In Swoop" and his runner up "Torquator Tasso".
In Swoop was later secondplaced in the "Arc" and "Torquator Tasso" won the "Grosser Preis von Berlin (Gr.1, 2400 meter). of course there some planning for the raqce sason 2021, but which the sudden death of thier Sire, it could be possible, they will send to stud, too.

Adlerflug was from the "Alya" (a FS of Allegretta) branch of "Anatevka" branch from the Alveole family and it's one of the long established line of the "Maid of Masham" family in Germany

Adlerflug has so far 2 sons at stud, "Ito", his first crop will be foaled this season and "Iquitos" likewise.

More info during the next days.

best regards from Germany, Ticino
 Post Reply Post Reply