Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Darley 2021/22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Darley 2021/22
    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:06pm

Ghaiyyath & Earthlight to Victoria

Pinatubo & Bivouac to NSW

No sign of Night of Thunder returning.

Edited by Gay3 - 20 Apr 2022 at 4:20pm
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 6:02pm
And people wonder why Australia cannot produce good stayers (or enough )
how can breeders even choose alternate sire Lines when the only stock to choose from is speed, but then thats all to be expected of course, protecting their turf(overseas interests) by keeping ALL the BEST staying blood and sending us the dregs, as they did mid to late 20th century with a few notable exceptions and if they make a mistake, as in Danehill, stand them back there, that and then plunder our staying races,and here is a case in point ( I am doing all the SW's for my DB and in the Metropolitan Handicap for instance, since 2006 there has been 9 NH bred winners )
Too many Stallions come here, stay for 2-3 seasons at most then go home, and end up NH Sires, whilst the progeny they left in Oz, are pretty competitive ala Excelebration, etc etc etc
Races from 1600m up are the best from a spectator point and an enthusiast In My opinion

Edited by Take2 - 16 Mar 2021 at 6:08pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 6:06pm
Ghaiyyath is likely to be a stamina influence and Pinatubo AND Earthlight despite being grand 2yos and sprinters should also get their fair share of miler plus horses.

Edited by djebel - 16 Mar 2021 at 6:07pm
reductio ad absurdum
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 6:28pm
Djebel, with all due respect, I feel that the best any of these stallions will get will be  1600-2000m horses, and they still have to be compatible with our broodmare stock,  shamardal's sons have had their chances here, and havent really lived up to their promise here as they have overseas
fiorente, americaine,toronado, and adelaide were probably the best chance oz has had for a long time in getting back to breeding good solid horses that we had before the madness of the late 50's mid 60's and since, fiorente has taken time to hit his straps and now they are showing promise americaine, doesn't appear to have fitted, toronado going well atm and adelaide starting to fire.
i reckon a danehill grandson will fly the flag for us in The Autumn Sun, his female line oozes strength and distance again in my opinon
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 7:03pm
Ghaiyyath: World's highest rated racehorse... Cartier horse of the year... dregs. LOL
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:16pm
perhaps you should read again re hare, they did keep their best staying blood and  they did send us the dregs second raters and the like for years and years
i never said the newbies are dregs
the likes of most of the stallions that came out in the 50's and 60's, ala meadow mist  and similar didnt do any good to ur stock
star kingdom probably ended up here as a mistake as a  lot were
for too long we were little more than a dumping ground

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:17pm
What were those stallions of the late 50s and mid 60s Take2 , I'm curious .
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:19pm
Everywhere is the dumping ground.

Nobody is ever going to give away their best stock.

Shuttling has obviously changed that.

The likes of Americain and other out and out stayers where never going to improve our stamina stock, maybe their daughters will eventually.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Better Boys, Noble Bijou and the like.

We never got the top class racers down here.

We got Star Kingdom they got Abernant. 
reductio ad absurdum
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:34pm
thanks djebel
we got horses that they thought would never make it
there was one glaring exception other than danehill, who could have been absolutely anything and that is adraan, stood here one year and died i think and left something like 20 winners from foals only counted under 30, but again he probably came here due to a misjudgement by the experts
to see the esteem that our racing is held in by (some) overseas, there is a  trainer who  said something along the lines of "theres a stakes race every weekend in australia" on a video without qualifying the statement, by saying australia is a big country, that is something like 30 times the size of england just left it at that to emphasise his point i believe

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:34pm
So what makes you think they would Ever send any stallion of quality here ? I didn't mention Star Kingdom , you did , only for Wootton we would not have got him ,  take 2 mentioned the madness of the late 50s and mid 60s , so what's Better Boy got to do with , I'm curious.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:04pm
the story re star king(dom) goes something like he was a pony like his granddad hyperion early on, in saying that i realise most horses make their size by maturity, ie runts grow into average size horses mostly
 i guess wooton saw something that the poms didn't and he was right, and was proved right again and again with the affinity of danehill and star kingdom, and that affinity  never better advertised than in redoute's choice
current supersire i am invincible is another that posesses star kingdom, which really proves how important he is was will be, and he along with sir t would probably be the 2 best sires since the days of midstream magpie and the like
in my opinion it is the "madness of the 50's and 60's" that is the reason that we cannot consistently produce quality horse capable of winning classic races anywhere, from 1600 mtrs up ( we do it with speed but not stamina, more the pity)

Edited by Take2 - 16 Mar 2021 at 9:09pm

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:29pm
For the last 70 years we have lived of the kiwis for staying blood and if we go back further the purchase of a Night Raid colt in NZ around the late 20s we could make that a 100 years , without the the great Foxbridge even the kiwis may have been down on their great locals, we were thin on the ground when I was very young , Delville Wood , Nilo , Midstream ( bless his soul ) Gaewars Pride , Edwardsii , and a number of French stallions Genetout , Bois Rousell ( spell check) and Brughal , too many , I've forgotten.
ps , I have the Star Kingdom story, ( a special edition ) I treasure it fwiw.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Actually , we got Star Kingdom , they Had Abernant .LOL
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Actually , we got Star Kingdom , they Had Abernant

Very droll carioca

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:38pm
LOLLOL Yes I know Take 2 , just take it as a bit of fun , sometimes I do feel I'm a little harsh with djebel lol  , I'm sure he takes little notice , and well he should. Smile
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:54pm
The kiwis got Sir Tristram cheap didnt they ? And once safe in NZ no one wanted a share in him.    Cry
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 11:06pm
Had him on my mind only minutes ago . LOLLOL
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 12:19am
Pinatubo $44,000
Ghaiyyath $27,500
Earthlight $22,000

Ghaiyyath is priced to serve 200+ and cut a significant patch or Toronado’s grass.

The other two have definitely got a Shamardal mark up. Still, very aggressive pricing from Darley this season.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:34pm
Exosphere, Sepoy and Ribchester all notable absentees from the Darley Australia website.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:44pm
Thought Ribchester was in NZ?
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 12:33am
Yes, Ribchester is in NZ at Haunui Farm.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 4:21pm

NEW SOUTH WALES

EXCEED AND EXCEL $132,000

STREET BOSS $77,000

BIVOUAC $66,000

LONHRO $55,000

PALACE PIER $55,000

PINATUBO $55,000

TOO DARN HOT $44,000

MICROPHONE  $33,000

VICTOR LUDORUM $24,750

HARRY ANGEL $16,500

ASTERN $11,000

VICTORIA

BLUE POINT $44,000

BRAZEN BEAU $44,000

FROSTED $38,500

GHAIYYATH $27,500

EARTHLIGHT $22,000

IMPENDING $22,000

KERMADEC $16,500

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 12:11pm
Frosted staying at $38,500 is a bit Ermm given that he's #16 on the second-season sires list and well back of Star Turn, Flying Artie, and Xtravagant.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 12:16pm
That was my immediate thought also KM.  

And reckon they'll be more than happy to deal on Impending.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 3:58pm
And Brazen Bay is way overs also at $44k imo, with a career Australian AEI of only 1.17 and just 0.87 this season.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 5:22pm
he has been quiet that's for sure.  But he is a lovely looking horse.  When you see him for $44k Rebel Dane at $27K doesn't seem too bad.
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 12:02am
Obviously they've dropped Holler
oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 10:57am
territories punted after only serving 23 in 2021, served over a 100 in 2020, did he have issues in 2021 I do not remember hearing anything

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 10:05pm

Edited by djebel - 07 Nov 2023 at 10:08pm
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply