Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Royal Family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 8:59pm
Good stuff.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Tlaz & SC , by your comments  I guess both of you are anti royalists Do you think Australia should become a republic , and if you do, who would you suggest could be presidential candidates ?
Tim Costello,  Simon Holmes a Court , Yassmin Abel- Magied,  come to mind , who I think would probably  receive your endorsement..

I quite like our present absurd constitutional  monarchy so until someone can show me a republican model that improves on it I suppose I am a royalist.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 10:02pm
I tend to agree, have a look at some of the republics around the world today. Are they any better off than our parliamentary /constitutional monarchy ?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 10:26pm
There's several reasons why the Monarchy should continue.

Not the least of which being the continued future of Women's Weekly, Woman's Day, New Idea etc.  Unhappy  Stern Smile Wink
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Tlaz & SC , by your comments  I guess both of you are anti royalists Do you think Australia should become a republic , and if you do, who would you suggest could be presidential candidates ?
Tim Costello,  Simon Holmes a Court , Yassmin Abel- Magied,  come to mind , who I think would probably  receive your endorsement..

I quite like our present absurd constitutional  monarchy so until someone can show me a republican model that improves on it I suppose I am a royalist.

Agree. I like the tradition of it. And given that for all intents and purposes they play absolutely no role in any decision making I don’t see a reason to change. We are essentially a republic already, just that the “president” (GG) is appointed. 

And yeh yeh I know the GG is the queens representative and she is technically the head of state but for all practical purposes she’s not. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 9:53am

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

How out of touch do you think the Royal family can get?

This is where they decided to discuss the cost of living crisis

Who said he was discussing the cost of living, he is receiving a piece of paper, it could be about anything.

It is the Queen's speech, a 600 year tradition at the opening of each parliament. The speech comes from the govt and outlines their policies and objectives. Starts with a carriage ride to Commons and this ceremony.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 1:11pm

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

How out of touch do you think the Royal family can get?

This is where they decided to discuss the cost of living crisis

Who said he was discussing the cost of living, he is receiving a piece of paper, it could be about anything.

Because it is a televised event and that's one of the things he discussed while sitting there 
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 3:30pm
I think we can complain about them when we are still working into our 90's like the QUeen and Prince Phillip did.  Even Charles is over the retirement age.  Sure it's not manual work but it's constant attention and enough weirdo's trying to injure maim or kill them that I wouldn't want it in a million years.

Also you have seen The Crown haven't you.  Most of the places they live in aren't up to date at all with cold air etc, dated bathrooms, vermon etc all causing issues.  THey get the servants but no power.  They only serve the people they don't rule them.  They put there names out to raise money for different charities.  Anne I think is the hardest worker after her Mum but you rarely hear about her.

I even had a soft spot for Prince Phillip.  He was always putting his foot in his mouth because he didn't pander to everyone.  He said what he thought and like many people of his generation it was frowned upon.  But he also worked tirelessly for his wife.

It's a funny world they inhabit but I'd take the ones still working in England to the odd one out in the USA.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:10pm
#PrinceOfPegging

LOL
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:22pm
LOLLOL

Imagine being the person who has to explain "Pegging" to the Queen.
#PrinceOfPegging
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:24pm
 I'm betting that the human tampon won't have trouble explaining it to his mother. 

Surprised that it is Wills, though.

Edward always struck me as more the pegging type. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:28pm
Betty might be more ''open minded'' than you think. After all they are a weird bunch of in-breds.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:31pm
I have been enlightened today, I thought pegging was a cavalry sport of ancient origin, and is one of only ten equestrian disciplines . Used narrowly, the term refers to a specific mounted game with ground targets. More broadly, it refers to the entire class of mounted cavalry games involving pointed and edged weapons (lance and sword) on horseback, for which the term "equestrian skill-at-arms" is also used.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:41pm
 twitter is awash with jokes about it. I'm dying of laughter...

"It's kind of like leap frog, your majesty, but you don't quite make it over....for quite a while."

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:42pm
And it is a role reversal.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:44pm
And I pegged Joe Wright as a serial offender as soon as I read he stole lead on not just one but scores of occasions.  Smile

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Betty might be more ''open minded'' than you think. After all they are a weird bunch of in-breds.

I think Betty would be up to speed.

You never know what Pip got up to.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:49pm
If it is true it is a case of father like son.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:52pm
 it's livened up a dull day...

Wink
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 11:42pm

The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral after doctors became concerned for her health, Buckingham Palace says.

"Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen's doctors are concerned for Her Majesty's health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision," they said in a statement. 

"The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral."

Her immediate family has been informed.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 11:53pm
Charles and Camilla have arrived at Balmoral, William is enroute 
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 11:58pm
Not looking good.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 12:48am
All the Queen’s four children are now with her at Balmoral Castle. Along with her grandson, the Duke of Cambridge. This is a serious situation.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 1:01am
 a quote from the palace.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 2:27am
Sounds like they might be preparing
Time is a flat circle
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 3:41am
Not her day today, Improvise just pipped on the post in the last at Epsom. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:33am
The queen has died
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:35am
 A life to be admired, whether a Royalist or not.

Broken Heart

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:45am
 A major event happening and the ABC is still programming Rage.

Channel Ten still doing infomercials.

Only Channel Seven did a full coverage. 

Ridiculous. 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 8:50am
She has not been her industrious self since both loosing her husband and covid.  She might of copped with one but not both.  A life of service and love for her people.  And I feel sadder for the world without her in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>