Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Melbourne Premier Discussion Page 2021/2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Melbourne Premier Discussion Page 2021/2023
    Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 5:03pm
Am really looking forward to this sale, and with any luck might be able to secure 5 or 10% shares in one or two.

Just re the newbies:

. Thought Merchant Navy and Russian Revolution have been soft in the marketplace so far, so is there a bargain or two to be had at Oaklands?  Have marked three down.
. A couple by the UK/NZ shuttler Time Test yearlings look interesting.
. And believe there's a few nice Impending lots also.

Over to others.

Edited by Gay3 - 06 Mar 2023 at 2:20pm
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 5:57pm
Well it seems...

Anyway I've emailed six trainers expressing interest in five particular yearlings should they be the successful bidders.  The office/marketing personnel of three have thus far responded to my correspondence.
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 11:49pm
Good luck mate 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:16am
I haven't even had a chance to look at this sale yet!  It's been getting stronger over the last few years but still a good one for finding value.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:35pm
Here we go again.  Have secured a 5% share in Lot 93, purchased by Danny O'Brien.
https://inglis.com.au/sales/info/2021+Melbourne+Premier+Yearling+Sale/catalogue/93

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 4:06pm
We seriously think alike have him marked to follow!
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 4:08pm
Nice strong fellow there SC, I wish you a lot of fun with him Smile
We'll look forward to getting the mail in due course Wink
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 4:34pm
Thanks ladies.

Furious, have a look at Lot 307 from the 2020 MM Adelaide catalogue (Frosted - Gloray), and compare her female family with the above fellow.  The Adelaide filly sold for just $18,000 and we were quick to buy a 10% share in her.  I really believe, given Frosted's early success, that if offered today she would have brought $150,000.

VSP, you'll very very nearly the first person to know when the colt is ready to go off.  Wink
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 4:48pm
Cracking colt SC. Good luck with him.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:18pm
Griffiths/De K pay $180k for Lot 203.  No black type in the first two removes and just one NZ Listed winner in the third.

Just one example of more than a few inexplicable purchases imo.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:05pm
Griffiths trains for the breeder and the auctioneer said the horse has had colic last week (pretty sure this was the one).
Breeder will probably buy back in you'd think.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:17pm
Lot 244.  Running family but not a single stakes horse in the first three removes, and yet they run it up before passing in for $190k. 

So totally predictable, though in truth someone will probably pay the required $200k.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:44am
Pride Of Dubai on the nose.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:22am
He's been very quiet SC.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 12:50pm
Hasn't stopped him leading the Sires list (so far, hes got i'm all the talk and kermadec on his hammer) for the 2nd Year,  recall a few anxious people back a few years ago with So You Think, as well, 2nd season blues i reckon

Edited by Take2 - 01 Mar 2021 at 1:02pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:03pm
Imo (and apparently others) disappointing based on opportunity thus far mate, and at $44k a serve in 2018 vendors are hurting big time at Premier.

That he's leading the 2nd Year sires list is no real biggie because his AEI is way below the three immediately below him, as his stakes-winners to runners ratio.

Needs a headliner sooner rather than later.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:06pm
Look even if Bella Nipotina had won the Inglis Dash it would of helped him.  People are like that - need results this moment!
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:15pm
I put a cracking Pride of Dubai colt in my Stable last year in the comp. Hawkes bought him for good money at Easter at 290K, but i thought he was well worth it.

His name is now Saif and he won narrowly but well at Ballarat on debut. He is in the VRC Sires this Saturday. Big ask, but who knows, this may be the horse that the market seems to think POD needs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:23pm
Hope he does the job for you Vivarchi.  
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:46pm
Well I just put one in the cheap comp.  Selling well unders so hope nothing seriously wrong!  Yes good luck.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:00pm
Wasn't interested in Lot 256 with no black type until the 3rd remove but had another look after it was bought by Danny O'Brien for $200k.

And saw the 1st dam was by Savabeel, the 2nd by Pins, the 3rd by O'Reilly and the 4th by Centaine.  How textbook NZ can you get?!

Then saw he was line bred top and bottom to successful sire and broodmare sires Snippets and Success Express.

Will follow this fellow with interest
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 3:54pm
Interesting & unusual pigmentation Smile

421 Ch Photo Video ColtSebringValourThree Bridges Thoroughbreds, Eddington Express Racing/ Nick Ryan Racing VIC $70,000
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 3:58pm
Birthmark LOL
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 4:15pm
marked to find how he runs.  The families produces stakes winners to More than Ready and Danehill and Sebring is that cross.  
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 4:38pm
Don't ever ask me for price valuations on yearlings as it's clearly not my go LOL
A poster on FB asked for opininions on possible reasonably priced staying types, so I did a fleeting glance thru' till I started seeing crosseyed LOL
I do love the Xtravagant filly with the huge overstride but unless B/rat can turn things around, very much doubt she'll reach her potential in that stable Cry

20 B Photo Video ColtShockingEvaline (NZ)Noorilim Park, Arcadia Kavanagh Racing VIC $70,000

84 B Photo Video FillyMaurice (JPN)Hollow BulletKulani Park, Goulburn Weir Ciaron Maher Bloodstock VIC $200,000
161 B Photo Video FillyChurchill (IRE)MagnesicBlue Gum Farm, Euroa McEvoy Mitchell / Belmont Bloodstock (FBAA) SA $205,000

175 B Photo Video ColtMaurice (JPN)Merlene de LagoMerricks Station, Merricks Griffiths de Kock Racing / Peter Ford T'Breds (FBAA) / Heywood Bloodstock VIC $180,000

322 Blk Photo Video FillyXtravagant (NZ)She's a DanicaNewhaven Park, Boorowa, NSW McEvoy Mitchell / Belmont Bloodstock (FBAA) SA $150,000

447 B Photo Video FillyCamelot (GB)Yours Ever (GB)Esker Lodge Australia, Beremboke Wilde Racing Pty Ltd / Cameron Cooke Bloodstock VIC $300,000
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Please edit this djebel as it's presently meaningless Angry You can then get rid of this comment.

There was a reason I only posted the photo.

reductio ad absurdum
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 4:40pm
She was the nices Xtravagant I've seen this year though!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:02pm
The X - She's a Danica (not djebel's photo) was clearly well received, as the sire is about as popular as a pork chop in a...  The one I'm referring to, and presume Gay also, is black with two whites in front.

Shows how much I know, as I thought she had an in and out walk and was all over the place in the pasterns.  Embarrassed
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:15pm
Surprisingly, the photos & videos on my post, work with the one click - too easy Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:22pm
You've done well Gay. Star Will come to you next time I need to do similar.  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>