Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 4:28pm
You would have to think Ricky is on the nose with his players. Had an ordinary season - lost the pommie half - & now the hooker to the Tigers. Are his people skills up to scratch ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 4:42pm
A lot of changes there so far with 10 cut and only Jamal Fogarty signed so far.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I really enjoyed watching the two Immortals Norm Provan and Arthur Summonds remembering the glory days while perusing through the book " Simply the Best " last night , playing through that mud and slush of /63 GF , imo gladiators the lot , but there has always been something that irks me about those days , that is I never got the chance to see the fabulous Ronny Coote at his best Cry , his star was just on the rise when I left Sydney at the back end of /66 , loved his nickname " Solid " , conjures up so many meanings of solidarity, reliability , loyalty and comrades in arms , as is well known in league in regard to mateship , JJ your one lucky lady .

that is questionable.

I loved watching Paul Sait and Bobby McCarthy, far more than Coote.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

You would have to think Ricky is on the nose with his players. Had an ordinary season - lost the pommie half - & now the hooker to the Tigers. Are his people skills up to scratch ?
He had an ordinary season, cos the pommie half sabotaged it.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:30pm
This new NRL club in Queensland has its eye on a few Melbourne Storm players , who have come to Melbourne from Queensland. Munster is No 1 target.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:51pm
Munster as franchise player is shaky foundation for new club.Confused
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:54pm
If I had to pick one player to be Dolphins main man it would be. Hmm, let me think on it. It wouldn't be Munster. Not Cody Walker - he'll be 33 by the time they start.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:56pm
Maybe Sam Walker.

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I really enjoyed watching the two Immortals Norm Provan and Arthur Summonds remembering the glory days while perusing through the book " Simply the Best " last night , playing through that mud and slush of /63 GF , imo gladiators the lot , but there has always been something that irks me about those days , that is I never got the chance to see the fabulous Ronny Coote at his best Cry , his star was just on the rise when I left Sydney at the back end of /66 , loved his nickname " Solid " , conjures up so many meanings of solidarity, reliability , loyalty and comrades in arms , as is well known in league in regard to mateship , JJ your one lucky lady .

that is questionable.

Your a bit of a spoiler jj , almost to the point of narkish , enjoy the day. 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:02pm
Ronnie and Carioca are/were both old, er, Cootes.  Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Maybe Sam Walker.

Added 2 more years to his Rooster contract this year. There till end of 2023.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:16pm

that is questionable.

The game in those days was a big joke when we look back ... All the class players went to one team and there they stayed . Winning the comp was a foregone conclusion . especially with no 6 tackle rule.
We knew no better so we worshipped them and only a few relatives supported any other teams.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Maybe Sam Walker.

Added 2 more years to his Rooster contract this year. There till end of 2023.

Perfect. Another year for Easts to fatten him up. Nab him for 2024.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:39pm
He will be on a lot of clubs lists. Uncle Nick will tie him up next year if he is showing enough or let him be a Dolphin or whatever they decide to call themselves.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

that is questionable.

The game in those days was a big joke when we look back ... All the class players went to one team and there they stayed . Winning the comp was a foregone conclusion . especially with no 6 tackle rule.
We knew no better so we worshipped them and only a few relatives supported any other teams.
Yep , non events weren't they , like racing with TJ winning everything or Rod Laver belting the tripe out of the worlds best in the greatest era's of our time , 50s 60s 70s 80s . # sad 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:09pm
No comparison.     Rod Laver , TJ Smith , were individuals who performed according to individual skills .
    ST George were unbeatable for one reason , They recruited all the best players and of course the best payers couldn't join up quick enough ...

They didn't win competitions really, as there was NO competition.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:26pm
Laver swam in a much smaller tennis pool than we have now. If Djokovic or Medvedev, for example, were around in Rocket's day they wouldn't play him. Did the Swiss play pro tennis way back when?

Simon Cameron

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:31pm
Tlaz, you beat me to post that, how many eastern Europeans back in the 1960s even played tennis, much the same Peter Thomson and his British Open wins, Americans rarely played in the event when Thomson had his wins in the 1950s.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:33pm
Can't compare tennis then and now if even because racquets these days are twice as big as they were and lend themselves to the power game and are far more forgiving off-centre than they were in the day.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:47pm
It would be interesting to play one grand slam with all players using wooden racquets and see what happens.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 5:16pm
Would be interesting too to see some of our little princesses of today playing in the conditions of that grand final of /63 for 20 quid Cry get a grip some of you , I was only commenting on how much I enjoyed watching the trip down memory lane by some fair dinkum f....King real men , then a couple of negative types came in and tipped a bucket on the whole post ClapClap laver was thrown in spontaneously , sorry to hurt your little feelings Tlaz . AngryAngryAngry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:26pm
Former Rooster Paul Momorovski who spent time in the wilderness mixing with Westies and trophy trashing freal mountain dudes has gone home on a 3 year contract to Bondi Junction. Will be a great buy.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:34pm
 who cares?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:39pm
Childish.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:40pm
Has the mass exodus ended at Souffs?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:43pm

Childish.

LOLLOL

I knew I could get a rise out of you. It's a boring afternoon and I need entertainment.

Evil Smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:45pm

Has the mass exodus ended at Souffs?

I believe we just signed an ex-Raider.

Souths have added depth to their forward stocks with the signing of the versatile Siliva Havili on a two-year deal.

Havili will likely offer support to rep lock Cameron Murray as well as star hooker Damien Cook.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:46pm
 We could do with a centre, with Gags and Braidon Burns departing.

We're a little thin in that department.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:50pm
Utility Connor Watson and Momorovski are our only purchases so far, both returning so know the system. We need a goal kicker badly.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:52pm
 I could recommend a bad goal kicker...

Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 90>