Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 12:15pm
From memory they were stripped of the current year's points when exposed, so that one doesn't count, stripped of all trophies for the other seasons they cheated but apparently kept their points. They should have all gone.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 12:24pm
Didn't lose the game
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Won with an illegally obtained advantage.

Are you referring to your own bunch of salary rorters?

Big smile
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:49pm
Shocked
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Storm looked great for the 15 minutes I watched. Game was over then so I watched something else. Souths looked like a slow motion version of rugby league.

We'll still be round about, when the last post is played...but will once again miss the big bikkies. The forwards don't have enough ingenuity to do more than tackle and take it up...Cook excepted, though he was very quiet last night. The whole team looked like tortoises in the first twenty minutes. 

What gets me, as usual, was all the 'Mitchell hype'. 

"Great pass from Latrell..." (Benji Marshall set it up)

"Mitchell did it all..."(Cody Walker threw the defining pass)

then, Mitchell drops the ball under pressure...no comment...

It gets irritating.  

Ouch   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:58pm
What shocked me was Johns saying how fit he looked. He kept tucking his overhanging guts into his shorts and pulling his jumper down to cover it up.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 3:00pm
Pretty sure I saw ch9 give him BOG, or at least someone did
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 3:04pm
 oh, to have a fit and competent fullback....oh wait, we did have one, but shuffled him off to Belmore...

Mitchell should be in the centres, where less drops will occur...hopefully...and his subtle 'brilliant' passes might be an asset. 

Will never be more than just an average fullback...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Pretty sure I saw ch9 give him BOG, or at least someone did

don't they always...?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 3:06pm
Robbo told him that at the Chooks so he sooked off to Souths.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Season starts on Thursday night and as expected there’s a few bookie promos worth taking advantage of. So here’s a quick update of what I have seen so far:

Sportsbet – Head to head market – get paid out as a winner if your team scores a try in the first 5 minutes. First $250 staked. 

This is marginally profitable. More so if you have access to two accounts and can cover both teams with the promo. The edge here is when your team scores in the first 5 but goes on to lose the game. This occurred in 19 out of 169 games (11.25%) last year and likely to be similar again this year with the 6-again rule still in play. There will be long runs of outs if backing both teams but this is the way to play it. Consider combining this with the Pointsbet promo below.

Pointsbet – head to head market – get paid out as a winner if your team leads by 4+ at half time. First $150 staked.

This promo has been around in a couple of different forms across a few different books in past seasons and it is a decent winner. Again, the edge in this promo is when you get paid out at half time and your team goes on to lose. My stats show that with a lead by 4+ payout, this occurs just over 15% of the time. Bet the underdogs here and then back the favourite to return the same amount with another book. You will lose a small amount when your team doesn’t lead then lose but will win much more than enough when it does occur. Only bet games where your effective odds at >20-1 (this will be most games).

NOTE: Pointsbet will promo ban you quickly. If you put through a lot of other action you may survive longer.

TAB – Thursday & Friday night games - Head to head market – win by 6 get double winnings in bonus bets up to $50.

Games are decided by 6 or more in around 75% of games so this is an obviously profitable play given these markets are framed around the 106% mark. Keep it simple and just back whatever team you like but only for a stake that gives a $50 profit. 

Other – I have alluded to something else previously but will not be discussing it publicly. It is simply too good to have it out there well known. If anyone has some idea and could be bothered sending me a private message I MAY discuss there but really, this really is the golden goose and the less people know about it the better. Quite frankly I can’t believe it is still available.

Bet365 - head to head market - get paid out if your team leads by 16+ - no max stake that I can see. 

This one came through this morning and they really shouldn’t have bothered. It’s just marketing spin and basically worthless. It will help you lose less on the race occasion when you get paid out and your team ends up losing. Basically don’t bother except maybe if you are combining it with another promo elsewhere. Don’t expect much.

Great start for anyone playing these. They have all hit so far with the TAB one hitting in all three games. Personally the Bulldogs were a great result tonight when they went over in the 4th minute. Shame the Broncos took 10 to get their first or it would have been a real fill up!
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 8:42am
Don't think we saw the premiers last night. To my eye, those two games seemed to be way down on quality compared to Thursday. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 12:37pm
I'm with you there Rhino , early doors but we got spoilt from the night before .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 1:02pm
Roosters will show why they are under the odds at $6 for the title tonight.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Rhino Rhino wrote:

Don't think we saw the premiers last night. To my eye, those two games seemed to be way down on quality compared to Thursday. 

The Parra/ Brisbane game was a shocker. And, as usual, the bunker erred. The last Brissie try disallowed was actually a score. They see things no-one else does. 

I think one can pick the final 8 pretty easily. 

Chooks, Storm, Penrith, Canberra, Rabbits, Warriors, Parra (courtesy of refs decisions) and Newcastle, the last named being the only doubtful one...but I can't see the other teams being any better. 

Beer 
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:50am
Nice to see you give the Warriors a chance JJ, and they burst the Titans bubble yesterday. Warriors have become one of my favourite teams after the turmoil they put up with last season. My fear is if they have to stay in Oz for the entire year, then they will understandably fall to pieces. Hard to argue with your other selections.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 10:12am
Cowboys played a mistake-riddled game that gave them no possession, and no chance, not much has changed.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Rhino Rhino wrote:

Nice to see you give the Warriors a chance JJ, and they burst the Titans bubble yesterday. Warriors have become one of my favourite teams after the turmoil they put up with last season. My fear is if they have to stay in Oz for the entire year, then they will understandably fall to pieces. Hard to argue with your other selections.

They are booked into Terrigal for the season, staying at the Star of the Sea resort, once again. I know, because I can't get any dates between March and September. 

If you have to be away from home, it's a nice place to go. 

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What shocked me was Johns saying how fit he looked. He kept tucking his overhanging guts into his shorts and pulling his jumper down to cover it up.

Hilarious comment. An absolute nonsense to boot. Just get over the fact he left your mob.Wink

He was great the other night, surrounded by and complimented by the others around him
He’s in for a great season Star
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 2:27pm
I am glad he left and wish him well, but he is a ticking time bomb and Souffs problem now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 2:28pm
With him demanding to play fullback, why would Chooks pick him over Tedesco, ever?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 2:31pm
Wish him well? That’s why you focused on his supposed weight rather than the skill set he displayed LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:27pm
Why are the magpies about to play in blue?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:59pm
You drunk already? 

I am colour blind but even I can tell blue from gold black and white.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:08pm
Ore game interviews. Must have been some sort of pre game training jumper
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:09pm
It was at the Pre game interviews. Must have been some sort of pre game training jumper
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:19pm
Don't cop that shrunk, drunk "already" ! Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:21pm
Amusing to be looking at the progress scores on Foxtel NRL live scores, the score goes up, then you can bac a few minutes later, and see it has gone backwards, this new rule seems to be a bit too much.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:32pm
I like it. Moves the game faster with first action being to award the try and only get a review if bunker calls for one rather than every bloody try being reviewed up front.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Don't cop that shrunk, drunk "already" ! Shocked

PT, reacts like that mate, especially when one has his numberWink

Only got to see him avoid my question in the Biden thread to know that. He hates being challenged 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 90>