Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:55am
AND it showed .     Out for life .   That Storm team went far too bad to not have it looked at ...   Munster played like someone who had big issues.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:12am
Losing Welsh and Smith early to HIA's hurt the Storm on Saturday, it essentially removed two middle forwards for most of the game with Grant coming on and allowing Smith to play as a roving 13, it meant that since they carry Nico Hynes as a luxury player they were down to one spare forward for 65 minutes on a warm afternoon, just shows that you can plan for most things but not bad luck.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:44am
Fair enough ..     What did you think of Munster's performance .

He is a bit Hot and Cold but I felt he had a shocker.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 10:19am
Do these knuckleheads record everything they do?Shocked
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 10:26am
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 11:44am
Hmmmm       My suspicions during the game , may be near to being correct ...

I wanted the stewards in.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

he seemed to enjoy being 'humped' by that Penrith player.

He always looks like a hood.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:19pm
Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:22am

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I can't see Souths beating Storm if Storm get there injury free but if Penrith stagger over the line v Storm and get into GF busted Souths have a good chance.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:27pm
Umm, we were always a good chance despite being written off by the uneducated 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:13pm
Bit of talk around tonight about a lockdown in Brisbane. Fingers crossed - the Panthers would benefit with another week or 2 to rest up Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:14pm
 just lock the fans out and get on with it...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:17pm
Ready to move to Townsville again if necessary.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Munster is a game breaker but he isn't the player who controls the flow of the game like Melbourne got out of Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk over the years.  Munster needs the team to lay a platform and he plays off the back of that.

Great player no doubt, players who can control the narrative of a match are not all that common, even Cleary and Turbo, who consensus suggests run the quinella at the top of the player ratings at the moment still need things to go their way to dominate. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:36pm
 After the Dally M awards, you would be convinced Souths were barely in the comp, this year.

They gave a consolation nod to Cody Walker, but they were probably looking for a way not to...

but how Alex Johnston got pipped for one of two wing awards, I'll never know. Or Cam Murray, for lock.

I hope we win on Sunday, just to prove we really exist...

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:42pm
Your comments AFROS are obviously from one who knows what they are talking about .
The result meant nil to me but i saw a 20 point better side get beaten .   

On that I feel Souths have the ammo to be right there . if, all Ok with Reynolds .
   I just don't see Penrith as a Grand Final Winning team.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:44pm
If they were going to give the coach's award to a losing coach, I dont know how Robbo didn't get it, going as far as the Chooks did with a different short roster every week.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:49pm
 I would agree with that. Robbo was a better choice than Bellamy.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:50pm
 perhaps there were 40,000 reasons not to give it to him.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 8:20am
Robbo should have got coach of the year, hands down.  Bellamy had players in the TOTY nominations for every position except 2nd row, Robbo only had Tedesco, JWH and Manu across the whole field, he juggled his halves around, played about 95 different hookers and still managed to have them in contention for a top 4 berth, indeed they would have finished top 4 but for that crazy mid-season game where absolutely nothing worked for them and the Broncos got them in the upset of the season.  Although ultimately that would have still seen them playing Manly at Mackay in week 2 of the finals. LOL
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:50pm
Before I head out again I have to ask 

1x1, I see your boys have been reported for cheating again. What is a Ivan afraid of? Winning on merit?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 2:42pm
Hawk-eyed NRL fans have called out officials over an incident that saw Nathan Cleary subtly bending the rules in Penrith's thrilling preliminary final win over Melbourne.  But fans have spotted a moment in the match where Cleary wasn't pulled up for blatantly gaining an unfair advantage at what was arguably the most crucial phase of the match.

Just minutes after half-time Panthers winger Brian To'o strolled over on the left side to extend his side's advantage to 10-0 following Stephen Crichton's four-pointer earlier in the first half.

Except rather than take his conversion kick from the sideline, Cleary was allowed to take the kick close to 10 metres in field without referee Gerard Sutton noticing.

It was immediately noticed by Fox League commentator Andrew Voss, who said: “This is a little in. To’o put the ball down a metre in from touch. I thought Nathan might have crept in a little closer with the shot.”

Luckily, the overlooked incident had no bearing on the final result, with the Panthers hanging on for a desperate 10-6 victory after the Storm scored in the 62nd minute through Ryan Papenhuyzen.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley told the Sydney Morning Herald the mishap was "simply unnacceptable" and suggested it could cost Sutton the chance to officiate the grand final.

“I’ve asked for an explanation as to how this could have possibly happened, but regardless of the reason it is simply unacceptable,” Annesley told the Sydney Morning Herald on Sunday.

“I can understand a split-second judgment error in general play, but this is a basic procedural matter that should never occur. 

"Thankfully the kick missed so no advantage was gained, but we will further consider the implications of the error when we meet to review both games."

Multiple fans, including Russell Crowe, noticed the Cleary incident and called it out on Twitter.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 3:29pm
I was all good with it Shrunk until Rusty Crowe gave the issue a nudge on Twitter. Now I'm reconsidering LOL 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 3:37pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 3:40pm
 it didn't cost Gerard Sutton the grand final, though...

I would prefer Ashley Kline, strangely...even if he has been a problem for us in the past...

he has been refereeing consistently well, of late.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 3:44pm
Gee there are some terrible NRL judges on TBV. This latest claim - that Robbo somehow deserved Coach of the Year more than Bellamy just about takes the cake. So i presume the decision was taken prior to last week-end - which means at that point he was every chance of winning the GF . So then we have the Minor Premiership & an equal record 19 straight NRL wins. Not bad. Then we throw in the loss of Cameron last season which was going to spell disaster as i remember it from a few pundits on here (me included i think). Now compare that to Robbo - who finished a struggling equal 5th. His playing roster after being decimated was still as good - if not better than most other teams. I mean Teddy equals at least 3 players all by himself - & Victor at least 1 & half. Such is the strength of the rorters to give back handers to get under the salary cap. So i say bollocks to that claim. Top 4 at best.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Gee there are some terrible NRL judges on TBV. This latest claim - that Robbo somehow deserved Coach of the Year more than Bellamy just about takes the cake. So i presume the decision was taken prior to last week-end - which means at that point he was every chance of winning the GF . So then we have the Minor Premiership & an equal record 19 straight NRL wins. Not bad. Then we throw in the loss of Cameron last season which was going to spell disaster as i remember it from a few pundits on here (me included i think). Now compare that to Robbo - who finished a struggling equal 5th. His playing roster after being decimated was still as good - if not better than most other teams. I mean Teddy equals at least 3 players all by himself - & Victor at least 1 & half. Such is the strength of the rorters to give back handers to get under the salary cap. So i say bollocks to that claim. Top 4 at best.

look in the mirror as you say that. Better (and more) TBV critics than yourself have posted that the result was dodgy. Even Bellamy, himself, looked embarrassed on the podium. Surprised to have won it.

Bellamy had nowhere near the problems Robbo had. Apart from multiple retirements, countless injuries and Victor being suspended every second week, they had to face Souths twice and put up with all that humiliation.

Finishing 5th was a mighty effort. If a Souths supporter (who hates their guts) says that, it has to be true.

Evil Smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 3:56pm
 Bellamy had players sitting on his bench, who were being chased by other clubs, they were so good.

Easy to keep winning when you have talent to burn.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 4:07pm
I see JJ - so what more did Bellamy have to achieve to deserve that Award ? If the decision was taken AFTER Storm were knocked out as short-priced favourites - then his team won the Minor Premiership scoring 815 points & only giving up 316 - a record 19 game winning run helps achieve that - as does winning a total of 21 out of 24 matches. Roosters stats are not worth putting on paper.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 4:12pm
& further - you seem to miss entirely Bellamy's team  to deliver a continual supply of new talent - as against Robbo's inability to keep the likes of Radley on the field for poor discipline with his team of overpaid old croc's
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 4:26pm
Yes , hard not to appreciate Bellamy achievements most years.

The Teams record until the week end was top stuff.

Wicked Wayne would have got my award , maybe I have bias to the aged and infirm.

Best Player award .. From me ... Reynolds   = Worst. Cherry Evans .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 90>