Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 8:13am
If Penrith win this year i suggest we should start at 2021. Why - because it will be the start of a dynasty. Up the PANTHERS Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 10:37am
Looks like you might have to wait for 2022.
Riff are cooked for this year.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

For the zero people who are interested Im now sitting 2 clear at the top of my tipping comp. A highly unusual situation at this stage of the season. With 9 games left and the propensity for everyone in the comp to tip the betting favourite it’s looking good for a nice collect. Cool

Blame JJ for telling me she was interested but here’s another update:

Everyone tipped the favourites as expected and I remain 2 ahead after getting 3 from 4. Now only 5 games left in the season so looking good for the win. 

Currently sitting 366th out of 336,543 players on the footytips.com.au leaderboard. 
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

100% correct Voyager.

For mine the old Sydney comp titles should carry over into the competition known as the NSW Cup now with the NRL being viewed as a separate entity.

Or following JJ's logic, Fortitude Valley actually have the most titles in Australian Rugby League with 23 (not including their 2017 Brisbane Rugby League premiership) while Port Adelaide's 36 SANFL and 1 AFL Premiership's have them leading the way in their code.

For mine the NRL started in 1998, so that's when the Premiership count for the present competition starts however you could even take it back as far as 1988 if you wish as that is when Brisbane, Gold Coast and Newcastle entered the Sydney comp, starting to move it away from a suburban competition and toward a national competition.
No argument from me.
Just as the old VFL comp titles should carry over into the current VFL season ( AFL reserve grade ) and the AFL be viewed as a separate entity.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 3:08pm

Saturday night’s game between Penrith and South Sydney was the highest-rated rugby league game in subscription television history

Remarkably, the game between Souths and Penrith was among the top 10 shows in subscription television history
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Saturday night’s game between Penrith and South Sydney was the highest-rated rugby league game in subscription television history

Remarkably, the game between Souths and Penrith was among the top 10 shows in subscription television history

do you need to go to spec-savers?

wrong thread.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:28pm
 looks like it's me who needs spec-savers...

Embarrassed  I was tinting my hair and didn't have my glasses on.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:30pm
 It was moved, wasn't it?

I'm not going mad...

Evil Smile

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:13pm
Yes it was moved.

No comment on your sanity  Big smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:18pm
 I fess up to a degree of insanity...I howl at a full moon.

Wacko
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:26pm
 and that isn't a joke...

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:27pm
As do most NRL forwards JJ.

ps was a tad surprised Shrunk didn't post the initial gaffe in the Biden thread.  Wink  Big smile

pss only the Ref, touch judges, Bunker buffoon, or all of the aforementioned can halt the Melbourne teams run to a well deserved Premiership victory.  GO STORM  Clap  Thumbs Up

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:31am
Souths surprised ... I didn't see the match due to being in hiding from the grim Reaper .    Hope I can stay upright for the rest of the finals ...

Looks like some interest into all games now .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Souths surprised ... I didn't see the match due to being in hiding from the grim Reaper .    Hope I can stay upright for the rest of the finals ...

Looks like some interest into all games now .

Not a surprise to some of us maccaTongue

They played exceptionally well and closed the panthers down. Tactically Bennett outplayed another Cleary’s 
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:21pm
Big advantage for them to end up on the other side of the draw to the Storm. Stating the obvious of course. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:33pm
 we are fervently hoping Penrith beat the Eels, then find it in them to knock off The Storm.

Meanwhile, we need to advance by beating one of the two very dangerous teams playing this weekend.

Hope they hit hard in those tackles.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:42pm
The judiciary gave you a leg up last night.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:44pm
Souths played their GF last week
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:14pm
 oneone...I'm hoping for a repeat clash in the GF.

get your team going. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The judiciary gave you a leg up last night.

Why? Because some nuffty nobody rightfully got suspended for smashing a blokes face?LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:53pm
 Chook supporters always look for the sympathy vote. When they have two of the dirtiest players in their ranks. 

If it had been Mitchell who'd done it, he'd be calling for him to get three weeks.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:01pm
8 on report for the weekend, only one suspended.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm
Well, only one deserved it and only one broke bones in someone’s face with his illegal act

Have an holiday kid, your seasons overLOL
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 12:36am
The Titans players head hit Verills shoulder, not the other way around, it was an accident.

Personally the Titans should have won last week so the Roosters are for mine lucky to be where they are and all the whole club should not be playing this week.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 12:46am
 Voyager and PT obviously saw something the rest of us...and the judiciary...didn't.

It was no different to Mitchell's shoulder hitting Manu's face...

if one is guilty, then the other is, too.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:25am

Spot on JJ.we were told there was no excuse for head contact despite Manu  throwing himself to the ground

Same applies to verrillsWink

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Good to see that thug Verills get suspended. Totally deserved. 

Robinson clearly teaches his players to attack the head of the opposition. Hargreav3s 3ven manages to do it in both attack and defense. Not to mention the self labeled “inflictor”

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 9:41pm
Just watching the warm up. What does through the mind of a man like Crichton who dyes his hair and scrunches it up into a nice(?) bun

No wonder he’s a shadow of his former self. Such a wasteOuch
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 9:51pm
 He used us. 

Thumbs Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 9:54pm
He left due to the sombrero and the benefits it provides 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 10:37pm
Pathetic shadow of their former self , are Easts .

Not a player amongst them ( Tedesco excluded ) 40 margin coming up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 90>