Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Bob, for what it’s worth I pay very little attention to the winning chances of the top 5 til about round 23.
Then do your formWink
That is fair enough , but by that time any bookie worth his salt would frame his market based on that form, in other words you will not get any overs.

Can’t put overs in my bank account, only winnings Wink

But if you keep taking "unders", rather than "overs", in the long run your losses will eat up your " unders " winnings and we know what that means.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I have just realised something. Members comments on this thread are biased towards the team they support. I have calculated the correlation at a factor of 99.99% - & Baghdad has checked my figures so i know they must be correct. JJ....Bunnies , PT....Rorters , Baghdad...Storm, djebel...Doggies, Tiges....say no more ect.

Thank god Panther tragics like Afross & myself can rise above the petty tribalism LOL
1+1, you are right about myself, I do not know of any other members of TBV people, who live south of the Murray River, who are passionate about Storm , although I stand to be corrected.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:02pm
1x1, I hope you dont think that old girl is me ?Shocked
I am a non supporter most of the time, but much as I hate to admit to it, I am loyal to the Knights.
In this neck of the woods you have to be a Knights supporter as many of the local lads have played for them in lower grades , and the Knights have supported the town thru some rough times.
And yes, I do know its 20 years since they won the premiership.  Cry
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:08pm
I am loyal to the Knights.

You looking for sympathy?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:34pm
No.  I am not THAT dedicated .
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

& who do we think this is ? ,

well, it ain't me. I have red hair and do not own a teddy bear. That is definitely not a rabbit.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:58pm
 I'd put up an actual photo of myself, sitting on Billy Hardy and Les Davidson's shoulders, back in their glory days, when I was being celebrated by my bunnies for gaining my referees ticket...but I've forgotten how to do it.  Embarrassed

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:06am

There you go ;

Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:29am
  Repeat...I AM A RED-HEAD...

Wacko
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 8:23pm
Hope the Cowboys knock the Sharks off , can't seem to warm to the visitors somehow.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 10:56pm
 good game tonight. So fast.

The Panthers just need to keep making the chooks back-peddle...

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:32pm
JJ, I’m sure you you will appreciate this

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:53pm
 I love it...

LOL Clap
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 9:59pm
Oh dear, this is embarrassing for the Tigers , Storm in another world. StarStarStar
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 10:16pm
Yes, it’s wonderfully embarrassing Hug
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 10:20pm
Do I detect a little sarcasm Shrunk ? or is the happy clapper genuine ? Smile
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 10:53pm
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 10:57pm
Hope that refs got a spare pea for that whistle . Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:33am
The Knights won LOLClap
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 9:47am
With Boyd Cordner joining Jake Friend and both Morris brothers in retiring this year everyone better make sure their promising young stars are tied up with long contracts.

Uncle Nick has a big bag of cash to unload.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:05pm
I take that comment PT that you have hoisted the white flag for this year LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:11pm
Hard to win a Premiership with millions in salary cap out for the season or retired through injury. 

Amazing they are holding down 5th with their available roster. Get a few back onto the park and reform the #RIPcrackdown so it isn't only Rooster players getting sin binned and suspended and they will cause an upset or two.Thumbs Up
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:35pm
 are you trying to imply Victor Radley is innocent of all those many many many charges?

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:39pm
Crying poor yet you still trotted out 7 that have played for either NZ or Aus in test matches (including SST, who has one NZ cap prior to switching to Tonga), plus Lachlan Lam who is capped by PNG and Angus Chrichton who will be capped for the Kangaroo's eventually and has played origin.  Plus the rep quality of Victor Radley to come back from suspension.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:40pm
I am not saying he didn't tap a couple of blokes a bit high, just that a couple of weeks before he wouldn't have even got a warning, just like Kevin Proctor didn't even get a warning let along a sin bin for his high shot against the Chooks. Even Fox were laughing and got a hashtag trending on social media about the death of the crackdown. But then later in the game the crackdown was remembered in time for a Chook sinbin. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:44pm
Afros, we saw the last 2 weeks with Penrith the effect of losing a number of top tier players.

Roosters have been short up to a dozen at a time most of the season. Testament to their depth and systems that they are still competitive against non top 5 sides.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I am not saying he didn't tap a couple of blokes a bit high, just that a couple of weeks before he wouldn't have even got a warning, just like Kevin Proctor didn't even get a warning let along a sin bin for his high shot against the Chooks. Even Fox were laughing and got a hashtag trending on social media about the death of the crackdown. But then later in the game the crackdown was remembered in time for a Chook sinbin. 

CryCryCryCry

we lost our entire team when Latrell Mitchell was suspended for four matches, for a 'tap' on the head...

Big smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:56pm
 I am in hysterics at a chook supporter crying about shortage of troops...

Uncle Nick already has the hidden cheque-book out, eyeing off who he wants for next season...

Nathan Cleary? Yep. Cameron Munster? Tick. Cameron Murray? Oh, bugger...Souths have tied him up for three seasons... Angus Crichton? Oh, wait...we already pinched him from Souths, along with Joseph Suaalii.  

You have to be joking if you expect any sympathy...Censored
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:56pm
I agree. Rules shouldn't be something you fear will not favor you this week, costing you wins.

Time they looked at some of these new brainfarts. Everyone wants players heads protected, but the criteria for a sinbin is scrambled and confusing. I would rather see them all put up for review without sinbinning and penalties determined on a grading system.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:59pm
PT, the Panthers had both their starting halves out and the backups have been playing centres (Burton) and back row (May) for some time now, even though both have the ability to play in the halves they haven't played those roles much over recent times, it's actually a surprise they didn't consider bringing up Jaeman Salmon from reserve grade to play 7 alongside Burton at 6 as he at least has been playing 7 in a side going well and would only have had to adjust to the speed of the game compared to reserves rather than a different position like May had to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 90>