Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 5:56pm
  I wonder how many cautions and 'on reports' JWH can have in his milestone match?

He could probably deck the ref...and the bunker would absolve him...

Proctor's slap was equally as good...

So much for worrying about possible serious head injury...

it's back to normal..

Thumbs Down
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 6:01pm
 Crichton definitely double-movemented...but he did it before the line and then pushed himself over...very clever...

but that tongue poke was unnecessary and now has him labelled an arrogant prick...

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 7:14pm
Never in doubt. Thumbs Up
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 7:26pm
tragic for the titansOuch
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:10pm
I see there's talk of Shaun Johnson taking Reynold's spot, next year...

I'll refrain from saying I told you so, when it happens...

Big smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Never in doubt. Thumbs Up

it was a fabulous game, with a crap result...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 10:14am
I was happy with the result. A shame when inconsistent refereeing can influence a result.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 10:59pm
Storm impressive again today although the Warriors are struggling to form a winning unit , back up players from SOO had good games but young Harry has all the makings of a special player , tackled his heart out , try assists and one for himself made it a good watch.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:15am
The cream rises to the top.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 7:58am
Panthers next two will be a good litmus test for them, Roosters this week, Eels next week, both should be at full strength (barring injury) for both matches.  The latter being 5 days after Origin 3 but given the circumstances I'm sure they'll encourage the origin boys to back up for that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 9:32am
Roosters wont have Boyd Cordner back next week. He is expected to announce his retirement this week after failing to get a medical clearance to resume playing.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:48am
I think I've come up with a solution for the SOO drain on the premier clubs. Each team receives 1 premiership bonus point for every player in the squad. Cant get much fairer than that LOL

Go the Panthers Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:43pm
As the NRL ladder stands at the moment it would be a very brave punter who wanted to back a team outside of the top five to win the premiership, some even consider to bet on any team other than Storm or Panthers is throwing good money away.Wink Right now, that maybe a logical reasoning but I believe of those two teams the Panthers are the more vulnerable to losing their first or second place on the ladder. Both teams have played 14 games for 2 losses, however the Panthers have yet to play the Eels or the Roosters, both currently clearly sitting in the top 5. The Panthers will have to play both of those teams twice, in the remaining games of the home and away season. On the other hand Storm having played each of those teams once, has only one remaining game against each team.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:54pm
Bob the Panthers two losses mean nothing. Basically a reserve grade team. Anyhow - they were the losses they had to have Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:17pm
1+1 , regardless, they still have to play two of the other top 5 sides twice, because they have yet to play them once.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:21pm
True Bob. However,  Sportsbet have already paid out on the Panthers - that gives you some idea us dedicated supporters have little to worry about  Wink

Go you good things  Thumbs Up
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:24pm
Bob, for what it’s worth I pay very little attention to the winning chances of the top 5 til about round 23.
Then do your formWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

True Bob. However,  Sportsbet have already paid out on the Panthers - that gives you some idea us dedicated supporters have little to worry about  Wink

Go you good things  Thumbs Up
That is purely a marketing spiel. How much was paid out ?
That will not stop punters still betting on them to win the premiership.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Bob, for what it’s worth I pay very little attention to the winning chances of the top 5 til about round 23.
Then do your formWink
That is fair enough , but by that time any bookie worth his salt would frame his market based on that form, in other words you will not get any overs.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 12:24am
Oh when the Bulldogs come marching in........ 
reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 7:21am
I think the way the Panthers have managed this period so far will help them at the back end of the year, winning the minor premiership gets you nothing more than second place gets other than the shield, so it's no biggie really, as last season showed, it was the team that showed up in September in their best form and condition that won the competition.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Then do your formWink
That is fair enough , but by that time any bookie worth his salt would frame his market based on that form, in other words you will not get any overs.

Can’t put overs in my bank account, only winnings Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:18am
Arbitrage. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:31am
I have just realised something. Members comments on this thread are biased towards the team they support. I have calculated the correlation at a factor of 99.99% - & Baghdad has checked my figures so i know they must be correct. JJ....Bunnies , PT....Rorters , Baghdad...Storm, djebel...Doggies, Tiges....say no more ect.

Thank god Panther tragics like Afross & myself can rise above the petty tribalism LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:34am

& who do we think this is ? ,

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:37am
Choccie soldier supporters have to be a bit more humble than most other supporters. Their team invariably remembers who they are as they did last October.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:37am

& one more. Guess who ?

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:38am

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:39am
Darn - couldn't get those Rooster supporter images to work  Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:44am
How long you been here?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 90>