Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Inglis Classic 2021 Discussion Page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inglis Classic 2021 Discussion Page
    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 4:41pm
Well Harron has paid $600k for Lot 182 (Capitalist - Mystical Tale) presumably on the back of Profiteer's success, given the sire has otherwise had just 2 winners from 23 starters thus far in Oz plus a place-getter in the Karaka Million.  No Profiteer yesterday and reckon this fellow would have brought about $150k.

Will be interested to se what Lot 216 (I Am Invincible - Parker's Piece) brings today.  Couldn't have impressed when inspected as she's an Easter filly based on her page.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:11pm
And Lot 216 is duly knocked down for $260k to Blueblood Thoroughbreds/Ciaron Maher Bloodstock/Sheamus Mills Bloodstock (FBAA) NSW. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 1:09pm
Prospective buyers simply aren't prepared to pay for lots with faults.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 1:46pm
Yes but lots with faults are about the only way to get cheapies for the comps!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 2:54pm

154ChPhoto VideoFillyCapitalistMiss Beauty WorldKitchwin Hills, SconeJames Harron Bloodstock / Freedman Brothers NSW$260,000
182ChPhoto VideoColtCapitalistMystical TaleDavali Thoroughbreds, LuskintyreJames Harron Bloodstock NSW$600,000
206ChPhoto VideoColtCapitalistOtsandaCarramar Park, Grose WoldJames Harron Bloodstock NSW  $180,000

reductio ad absurdum
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:27pm
What about them Djebel

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:36pm
All Capitalist's, all bought by James Harron?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:38pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:02pm
For the most part the Merchant Navy's have been very hard sells so far.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:11pm
Other 1st season fellows Hellbent and Russian Revolution also very soft.

Pride of Dubai and Smart Missile struggling too.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:19pm
You went to vendor Djebel.  Try buyer instead.  155 lots come up.  5 G1 and 18 stakes winners.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:19pm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:29pm
Thanks furious. Not sure why that did not do that for me originally.

He is not doing too badly.

The only problem with those figures is he is not buying for one conglomerate is he ? 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

You went to vendor Djebel.  Try buyer instead.  155 lots come up.  5 G1 and 18 stakes winners.

Well der... Thanks, I can be a bit of a dipstick... 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 6:19pm
Lot 492 Zoustar - Blazing Snitzel colt offered by Newgate.  City wining but limited dam has two ordinary winners to date.

Knocked down for $425k to Newgate and others.  Nonsense really.

Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 7:58am
The sales figures for Shalaa are...interesting.  

Lot 291, with no stakes winners until the 4th dam, sold for $230,000, while Lot 96, a Choisir half-sibling to a Gr-3 winner/Gr-1 placed filly out of a Zabeel mare sold for 305 less at $160k.

Lot 394, with no black type at all until the 3rd dam, sold for $220k, whereas Lot 393 by I Am Invincible out of a stakes-producing half sister to a Gr-1 winner sold for "only" $180k.

Lot 42's 3rd dam is Singles Bar BUT there's no unrestricted black type until the 3rd dam. Other than the two Benetau foals, everyone in this branch of the family are Hondas running at mid-tier tracks, not the kind of horse you'd expect to sell for a Jaguar price.  She sold for $200k, the same price as Lot 590 (by Snitzel out of a Gr-2 winning NZ mare).

Those are Shalaa's top three sellers.  It's hard to shake the feeling that he's being pumped by some big money despite the fact that he only has two winners to date.   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 8:02am
That should be, the Choisir sold for 30% less, not 305 less.  Duh.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:10am
Our big thicc lad #575 in the ring now
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:14am
Sold for $250,000.

He looked much more on-his-toes in the ring video feed than in his walking video, and he's still a big thicc lad all over.  LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:39am
Good , 250K I'm happy with that , no doubt the circumstance of the ring atmosphere would have perked him up , he will lose that " puppy fat " at the breakers lol , good luck to the buyer/s , like I said you could buy a lot worse.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Kimberley Mine Kimberley Mine wrote:

The sales figures for Shalaa are...interesting.  

Lot 291, with no stakes winners until the 4th dam, sold for $230,000, while Lot 96, a Choisir half-sibling to a Gr-3 winner/Gr-1 placed filly out of a Zabeel mare sold for 305 less at $160k.

Lot 394, with no black type at all until the 3rd dam, sold for $220k, whereas Lot 393 by I Am Invincible out of a stakes-producing half sister to a Gr-1 winner sold for "only" $180k.

Lot 42's 3rd dam is Singles Bar BUT there's no unrestricted black type until the 3rd dam. Other than the two Benetau foals, everyone in this branch of the family are Hondas running at mid-tier tracks, not the kind of horse you'd expect to sell for a Jaguar price.  She sold for $200k, the same price as Lot 590 (by Snitzel out of a Gr-2 winning NZ mare).

Those are Shalaa's top three sellers.  It's hard to shake the feeling that he's being pumped by some big money despite the fact that he only has two winners to date.   

One word.

Shaquero.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Good , 250K I'm happy with that , no doubt the circumstance of the ring atmosphere would have perked him up , he will lose that " puppy fat " at the breakers lol , good luck to the buyer/s , like I said you could buy a lot worse.

Agreed.  I think he's going to be a horse who needs a lot of work to stay race fit, which isn't necessarily a problem with the right training programme.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:56am
Off to Honkers which probably won't help.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

One word.

Shaquero.

Yes, but...the three top prices so far are out of mares with the weakest pages of the ones who are selling.  And two of three of those yearlings were consigned by the same group, and part of the ownership group of one of them is a hedge fund. 

Shenanigans.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 1:25pm
Kimberley Mine if you have the time could you give your appraisal of Lot 450 aZoustar colt bought by George Moore for 80K , I think it's a steal and I would have put him in my comp. only I have 2 Zoustars and I've broken my rule tumbling into one stallion , thanks.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 1:49pm

Kimberley Mine if you have the time could you give your appraisal of Lot 450 aZoustar colt bought by George Moore for 80K , I think it's a steal and I would have put him in my comp. only I have 2 Zoustars and I've broken my rule tumbling into one stallion , thanks.
Maybe on 2 look hocks could be borderline fwiw.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 3:15pm

Maybe on 2 look hocks could be borderline fwiw.

He is slightly camped under, and in the video (but not the conformation photo) his shoulder appears a shade upright.

If you watch the walking video in head-on and tail-on shots, I note that at least 50% of the time his right hind foot is swinging inward and closer to the left front.  In the 360 view, it appears that his right hind leg is rotated toe-out from the hock.  If so, that would explain the swinging inward: that's where that foot needs to go to land facing "forward."

I also note that compared to some other horses this board has discussed, he's not swinging his hind legs under him as much as the higher sellers.  I picked #228 as one I liked, and swinging his hind legs under him is a big reason why:

Watch how his hind feet are coming down almost on top of the squashed grass left by his front feet, and he does that almost every stride.  Colt #450 only does that about half the time.  

Finally, Colt 450 is *really* base-narrow both in front and behind.  This is pretty common in baby horses (see my comment about The Big Thicc Lad being base-narrow in front), and usually as a horse matures and its chest/hinds broaden, its will get a more square stance.  Because this horse is so narrow both in front and behind, that suggests that it will need a bit more time to mature.

Again, as with the 336 Russian Revolution filly, I see some faults that will need management but I don't see anything he shouldn't be able to run through.  Selling for $80k off a listed $60k fee, not passed in but an outright sale, means whoever bred him saw that as a fair value for him too.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 3:27pm
Merchant Navy and Russian Revolution aren't getting much love, Astern really needs some friends, and Xtravagant foals are a hard sell.  But man, anyone who bred to Almanzor must be pretty happy right about now.

Carioca, a comment to add to the above: when I watch the head-on and tail-on walking videos, I expect untrained babies to walk like a bunch of drunk ducks.  They're too busy looking at things, fiddling with their bits, front end going one way while hind end goes another, etc.  What I'm looking for is, are there things that are repeatable?  With the 336 filly, I could see that right rear leg action in 3 different angles.  With the 450 colt, same thing, I could see it coming and going.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 3:36pm
If not too much trouble could I get you to run your eye over 477 Kimberley Mine?
Time is a flat circle
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 4:59pm
Thanks for your input Kimberley Mine , greatly appreciated , just as an aside I haven't set foot at a yearling sale since March / 85 , I've become soo rusty. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>