Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Competitions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2021 Autumn G1 comp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 Autumn G1 comp
    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:16am
Hi All almost to the first of the G1's for this Autumn period  If you all want to we can either go on into SA and Queensland or even run a different competition if you want to start again.  Your choice and maybe I should of asked Dizzy first!  I do the straight out pick the winner.  She does the hard one of picking the longshot.

I'm hopefully away in Queensland for April - barring restrictions either not lifting or getting worse.  So I'll be late getting those big days sorted but it will be done.

If Gay can put a marker on this to put up the top of the column I would appreciate it. Duly made it a 'sticky' Wink
CF Orr Stakes 6-Feb
Vrc Lightning Stakes 13-Feb
Futurity Stakes 20-Feb
Blue Diamond Stakes 20-Feb
Oakleigh Plate 20-Feb
Australian Guineas 27-Feb
Chipping Norton Stakes 27-Feb
Surround Stakes 27-Feb
Randwick Guineas 6-Mar
Vrc Newmarket Handicap 6-Mar
Australian Cup 6-Mar
Canterbury Stakes 6-Mar
Coolmore Classic 13-Mar
William Reid Stakes 19-Mar
Golden Slipper Stakes 20-Mar
Rosehill Guineas 20-Mar
The Galaxy 20-Mar
George Ryder Stakes 20-Mar
Rawson Stakes 20-Mar
H E Tancred Stakes 27-Mar
Storm Queen Stakes 27-Mar
Atc Australian Derby 3-Apr
Atc Sires Produce Stakes 3-Apr
Doncaster Handicap 3-Apr
T J Smith Stakes 3-Apr
Sydney Cup 10-Apr
Atc Australian Oaks 10-Apr
Atc Queen Elizabeth Stakes 10-Apr
Queen Of The Turf Stakes 10-Apr
Champagne Stakes 17-Apr
All Aged Stakes 17-Apr

Edited by Gay3 - 18 Jan 2021 at 12:22pm
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:17am
Actually the Australasian Oaks shouldn't be on that list unless we go onwards!

I've removed it for now Wink

Edited by Gay3 - 18 Jan 2021 at 12:23pm
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:22am
let's go!
Time is a flat circle
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:30am
Onward and upward.LOL
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:41pm
thanks gay

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 1:58pm
Happy to do the roughies, away for 4 weeks mid Feb to mid March. (hopefully)

Also happy if someone else would like to have a go, just let me know and I can email the spreadsheet.

Edited by Dizzy - 18 Jan 2021 at 1:59pm
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:10pm
I really hope it's open in March and April.  I haven't done anything now for almost 2 years with all that happened before covid.  So really want to be able to take grandaughter on our trip.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:15pm
You both deserve a break. I'm happy to be on standby for furious if need be, can use a calculator. Not very good with spreadsheets sorry!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:46pm
Thanks Shawy38 but I have to take the computer when I go on trips.  I have to do some work.  I might be a day late or such but I'll get it done when I do the results for work.  Had to work through every holiday I've ever had - a workaholic apparently.

Truly the only time I didn't was our trip to Canada.  My husband left my new computer in the bus to the airport.  And yes lots of people are honest, we got it back, but we were already in Canada by the time my daughter got it.  I really enjoyed that trip!

Also it can be hard in outback Australia getting the internet to work so that sometimes holds things up.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 6:00pm
All good Shawy.
And I am with you furious, everything is crossed to be able to travel!!!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 5:38pm
Looking forward to my usual good start from the gates and getting in a one one position and then dropping out late Thumbs Up  Thanks to Dizzy and furious for all their workStar   
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 10:28pm
Me too please, Saturday’s aren’t quite as good between comps LOL
Thanks for your great efforts
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confinedâ€
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 8:28am
OK all CF Orr is run tomorrow.  I'm not picking yet.  Waiting to see is the course cops a watering in this forecast weather down there today.  Just a reminder that the comp is starting.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 2:06pm
Roughies: Do we have a position in betting or price rule with these? I only ask as in the last comp. many 2nd/3rd in betting & $3 or $4 jobs were selected - not exactly 'roughies' in my book Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 2:40pm
We have never put a minimum price as a rule, and yes, we get some very short roughies. 

I am happy to go with a minimum, but will this cause outrage? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 2:51pm
I feel like most just use it for their second pick if they don't have a true 'roughie' in the race.
Time is a flat circle
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 2:57pm
Orr Stakes:

W: Imaging
R: Imaging

I'll check in later to see if i've complied by any new rules, but fwiw i don't think there needs to be any price rule in the Roughies comp as the shorter the odds the shorter the collect and the longer the odds the bigger the collect. It's a great comp i reckon. You can sneak along with some E/W odds types, or play the middle ground with some double E/W types, or play the roughies and win with 1 hit like Twilight Payment. Or a mix of all, as most will do.

Cheers to Dizzy and Furious and all having a crack and some fun.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 4:28pm
Yeah, wasn't really considering adding any new rules. This comp has always been a great deal of fun, so we won't change that!
Good luck to everyone. Thumbs Up
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 4:54pm
the shorter the odds the shorter the collect and the longer the odds the bigger the collect.

Many thanks Vivarchi, now that makes perfect sense Big smile I hadn't spotted it before Thumbs Up
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:01pm
Roughies Rule: As per 2018 Comp.found in the bowels Big smile

The leaderboard for the Roughies comp is calculated based on prizemoney X the starting price of the horse, for top four finishes.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:04pm
didn't you know that Gay3.  Some of the prizemoney levels won over the years in this comp should of set off alarm bells.  Some of them are pretty good at finding roughies!

Don't know if its only me but a tad disappointed with the field tomorrow.  We have to stop the early retirements and selling to asia.  We keep loosing our four year old crops.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:20pm
Furious imo believe you'll find the Orr Stakes has lacked depth for quite some time now, even if there's been some top class winners.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:33pm
C.F.Orr Stakes

W: Crosshaven
R: Imaging ( I am concerned it might be too dry but it was between him and Streets Of Avalon and I have gone with the horse I believe is a little classier)

Good luck to all players!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 8:26pm
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 8:38am
W  Streets of Avalon
R   Sovereign Award

And yes they are only in that order because Sovereign Award is the longer of the two.  Otherwise they would be the other way around.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 9:24am
CF Orr
W: Cross haven't
R: Bkazejowski
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 10:23am
Orr Stakes

W: Sir Dragonet
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 10:30am
W - Streets Of Avalon

R - Sovereign Award

If Crosshaven wins Clayton Douglas might have an absolute weapon on his hands called Mcilroy
Time is a flat circle
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 10:33am
W: Crosshaven

Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 11:44am
W: Sir Dragonet
R: Crosshaven
honi soit qui mal y pense
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>