Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

GOLF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 3:03pm
Just watching our Smithy approaching the 18th , wonder if he's using PGF clubs made by East Bros. there're the best !! Wink
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 3:23pm
PGF Slammers we’re my first set!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 3:48pm
Good choice Rusty , still got em ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 4:31pm
God no!

Stolen from my car at Bankstown, many moons ago
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 6:50pm
Also great to see three other Australians in the Top 15.  Each winning close to Aus $250k for their trouble. Including our near neighbor Lucas Herbert.  Star

ps: djebel the decline of the Oz Summer Season has naff-all to do with the PGA which is essentially dormant during the Australian Summer.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 6:55pm
Make that four others in the Top 15 (including ties).  Herbert, Lee, Quayle and Scott. Thumbs Up
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

We should have a thread dedicated to the LIV "Tour" If it was not for the fact it is blood money and the head mouthpiece is Greg Norman I would be 100% behind it.

The PGA Tour has bought golf around the world near enough to it's knees, it has certainly ruined the Australian Summer of GOlf.

It's a disgrace how the Aussie golf tour has been destroyed.

Players like Payne Stewart and Jeff Maggert honed their skills on Aussie courses.

Angry

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 7:07pm
Why is that the fault of the PGA Tour?  Ermm 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 7:17pm
 programming

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Why is that the fault of the PGA Tour?  Ermm 

The Tour has made it virtually impossible for players to play elsewhere.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 7:34pm
With respect, nonsense.

The PGA Tour is essentially in hiatus from December through January and into February.  Any number of US and European players can come down-under for our three Championship events, provided decent incentive (which essentially translates to airfares and accommodation) are offered.

No, it's more a case of COVID hangover which cruelled the last two series and the reluctance of significant sponsors to underwrite the events in the current economic environment. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 7:37pm
 the Australian Tour began to disintegrate long before covid.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 8:18pm
Yes - agree - bugger all to do with Covid. There are a squillion options all year round for these guys to play for big money. Don’t need to travel all the way to Australia over Xmas / New year to make a quid. Plus the Sth African tournaments are active across the same period. 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 8:34pm
There are f-all options for top international golfers over December-January.  Full stop.  And COVID killed us for two years, no mistake.

What's the PGA tour, or even South Africa, got to do with the demise of the Australian Big Three? 

South Africa, give us a break: even 2nd grade US players are virtually absent from South African events and tournaments there have never ever taken serious class international players away rom the Australian circuit. 

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:14pm
Nedbank Challege , DP World Golf ( Euro Tour final) mid-late Nov . Then Sth Africa’s Open start Dec. all 3 attract world class fields including the top aussies . Prizemoney dwarfs our prizemoney - then the PGA US tour starts early Jan in Hawaii. Why would anyone come down to us ? Play US Tour or Sth African  - have 3 weeks off for Xmas & start back up in Hawaii
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:17pm
 exactly, oneone...Clap

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:24pm
Also 2 PGA events in US in Dec - Hero Workd Challenge & QBE Shootout
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:32pm
Sentry Tournament of Champions starts in Hawaii 6th Jan. Cam Smith win it this year & pocketed 1.5 million US. Probably a lot more this year
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Stenson - name rings a bell. He's the mongrel that beat my long priced bet on Mickelson at the Open Championship with a final round 63.Angry My last ever golf bet. And he's he's getting beaten by sheilas by 9 strokes. Errrrrrr.Angry

Now he's won the LIV event at Trump National. How good is the form?LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 2:26pm
Did they have to play around Ivana's grave? Was it considered a hazard?
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 3:00pm
Nah, I think her grave is behind a machinery shed.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Did they have to play around Ivana's grave? Was it considered a hazard?

LOLLOLLOL

very good...Clap
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:10am
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:11am
Some repairs after the Bonesaw Invitational. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 5:43pm

Nick Faldo is overcome with emotion in send-off from CBS golf booth

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 10:40pm
Well the leftist controlled Melbourne City Council has done it again. In all golf courses within the MCC , for the sake of gender neutrality, there will no longer be Ladies Tees at the hit off zone of any hole. All holes will be of equal distance for Gentlemen and Ladies, meaning ladies will compete equally.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 10:59pm
 about bloody time...

I got very tired of being treated like a second-rate golfer, when I could out-hit a lot of men. 

I also agree with that lady who was interviewed, who wanted to play on Saturday, because she worked on Sunday. If she can compete with the guys, then go for it.

I spent over eighty percent of my golf-life playing with men.  Never had one complain I didn't keep up.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 7:21am
JJ, how are Bobby and his mates going to complain about "the wife" over a few beers after a round if there are women in the clubhouse also?

Plus they won't be able to joke that their mate with the shortest drive should be hitting from the ladies.

Those damned leftists, they take away all of Bobbys fun.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 7:59am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

about bloody time...

I got very tired of being treated like a second-rate golfer, when I could out-hit a lot of men. 

I also agree with that lady who was interviewed, who wanted to play on Saturday, because she worked on Sunday. If she can compete with the guys, then go for it.

I spent over eighty percent of my golf-life playing with men.  Never had one complain I didn't keep up.

Don’t be ridiculous.
MOST women golfers are c graders, making them play from the tips will just add 40 min to a round.
No women in the Saturday comp, unfortunately, is no longer a thing in most clubs.

You may well have been able to keep up with the pace, but that’s an exception, not the rule.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Well the leftist controlled Melbourne City Council has done it again. In all golf courses within the MCC , for the sake of gender neutrality, there will no longer be Ladies Tees at the hit off zone of any hole. All holes will be of equal distance for Gentlemen and Ladies, meaning ladies will compete equally.

Not happy about this. How am I ever going to break 100 now? CryLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 29>