Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

GOLF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 11:03pm
Next he will believe he's a golfer .

I don't know what is considered a good handicap . I started off on a 1 and still won easily.

My opponent only got 63 over the 18 holes . I beat him easily .
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 11:11pm
Noting that her husband looked more haggard and disgruntled than usual after his weekly golf game, his wife asked what was wrong.
He answered, “Well, on the 4th hole, Harry had a heart attack and died. It was terrible! The entire rest of the day, it was hit the ball, drag Harry, hit the ball, drag Harry!”
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 11:20pm
Husband and wife were playing in the club’s mixed foursomes. He hit a great drive down the middle – she sliced the second shot into a copse of trees. Unfazed he played a brilliant recovery shot, which went onto the green a foot from the pin. She poked at the putt and sent it ten feet beyond the pin. He lined up the long putt and sank it. To his wife, he said, “We’ll have to do better. That was a bogey five.” “Don’t blame me,” she snapped, “I only took two of them.”
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 11:22pm
One fine day, John and Don are out golfing when John slices his ball deep into a wooded ravine. He grabs his 7-iron and proceeds down the embankment into the ravine in search of his ball.
The brush is quite thick, but he searches diligently and suddenly he spots something shiny. As he gets closer, he realizes that the shiny object is in fact a 7-iron in the hands of a skeleton lying near an old golf ball.
John excitedly calls out to his golfing partner: “Hey Don, come here. I’ve got some real trouble down here.”
Don comes running over to the edge of the ravine and calls out: “What’s the matter, John? Is everything okay?”
John shouts back in a nervous voice, “Throw me my 8-iron! Apparently, you can’t get out of here with a seven.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 12:21am
Yep.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:05am
This is an oldie but goldie ;

Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 10:33am
A similar joke...

Nick and Lou head out for a quick round of golf. Since they are short on time, they decide to play only 9 holes. Nick says to Lou, “Let’s say we make the time worth the while, at least for one of us, and spot $5 on the lowest score for the day.”
Lou agrees and they enjoy a great game. After the 8th hole, Lou is ahead by one stroke but cuts his ball into the rough on the 9th. “Help me find my ball; you look over there,” he says to Nick.
After five minutes, neither has had any luck. Since a lost ball carries a two-stroke penalty, Lou pulls a ball from his pocket and tosses it to the ground. “I’ve found my ball!” he announces triumphantly.
Nick looks at him forlornly, “After all the years we’ve been friends, you’d cheat me on golf for a measly five bucks?”
“What do you mean cheat? I found my ball sitting right here!”
“And a liar, too!” Nick says with amazement. “I’ll have you know I’ve been standing on your ball for the last five minutes!”
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 10:36am
 John and Bob were two of the bitterest rivals at the club. Neither man trusted the other’s arithmetic. One day they were playing a heated match and watching each other like hawks. After holing out on the fourth green and marking his six on the scorecard, John asked Bob,”What’d you have?
Bob went through the motions of mentally counting up. “Six!” he said and then hastily corrected himself – ” No, no…. a five.”
Calmly John marked the scorecard, saying out loud “Eight!” “Eight?” Bob said, “I couldn’t have had eight.”
John said, “Nope, you claimed six, then changed it to five, but actually you had seven.”
“Then why did you mark down eight?” asked Bob.
John told him, “One stroke penalty, for improving your lie.”
Vixen View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 12:45pm
TOP 5

Sanderson Farms
W. Zalators @ 4.50
S. Burns @ 4.50
S. Im @ 4.50

Alfred Dunhill Links
S. Lowry @ 4.50
A. Noren @ 4.50

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:42pm
Sungjae Im plays more often than I do.

Speaking of...........FOREBig smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 2:27pm
Used to back him all the time. Bad habit of melting in the final round
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 6:46pm
Vixen View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Vixen Vixen wrote:

TOP 5

Sanderson Farms
W. Zalators @ 4.50
S. Burns @ 4.50 WON
S. Im @ 4.50

Alfred Dunhill Links
S. Lowry @ 4.50 WON
A. Noren @ 4.50

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 7:52pm
Burns is on fire & Sungjae plays every week, god love him.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 12:05am
Shocked The Shark is back shaking things up!  Beware. 

"In 1994, Greg Norman attempted to launch a startup league called the World Golf Tour. The bid flamed out, blocked by the PGA Tour, but the idea never went away. Not in the sport’s consciousness nor in Norman’s. On Friday morning, a new company called LIV Golf Investments announced Norman as its CEO. Our Michael Bamberger tried to make sense of the press release, which announced an investment of $200 million over 10 years to the Asian Tour, promised to “holistically improve the health of professional golf” and hinted that “this is only the beginning.” ESPN’s reporting suggested that while this is a different endeavor from the Premier Golf League, Norman will be commissioner of a new league that hopes to have its first events as soon as 2022.To borrow a quote from another brainchild of the mid-90s, Mrs. Doubtfire, let me be the one to ask: What the hell is going on here? . . ."

https://golf.com/news/greg-norman-saudi-golf-league-10-questions/
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 12:21am
The shark should stick to posting nude selfies……
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:39am
He would be much better suited to throwing a gelati load of money behind a new Woman’s Tour. Interest in the woman has come a long way over the past few years & will continue to gain traction IMO. The quality of the product is fantastic - esp with all those Asian ladies playing. The prizemoney is still a long way behind the men - so you would get a lot more bang for your buck I reckon - & a much higher chance of success
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:58am
Good on ya Sharkie
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

The shark should stick to posting nude selfies……

while I am not adverse to those selfies, I reckon the pro-tour neds a shake-up.

More team events, more match-play...perhaps even something completely innovative would make golf more exciting.

It's gone into a bit of a rut.

the tour needs some shark charisma...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 2:12pm
I’d like to see the girls play on the same course. In fact, in the same tournaments. Simply adjust the par score 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 4:26pm
Agree Shrunk. Already been one not that long ago. Girls competitive as well. Only difference was the girls tee off shorter. The problem of course with setting up a better system is there just are not enough week-ends in a year to accommodate all the destinations who want the best golfers to participate. Not easy. I think the current Tour program works pretty well - with the Majors accommodating opportunities from most of them . US PG Tour with its feeder Tour (Korn Ferry), European Tour with its feeder Challenge Tour , Asian Tour , Japan Tour , Sth African Tour (Sunshine) , Australasian PGA & a few more regular minors around the globe. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

I’d like to see the girls play on the same course. In fact, in the same tournaments. Simply adjust the par score 

we used to play against the men in club competitions, so why not.

that's what handicapping is for.

It would be great to see a top woman golfer knock off the male pros...and dent a few egos.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:33pm
Please……

Watch them putt 
It’s a different grade.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:41pm
I'd suggest the top rank women have short games competitive with the men Rusty - including on the greens. The likes of Jin Young Ko , Inbee Park , the Korda's , Lydia Ko are exceptional. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:46pm
I was going to say that the depth may be lacking - however i'm not even sure about that these days. The number of Sth Korean & Thai girls alone that are all coming through is unbelievable. Plenty other countries as well - Japan , China US....even Australia , Sth Africa & even India. So much talent bubbling up
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Please……

Watch them putt 
It’s a different grade.

Ha. You don't know how funny that is.

I was a one-putt demon. And an elderly lady at my club could out-putt the lot of us. 

LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 11:06pm
 Talking about putting...

Greg Norman was a sensational putter until that idiot Charlie Earp messed with Greg's mind. I once had a go at him (Charlie) at The Australian course, asking him why he tinkered with the most reliable putter (Greg) in the game. Charlie rattled on (actually he blustered) about how Greg's normal putting action wouldn't hold up under pressure. He ruined Greg. Thereafter, Greg's putting deteriorated and he went back to the pack in that part of his game.

If Charlie Earp hadn't had the influence he had, Greg Norman would have won more than two British Opens. 

Angry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 11:14pm
It’s the Enid Bayton show again!

Waiting for your story about how you had a drink and played pool in the main bar there…..
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 11:36pm
 who is Enid Bayton?

Are you referring to Enid Blyton...one of the most prolific and successful writers of all time?

No...I didn't have a drink in the main bar of The Australian.

But I play a mean game of snooker and pool.

Evil Smile
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 1:43am
Fore!  While you all concentrate on Novak, the ever youthful mullet head from downunder breaks PGA records in the states.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 29>