Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

GOLF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 4:04pm
Final round tonight.
Buggered if I can pick the winner. I suspect that it will be lost  rather than won
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 4:09pm
 would be great if Cam Smith put in a record round to win...

but I can't see it happening.

I'll go Spieth...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 5:01pm
Sadly Cam is about 3 or 4 too far back. He was going good last night but 3 bogeys on the back 9 derailed him
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 12:29pm
Great round from Morikawa last night to win the Open.
Put the screws on Louis from the first hole and never faltered??
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:04pm
 thought Shrunk might like to see one of my putters...I have three, but this is the fun one...

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:53pm
Our young gun Miss Steph Kyriacou tee's off against the crème-de-la-crème today in the Evian. Exceptional talent Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:54pm

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

thought Shrunk might like to see one of my putters...I have three, but this is the fun one...

Following my detached retina and now the onset of cataracts that’s how it looks with every putt I hover overLOL
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 7:51pm
An aussie won one of the golf "major" tournament todays. Mainstream white media have not even acknowledged it.

Should have been reported as the equivalent of Barty's feat a few weeks ago.

Guess not being a golden girl doesn't pay.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 7:55pm
Not really. Wimbledon is numero uno of the 4 tennis majors and whatever that is isn't even a major. The 5th major?LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 7:56pm
Minjee Lee winning the French Open?

Sorry Nobody, it's been all over the mainstream news: ABC, The Age, SMH, Herald Sun...
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:07pm
If you look closely - none of their online editions have anything in prime areas- a link to an article hidden away is hardly worthy of a major.  Last Aussie to win a female golf major was June 2019 with Hannah Green - splashed front and centre.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:14pm
In fairness the Olympics were not on when Hannah won her major.

Certainly this morning Minjee's win was the first item in ABC sports news, it is now the first after the Olympics
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:16pm
It's up front and centre in the sports section of the three outlets mentioned above, along with another News outlet.  And that's without really trying.

Here's a headline from ABC:

Australia's Minjee Lee claims first major title with playoff victory at golf's Evian Championship

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Nobody Nobody wrote:

An aussie won one of the golf "major" tournament todays. Mainstream white media have not even acknowledged it.

Should have been reported as the equivalent of Barty's feat a few weeks ago.

Guess not being a golden girl doesn't pay.
What were the viewing numbers for each event?

There’s your answer.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:09pm
Funny old game golf. Was only saying a week or so ago to a mate how poorly Minjee was playing. In danger of playing second fiddle to her younger brother who had just won his first European tournament. Then out of the blue she shoots the lights out in the final round to win in a playoff. Good stuff - she has a great charisma on the course
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:11pm
Young Steph Kyriocu only went ordinary . Follow her - she will be our best women’s player very shortly
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:10pm
Disappointing news today.
My local club has been forced into closing the course to non members due to the number of complaints being phoned in to the course by people driving past Confused

No Covid in our LGA But the narks have won out. Rather pathetic Angry
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:20pm
Some can't abide others enjoying themselves, pathetic it is Evil Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:30pm
Gay, our course is close to 7km long.
Between 10am and 3pm today they had 32 people on the course. By any stretch of the imagination that is not a Covid threat.
Especially as you have to live locally to play and we have no Covid near us

I see more people when I walk my dog in the morning. It shows how mentally weak many Australians have become. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:41pm
I find it difficult if not impossible to believe that there would be a "number of complaints" by passing drivers if only 32 people had been on-course over a period of five hours.  Ermm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:52pm
The complaints have come in over the past week or so. The numbers naturally fluctuate daily but not significantly different to what today was from what I’m told.
I played yesterday as well as 3 days last week and I’d suggest it was about the same.

Naturally, if you’ve played the game you’d be aware that groups pass each other on fairways. So I suspect the Nazis driving past may hVe seen this happen 

To play you have to book and only play in groups of 2
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:27pm
Mind you 32 people could arguably appear a horde to passing motorists.  Like for instance the huge backup that would occur when Gay's having a round and won't let other groups through when she's spending so much time in the rough, bunkers, or out of bounds.  Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:39pm
LOLI’m sure Gay would let players through LOLand if someone gets the irrits because someone has found some trouble ahead, well they shouldn’t be playing the game
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Mind you 32 people could arguably appear a horde to passing motorists.  Like for instance the huge backup that would occur when Gay's having a round and won't let other groups through when she's spending so much time in the rough, bunkers, or out of bounds.  Shocked

LOLLOLLOL

I thought that it was Shunk who was accused of holding the course to ransom...

Confused

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

LOLI’m sure Gay would let players through LOLand if someone gets the irrits because someone has found some trouble ahead, well they shouldn’t be playing the game

Too right I would if I'd ever been interested enough or physically able to play reasonably but as it is, any trunk twisting movements like sweeping or vacuuming, kill me Angry Falls, pitchforking bedding, stacking hay, moving tree stumps, trimming/shoeing etc. have taken a wretched toll on my body Evil Smile. Yes JJ & acacia, you do have company LOL
I mightn't play but well know the drill re. letting groups thru' & not firing shots directly at them, heard enough stories from the OH LOL

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Too right I would if I'd ever been interested enough or physically able to play reasonably but as it is, any trunk twisting movements like sweeping or vacuuming, kill me Angry

That’s why you fill your golf bag with voltaren & nurofenLOL
It’s amazing how many empty packets of both that I see strewn around the course 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

I thought that it was Shunk who was accused of holding the course to ransom...

Confused

Only by old spaghetti arms and he doesn’t have a clueLOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Too right I would if I'd ever been interested enough or physically able to play reasonably but as it is, any trunk twisting movements like sweeping or vacuuming, kill me Angry Falls, pitchforking bedding, stacking hay, moving tree stumps, trimming/shoeing etc. have taken a wretched toll on my body Evil Smile. Yes JJ & acacia, you do have company LOL
I mightn't play but well know the drill re. letting groups thru' & not firing shots directly at them, heard enough stories from the OH LOL

It's not fun getting on, especially when all that tree stump removal catches up with you. Ouch

Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 1:08am
Cam Smith making hairstyle headlines.Shocked  Ashame his game can't get past Saturdays.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/youll-never-guess-name-cam-smiths-and-other-pga-tour-players-haircutter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 29>