Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

GOLF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Rusty would have hated playing with us. Halfway around he course my brother would shout out "Woods only", then we'd have to play the next hole with the one club...a wood. Including chipping and putting. 

Later he might yell out "Seven iron." And we'd all play the next hole with that club. Usually a par-four. 

We enjoyed our golf...

He’s actually writing a letter of complaint to the course president as well speak.
He started it by say “Don’t  you know who I am” and finished with, “I’m a scratch golfer, get these fools out of my way”Wink

there's always a killjoy...

Ouch
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:23pm
Why do all your stories sound like they’ve been lifted from an Enid Blyton book?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:25pm
 I'm betting he's a double digit handicapper...like about eighteen...

as the pro at Leura once said to me...you can tell before they even hit off...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Why do all your stories sound like they’ve been lifted from an Enid Blyton book?

I think she was a pretty handy golfer....

Clap
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:26pm
That’s a clever comeback Charlie LOL

Now, tell me what you consider to be the better courses of the ones I’ve played recently.

Too hard for you to answer now you’ve made a Jason Kokrak of yourself?

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:27pm
Next he will be telling us about his professional punting mates that sit in offices all day winning money ?? You’ve got to be as smart as him to understand it ??
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:28pm

I think she was a pretty handy golfer....

Clap

She was but she was only off 12 so Charlie, oops I mean Rusty had her banished from the membership 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:28pm

Rusty would have hated playing with us. Halfway around he course my brother would shout out "Woods only", then we'd have to play the next hole with the one club...a wood. Including chipping and putting. 

Later he might yell out "Seven iron." And we'd all play the next hole with that club. Usually a par-four. 

We enjoyed our golf...

He’s actually writing a letter of complaint to the course president as well speak.
He started it by say “Don’t  you know who I am” and finished with, “I’m a scratch golfer, get these fools out of my way”Wink
Hahaha,
Your one of those idiots that Criss crosses the fairway, totally ignoring the group behind signalling they want to play through.
Then get indignant when they are addressing the ball for their fifth shot and get bombed with the group behinds tee shots…
Insisting that etiquette should be observed…..
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:31pm

That’s a clever comeback Charlie LOL

Now, tell me what you consider to be the better courses of the ones I’ve played recently.

Too hard for you to answer now you’ve made a Jason Kokrak of yourself?

Some of the 'best' courses are also some of the most boring to play.

I hate The Australian...and a lot of pros aren't keen on it, either...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:33pm

We enjoyed our golf...

Hahaha,
Your one of those idiots that Criss crosses the fairway, totally ignoring the group behind signalling they want to play through.
Then get indignant when they are addressing the ball for their fifth shot and get bombed with the group behinds tee shots…

There he goes again, big noting about his wonderful ability. 

I’m so glad that people are actually pissing you off to the level that you have to come here and make a bigger goose of yourself. “Don’t you know who I am” You really are a foot stomper. LOL

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:33pm

We enjoyed our golf...after we cured my brother of throwing a tantrum if he hit a bad tee shot. I learned to duck when his club would come flying. I walked off the course at North Ryde after one embarrassing tantrum from him. He stopped doing it when we all told him he was playing singles from then on.

I've met people like Rusty in tournaments. One woman told me I couldn't play with a green or blue ball because she couldn't see it in the rough. I promptly replied I had no intention of hitting it in the rough.  She shut up. (I had bought a box of coloured Butterfly balls, in Hawaii...and often played with purple, hot pink, blue, green and pastel yellow). I was considered a bit of an upstart by the serious players, but I got on well with the older members. 

Big smile

JJ, if I could play golf well enough that's the kind of thing I'd love to do (the "woods only" etc bit). Actually I'd go ok if everyone only used woods and putters. I've never found an iron that suits my swing.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:33pm

We enjoyed our golf...

Hahaha,

why play to 70 when you can have a round of 120?  More shots for your buck...

Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:33pm
What absolute rubbish
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:34pm
Augusta is hard but fair JJ - well it was the last time I was invited anyway. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:35pm
Now tell us a funny anecdote, about how when you played there, you insisted on drinking in the men’s bar….
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:37pm
You seem to be struggling for support tonight Rusty. Wonder why
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

We enjoyed our golf...after we cured my brother of throwing a tantrum if he hit a bad tee shot. I learned to duck when his club would come flying. I walked off the course at North Ryde after one embarrassing tantrum from him. He stopped doing it when we all told him he was playing singles from then on.

I've met people like Rusty in tournaments. One woman told me I couldn't play with a green or blue ball because she couldn't see it in the rough. I promptly replied I had no intention of hitting it in the rough.  She shut up. (I had bought a box of coloured Butterfly balls, in Hawaii...and often played with purple, hot pink, blue, green and pastel yellow). I was considered a bit of an upstart by the serious players, but I got on well with the older members. 

Big smile

JJ, if I could play golf well enough that's the kind of thing I'd love to do (the "woods only" etc bit). Actually I'd go ok if everyone only used woods and putters. I've never found an iron that suits my swing.

I could play a 2 iron but not a 3. I could play a 4 iron but not a 5. My six-iron was my best. I eventually barely used my 7. Could hit a 9 iron out of a bunker better than any sand-iron. It's all mental. You hit a few bad shots with one and it becomes a problem iron.

Now...my old 2 wood...I could hit it off the tee with my eyes closed. Dead straight. I still have it. Not metal...actual wood.

Cool

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Big smile

I knew some guys who played a game like that. They’d end up gambling $300 bucks a round on it.

Points awarded per hole.
2 for hitting the fairway but 3 if they used their driver 
Green in regulation was 2 points
1 putt green was 3
2 putt green was 2
Up and down out of a bunker was 3

Sadly they had to stop playing as the round used to take 4 hours and 1 minute and some clown reported them to the club president 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Augusta is hard but fair JJ - well it was the last time I was invited anyway. 

you wish...like all of us...

Cry

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:43pm
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:44pm
(Sorry that was to shrunk's last line.)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:44pm

We enjoyed our golf...

Hahaha,

There he goes again, big noting about his wonderful ability. 

I’m so glad that people are actually pissing you off to the level that you have to come here and make a bigger goose of yourself. “Don’t you know who I am” You really are a foot stomper. LOL

Irony!

There’s nothing to do with don’t you know who I am.

It’s everything to do with telling people who are doing the wrong thing, that they are in the wrong.
Some people learn, and learn to call groups thru.
Others are too stupid and too selfish to do so, and complain when course marshal,s insist they don’t ruin everyone else’s day on the course.

And you’ve clearly identified yourself as the latter.

Try tennis.
At least then, you can only ruin the day of the chumps who elected to join you.
There’s no collateral damage there.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:47pm

Now tell us a funny anecdote, about how when you played there, you insisted on drinking in the men’s bar….

I'll send you a copy of my autobiography when it's finished...

it's working title is 'From Here To The Funny Farm'...and it has plenty of pretty crazy anecdotes...

Four hundred pages long...like War and Peace...

Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:47pm

]

I could play a 2 iron but not a 3. I could play a 4 iron but not a 5. My six-iron was my best. I eventually barely used my 7. Could hit a 9 iron out of a bunker better than any sand-iron. It's all mental. You hit a few bad shots with one and it becomes a problem iron.

Now...my old 2 wood...I could hit it off the tee with my eyes closed. Dead straight. I still have it. Not metal...actual wood.

Cool

Funny how clubs work like that. I hit my 6 iron straight as an arrow, 180m, never miss. I love it but my 5 iron  will only ever go as a draw. Can never hit it straight.
If I want to slice around a dog leg, out comes my 5 wood.
There’s bugger all difference in the club lengths but I can’t hit them the same. 

Must be between the ears
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:48pm
 Its...not it's...

you wouldn't think I was once educated...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:51pm

]

Cool

Funny how clubs work like that. I hit my 6 iron straight as an arrow, 180m, never miss. I love it but my 5 iron  will only ever go as a draw. Can never hit it straight.
There’s bugger all difference in the club lengths but I can’t hit them the same. 

Must be between the ears
Tiger hit his 6 iron 170 metres…

You are pathetic.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:52pm

I'll send you a copy of my autobiography when it's finished...

it's working title is 'From Here To The Funny Farm'...and it has plenty of pretty crazy anecdotes...

Four hundred pages long...like War and Peace...

Ouch

400 pages? That’s a standard crime thriller now days
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:53pm

]

Cool

Must be between the ears

yep.  When putting, pick your line, imagine the ball going in the hole, then stop thinking.  It's the only way to succeed. Many a thought has interfered with a good shot.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:57pm
"Tiger hit his 6 iron 170 metres…" 

try yards...he doesn't work in metres...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:59pm
6-IRON: 186 YARDS

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 29>