Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Biden Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 262>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:47am
Xi and Sunny p1ssing their pants and throwing their toys out of the cot over Nancy visiting Taiwan. I thought Xi was the great strategist. Putting yourself in a corner with hollow threats is not smart. Nancy called his bluff. What does he do now? Blow up one of his fake islands?
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:19am
Peeing my pants?
Never.
Just watching you squirm.
Or is it just PROPOGANDA PT ....
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:22am
What am I squirming about? You are the one that is all over the shop. You forget that you hate China if a Democrat or Albo does something positive.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine wrote:

That wouldnt be your genuine take on it pt.
Silk purse out of a sows ear comes to mind.
Are you a war mongerer pt?
Living in laid back Byron?
Fantastic.....LOL

Nancy Pelosi lands in Taiwan despite warnings by Beijing

China warned that it would take some kind of unspecified action if Ms Pelosi set foot in Taiwan - and now we know how it plans to retaliate.

China is already taking that unspecified action...

they've said they're taking chop suey off all their menus.

Geek

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:38am
 A watered down response, already...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:43am
Yes, gone from dont come here or else to dont come here to make war.

Xi sounds like Sunny.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 2:42pm
Deep red state Kansas(Trump +15 points) held primaries today. Also held a referendum on abortion, the first test of the new SCOTUS ruling. People voted overwhelmingly to retain the right to abortion 65-35.

Republicans are crapping their corrupt little shorts today. 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 3:18pm
The deeper red the state the more they'd need abortion rights. They get up to some weird sh*t
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 3:38pm
Donald Trump claiming victory in the Missouri Republican primary after he gave Eric his ''Complete and Total Endorsement''.

There were 3 Erics in the race and they all claimed the endorsement was for them.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:25pm
Attorneys for Alex Jones “messed up” and sent to his legal adversaries “every text message” Jones had written in the past two years – contradicting claims Jones had nothing on his phone pertaining to the deadly Sandy Hook school shooting, which he long maintained was a hoax, it was revealed at his defamation trial on Wednesday.

The stunning revelation surfaced during an exchange in an Austin, Texas, courtroom between Jones and Mark Bankston, a lawyer representing the parents of a six-year-old boy killed in the 2012 attack.

Bankston provided to the Infowars host a copy of a text message he received that criticized his platform’s coverage in 2020 of the coronavirus and likened it to his false theory that the Sandy Hook killings were fake. This was deeply unfavorable to Jones because he had provided sworn testimony at a deposition that he had no text messages on his phone that referenced the Sandy Hook massacre.

“You did get my text messages?” Jones asked Bankston, while on the witness stand. Chuckling sarcastically, Jones added: “You said you didn’t. Nice trick.”

Bankston replied: “Do you know where I got this? Your attorneys messed up and sent me a digital copy of your entire cellphone, with every text message you’ve sent for the past two years.”

Bankston said he told Jones’s lawyers about the mistake, but they did not take “any steps” to label the texts as privileged, and thereby keep them out of court.

“That is how I know you lied when you said you didn’t have text messages about Sandy Hook,” said Bankston, whose clients are Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, the father and mother of Jesse Lewis, who died in the shooting.

Jones tried to parry by saying he would not have turned his phone over to the attorneys who then inadvertently forwarded the texts to Bankston if he was trying to hide anything.

“If I was mistaken, I was mistaken,” Jones said. “But you’ve got the messages right there.”

Jones mockingly told Bankston he now had his “Perry Mason moment”, referring to the TV attorney who often won cases by getting those he was questioning to confess to wrongdoing on the witness stand.

“You know what perjury is, right?” Bankston said, referring to the crime of lying under oath. “I just want to make sure before we go further.”

Jones said he did but maintained he did not try to hide anything on his phone.

Shortly after the engrossing exchange, Rolling Stone reported that the congressional committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol by supporters of former president Donald Trump would subpoena Jones’ texts.

Amazing. What a f*ck up LOL
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Deep red state Kansas(Trump +15 points) held primaries today. Also held a referendum on abortion, the first test of the new SCOTUS ruling. People voted overwhelmingly to retain the right to abortion 65-35.

Republicans are crapping their corrupt little shorts today. 

that result was weird. I commented on it on my fb page. Confused
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:03pm
I would be surprised if there is any US state where there is a majority in favour of a total ban on abortion. It's just that the crazies are better mobilised and more determined, as fundamentalists usually are.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:06pm
Not weird. Abortion is a 70% issue in America. Even Republicans in red states can separate their right to life stance from the state telling them what to do with their bodies.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:19pm
Mid term elections are all about turnout. They are usually very short of Presidential year elections. This year this SCOTUS abomination has suddenly angered women and has driven a huge ternout campaign for November.

So effective that the polling agencies have made hard revisions and Democrats are now favored to hold and even increase their Senate majority with FiveThirtyEight now giving Dems a 58% chance of increasing. Cook and Sabato similar.

these right wing nutter Republican ''dogs'' have caught the abortion car and now cant get rid of it quick enough.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:21pm
Democrats now favourites to hold the senate. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Attorneys for Alex Jones “messed up” and sent to his legal adversaries “every text message” Jones had written in the past two years – contradicting claims Jones had nothing on his phone pertaining to the deadly Sandy Hook school shooting, which he long maintained was a hoax, it was revealed at his defamation trial on Wednesday.

The stunning revelation surfaced during an exchange in an Austin, Texas, courtroom between Jones and Mark Bankston, a lawyer representing the parents of a six-year-old boy killed in the 2012 attack.

Bankston provided to the Infowars host a copy of a text message he received that criticized his platform’s coverage in 2020 of the coronavirus and likened it to his false theory that the Sandy Hook killings were fake. This was deeply unfavorable to Jones because he had provided sworn testimony at a deposition that he had no text messages on his phone that referenced the Sandy Hook massacre.

“You did get my text messages?” Jones asked Bankston, while on the witness stand. Chuckling sarcastically, Jones added: “You said you didn’t. Nice trick.”

Bankston replied: “Do you know where I got this? Your attorneys messed up and sent me a digital copy of your entire cellphone, with every text message you’ve sent for the past two years.”

Bankston said he told Jones’s lawyers about the mistake, but they did not take “any steps” to label the texts as privileged, and thereby keep them out of court.

“That is how I know you lied when you said you didn’t have text messages about Sandy Hook,” said Bankston, whose clients are Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, the father and mother of Jesse Lewis, who died in the shooting.

Jones tried to parry by saying he would not have turned his phone over to the attorneys who then inadvertently forwarded the texts to Bankston if he was trying to hide anything.

“If I was mistaken, I was mistaken,” Jones said. “But you’ve got the messages right there.”

Jones mockingly told Bankston he now had his “Perry Mason moment”, referring to the TV attorney who often won cases by getting those he was questioning to confess to wrongdoing on the witness stand.

“You know what perjury is, right?” Bankston said, referring to the crime of lying under oath. “I just want to make sure before we go further.”

Jones said he did but maintained he did not try to hide anything on his phone.

Shortly after the engrossing exchange, Rolling Stone reported that the congressional committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol by supporters of former president Donald Trump would subpoena Jones’ texts.

Amazing. What a f*ck up LOL

The whole thing is hilarious. A lying piece of gelati being exposed continually for telling those lies. Caught out time and again. It will be interesting to see where they go with collecting whatever cash they are awarded as he’s been caught hiding assets. That’s the reason his company filed for bankruptcy - he stripped it of $70m+ in assets since the lawsuits began. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:27pm
How funny was the prosecutor asking Jones if he knew what perjury was and then telling him how stupid his lawyer was.

Can see a negligence suit coming up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:33pm
The judge pulls him up saying he has lied twice to her already and says just because you believe it doesn't make it true.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:37pm
She could have been talking to a few in the Coronavirus thread.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 9:42am
Alex Jones ordered to pay Sandy Hook parents $4.1million.

Few more similar cases to go.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:38am
They haven’t got a number for punitive damages yet.

They are 1.000001 to be awarded punitive damages, for an enormous sum.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:40am
what a grub he is - should have been more. and some morons believe his bile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:55am
That is just the compensation part. Penalty part comes tomorrow. Victim's lawyer is hoping for around $100m but I read somewhere the penalties are limited in Texas. Also to be considered is a criminal referral for the perjury.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:03am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

what a grub he is - should have been more. and some morons believe his bile

It’s absolutely reprehensible that someone could spread this kind of garbage for no other reason than to make millions of dollars. Vile behaviour. Dead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:07am

It will be interesting to see how they go about collecting. As the Brown & Goldstein families found out when they won the civil judgement against OJ Simpson, it’s one thing to be awarded a payment but quite another to actually be paid the money. No doubt this piece of gelati will go down a similar route and make it as difficult as possible. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:12am
The next time I go to a gelati bar and order one of their delicious concoctions my subconscious will probably trigger a reaction and I will have to walk out empty handed.Confused
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:25am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

It will be interesting to see how they go about collecting. As the Brown & Goldstein families found out when they won the civil judgement against OJ Simpson, it’s one thing to be awarded a payment but quite another to actually be paid the money. No doubt this piece of gelati will go down a similar route and make it as difficult as possible. 

The ones in this case have said it is not about the money, they just want the judgement and let the process take care of him.

He and his Infowars company have been found shifting assets. There could be a lot of criminal exposure yet.

3 more cases connected to this to go.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:28am
With this judgement, the Fox cases involving billions ordered to continue and many others around the Big Lie, it will be interesting to see what effect it has on the right wing lie industry.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:42am
Dont sweat the smalll stuff.
This is FAR MORE topical for the WORLD.

US condemns China missile launches as over-reaction to Pelosi Taiwan trip

The US has responded after China’s launch of 11 ballistic missiles around Taiwan following US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to the island

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:44am
You should a China thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 262>