Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Gladys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 58>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Baird's comments late were telling. About Glad not telling him about her relationship as required. It would also require her to stand down as chair of from the expenditure review committee at the centre of the dodgy approval of the 5.5 grant for the shooting range. The proposal was removed twice but Glad put it back on then presided over approval.

Baird said he was incredulous at finding out live on tv about her relationship.
Yes. They are all saying they had no idea about the relationship - is that possible ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:39pm
Is finding Gladys guilty of not declaring the relationship in itself enough to declare a victory for ICAC ? Think that is a certainty. Not sure about the next step re proving corrupt behaviour though
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:41pm
 of course it's possible.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Also see Barilaro's also has an active legal team in there. What is his concern ?

He'll be speaking to them at some stage
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:44pm
Yes - I know its bloody possible. But really - 5 years behind closed doors is a bit of a stretch. Esp when they got spotted at the Mister Mint counter together LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:49pm
Interesting Mr Robinson calling the private session to explore what Baird meant about McGuire giving them concern and discussions around Baird and the comments on the memo re sweetheart deals with McGuire. Robinson said he needed it private because he wasn't sure whether these issues were beyond the scope of this inquiry....presuming pork barreling.

Ayers day will be worth watching. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:51pm
I'm starting to think Ayres - Minister for Sports - is in the spotlight. His own staffers were anti the proposal , Premier Baird's adviser Blunden was against it , Baird himself was dubious - yet Ayres was apparently supporting it.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:55pm
Also get the impression prosecutor Robinson is a cool & unflappable fellow. However, reckon if things go a bit pear shaped he could fire right up. Suppose his career is on the line with this one
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:59pm
I would think Barrels is there as a witness regarding the second funding issue. Baird was Premier when the gun club was granted and Baird Premier, hence his appearance in this portion. 

Glady was Premier for the $30m grant to the Riverina music Conservatorium and Barilaro was  her deputy. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:07pm
His legal guy did ask Baird a question. Seemed a bit pointless - to the point i cant remember it LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:10pm
SKY coverage ordinary. Been advertising live coverage on SKY Extra. On last 2 days & this morning till lunch. Supposed to be back at 1.45 for Baird & just had Parliament Reps live - never crossed back Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:10pm
Barilaro's?

He was also Nationals leader at the time of both grants I think, so grant allocations to an area surrounded by Nat seats would be of interest as to what his thoughts were at the time and what his interactions were.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:11pm
Live streamed instead. As you say - crap audio

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:17pm
I watched it on ICAC live stream.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:19pm
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:26pm
yep - cheers
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:35pm
"His own staffers were anti the proposal"

Why are you wasting this tasty pork on a safe seat? This is highly irregular. My conscience is troubled. Save it for a marginal seat.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:45pm
The little i saw of it has me believing that Gladys is in deeper quick sand than she has beed thus far .   Gonsky ..     Has to do time .

Years of deceit is not going to go over well .   Criminal and she must have known .     She did sack him eventually ,   So it is good night Nurse for Gladys me thinks .
     Some time in the slammer has to happen.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:51pm
I dont think even her $25k a day silk can get her out of this mess.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:53pm
Unless something major is to come Macca (& that's entirely possible) I doubt she will end up in the slammer. Just embarrassed forever.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:55pm

She is very good though
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:59pm
When asked what he thought when Gladys relationship was revealed - Baird replied with one word - "incredulous"LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 7:06pm
Rumour only at this stage but the Badgery Creek Land sales might be the bomb that explodes Gladys.
    If the Boy Friend was on the take and she was signing off on his deals ... She has plenty to answer for.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 7:10pm
I dont think Badgeries Creek is being looked at in this inquiry maxie.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 7:14pm
From memory the terms of reference covered the gun club grant, the conservatorium grant and whether she failed to report McGuire's dishonest behavior.

Also looking at him regarding property dealings for advantage but I dont think she is being examined over it, only whether she knew what he was doing and didn't report.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:15pm
Obviously she didn't report ....    Doesn't look at all good for her ... One lady we wouldn't want to see in the slammer but she has certainly misled a lot of people .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:21pm
And potentially facilitated the misuse of at least $40 million.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:28pm
But everyone does it…….

Shameless 
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:34pm

She could have had me for K24.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 12:48pm
An All Star line up next week at ICAC.

Barilaro, Daryl and 2 days of Gladys.
Time is a flat circle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 58>