Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Gladys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 58>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gladys
    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:34pm
I got this off another website, the best laugh I have had for awhile ..

"Pardon me while I shield my eyes while I think of corrupt Darryl getting the legover Gladys while he tries to get her to get money shovelled into is trouser pockets slung over the chair nearby the bed.'

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:47pm
I've always thought Glad had a likeable, no-bullship demeanour. Of what I've seen.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:53pm
Has she been found to have done anything wrong yet?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:56pm
My favourite part of her presser was when her kiss arse Deputy got up there and with a straight face said:- 

"...she is somebody of the utmost integrity, honesty, and as somebody who has stood by her side as the [insert job titles] of this state, never have I seen someone work so hard. A person of high integrity, honesty, and someone who puts the people of NSW first..."

He said this about Gladys. Who had just lied to a corruption commission earlier today. Who continued to date, until a month or so ago, someone she sacked in 2018 due to corruption.

LOLLOL geez
Time is a flat circle
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:17pm
Mark Latham made a good point about this scandal of Gladys and Darryl. Latham said Gladys must go and used the example if Kristine Keneally had been sleeping with Eddie Obied what would be the reaction of people defending Gladys ?
Gladys, like Dan, will not be a premier of their state by years end.

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

.......if Kristine Keneally had been sleeping with Eddie Obied what would be the reaction of people defending Gladys ?
Revulsion?
Pity?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:36pm

Mark Latham made a good point about this scandal of Gladys and Darryl. Latham said Gladys must go and used the example if Kristine Keneally had been sleeping with Eddie Obied what would be the reaction of people defending Gladys ?

I'm sure Keneally will be thrilled to have that grub Latham use her name in that way, he is a dead-set germ, and SKY is the place for him. You should be ashamed for repeating it, BB
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:41pm
Max, Latham was making a hypothetical case against Gladys.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:14pm
It was cringeworthy, BB, but hey, that is Latham all over. He's an embarrassment. As for Gladys, if she has lied under oath, last I heard, that was a criminal offence.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:11pm
SHY is a very reliable place ...    Credlin is a pain lately with hour after hour of destroying Dan , but at the same time advocating 10% of female applications should be holding 50% of all the Political Positions .

The Ladies are not good in Politics ,   Their record stinks .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:00am
Oh, come on macca, admit you have a picture of Margaret Thatcher on the wall ! 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:34am
I have pictures everywhere Max ....    I do admire femininity . NOTHING MORE BEAUTIFUL >

EVOLUTION is killing the Real lady image as people like Tradd, Palishay and their like , emerge with more prostate problems than me .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:52am
It's a shame Campbell Newman got the boot, those cheering loudest were criminal bikie gangs, who had to repair to hideouts over the border under the heat he had put on them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 12:56am
His policy on that front, got no support from Labor, and I haven't forgotten. Detour Deb for me.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:23am
Newman was another who was hit with the NDS disease on here .

A good man but Queenslanders are too stupid to realise that.

Deb Frecklington doesn't have what it takes .. Most wouldn't even know her.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:34am
Newman tried to do to much to quickly Maxie, he thought he was guaranteed at least 2 terms based on the margin of victory and forgot Qlds famed ability to swing hard.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:12am
Agree Afros , great man on law and order.

I hate repeating it But Queenslanders are like stepping back in time .

When I moved here 10 years ago from Sydney's North Shore , it was like stepping back to about 1950.     
Does not impress me one bit , the Place is broke , The planning is has one congested mess on hand and the worst System by far in Australia.
Shxt of a Place .       Look at the Townsville mess for the good example.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:41am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I'm sure Keneally will be thrilled to have that grub Latham use her name in that way, he is a dead-set germ, and SKY is the place for him. You should be ashamed for repeating it, BB

It is amazing that girly-swot Gladys thought that continuing a secret relationship with a corrupt ex-colleague was going to work out.Shocked
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:46am
I'm amazed that they managed to keep it a secret from everyone, apart from ICAC.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:46am
Her trying to spin ignoring his corruption, claiming that he was always exaggerating and boasting about corrupt stuff, I never listened to him, into an error of judgement about a relationship isn't going to work on ICAC. They play hardball and dont care who you are.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:49am
If she has lied under oath, then that ought see her resign. Is she contesting she did that ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:51am
Gladys is gonsky ...    Joins the never ending failure of the Ladies in Politics .
   Women claim 50% representative positions in the "prime jobs" from a 10% application base . =    MUST FAIL and it is , more and more every day .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:52am
Just imagine what a federal ICAC could uncover.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:04am
ICAC has already claimed 2 Liberal Premiers including the man who set up ICAC Nick Griener and the most recent Barry O'Farrell over his recollection regarding the gift of a bottle of wine. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:43am
Unfortunately Gladys own straight down the line persona will come back to haunt her more than most. Does beg the question though - if you cant trust someone like Gladys in politics who can you trust ? 
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:55am
Almost has a Hansie Cronje feel about it for me LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:09am
The NSW opposition leader more or less implied that Gladys had been a lame duck in controlling her own troops, because they were virtually blackmailing her with this story. Possible, I guess.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Almost has a Hansie Cronje feel about it for me LOL

YES oneone & I detect similar from Max ....    We are staggered & feel a bit empty , for the reason that Gladys , ( Whatever our Politics ) presented as one TOTALLY honest operator..

She has to go ,,   Bye bye Gladys .   Our brains can't be in our undies.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:18am
80% of the public approve of Gladys especially for the job she has done during the covid.
if she goes proves politics doesnt care for or about public opinion.
she did it for love, not the first time in politics is it.
who were the labor couple way back when?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:46am
Isaac there are heaps of them .      Go back 75 years it was no different .
Evans , Mirosi Cairns Kernot Sneddan , Sonya , Hawke , Me , PT . and a million others .     The great unexplainable power of sneezing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 58>